Which are most useful parts of Witchcraft?

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Whitchcraft is cool, but confusing. So many stuff. Which of it is worth using, if I already have Thaumcraft?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
All the things...if you are on a server curses are great. As @dwappo said the infusions are awesome. There are many great mechanics like fetishes (no you people with dirty minds [Does that now include me?]). Overall play around with it for yourself because there is no way to describe its greatness

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I already has water-freezing boots from onee of Thaumcraft addons . INfusions looks interesting. And Transposition ritual too. Can I use transposition without leaving waystone behind?

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I already has water-freezing boots from onee of Thaumcraft addons . INfusions looks interesting. And Transposition ritual too. Can I use transposition without leaving waystone behind?
waystone is destroyed (I believe) so I make a new one wherever I transport to

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I've never really looked into Witchery because for me it kind of feels like a PvP mod and I never really play on a server...

Reactions: dwappo

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I am assuming you mean Witchery?
@SatanicSanta
Yay I was mentioned!

Anyway, I'd say the most useful part would be poppets and infusions. I really enjoy the tool and armor protection poppets, as well as the death protection one.

And for infusions, the Light Infusion is fun, but really not all that useful, and fairly impractical for defense purposes. The Infernal Infusion has basically the same function as Morph. The Otherwhere Infusion lets you teleport and stuff, like Waypoints and the Ruby Slippers.

Reactions: RealSketch

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I've never really looked into Witchery because for me it kind of feels like a PvP mod *snip*...

This. Maybe if I played on a PVP encouraged server I would be more interested in Witchery, but for now it's just extra seeds when I'm mowing the lawn... :)

Emoniph

Jul 29, 2019
Only about 5-10% is specifically multiplayer, the majority of content is designed to fit a single player experience (or PVE). Just a brain dump of a few things from the mod that are single player focused (this is by no means everything just what springs to mind):

Poppets: protect yourself from various ways to die / take damage, auto repair tools and armor once
Dreamweavers: long time speed, mining and hunger removal buffs
Crystal Ball: Grant yourself interesting predictions of the future
Brews: help with bridging, ascending, jumping down holes, digging, farming animals and leaves, escaping mobs and landscaping, summon minions
Rites: Find diamonds with a helpful pig, bring lava to the surface, landscaping, grow forests, change biomes, area teleport across dimensions (players, mobs (get them mooshrooms home!) and items), underwater ice domes, make rain or night, trade items with demons, recover despawned items after death, create villagers from zombies
Wand/infusion magic: teleport like an enderman, take control of mobs and steal their powers, become invisible at will, dig holes, disarm pigmen, slow and pushback mobs, start fires, create water, Burn Souls, Pull Items, Stun, create light, heal, auto smelt, ore double.
Base Defense: Traps, Brambles (some teleport mobs), Leaping Lilies, Sentinal Scarecrows, Disorientation Scarecrows (mobs attack each other), new wood types
Gear: Charms to Trade with Animals, Gear to Protect from undead and creepers, Bark Belt (unique (I think) armor mechanism), Biting Belt & Parasytic Lice (auto potion injection). Crossbow Pistol with different ammo types. Fast flying/exploration with a Broom! Multiple hats, robes, shoes, belts, etc.
Bosses: Huntsman (drops Epic Spear), Baba Yaga (drops Epic Hat), Lord of Torment (drops Epic Spell), Death (drops Epic Full Gear Set and a summonable horse).
Minions: Classic Undead (you can give them weapons & armor too), Spectres & Banshees, Coven Witches, Imps & an animal Familiar.

Check out the FTB wiki for all the features.

Last edited:

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why ppl think it's only pvp is because that's all they've seen on crackpack and forgecraft.... if you want more exposure you need to lobby to get it into a SP series to show of all the other stuff....

Reactions: 1SDAN

Emoniph

Jul 29, 2019
The reason why ppl think it's only pvp is because that's all they've seen on crackpack and forgecraft.... if you want more exposure you need to lobby to get it into a SP series to show of all the other stuff....
Many features have both single player and multiplayer applications too (e.g. the crystal ball also allows you to read other players futures, and scry locations (which is not so useful in single player)). I try to cater for as many play styles as possible (the coming version should have players rounding up hobgoblins and making villages for them, if all goes to plan :)). Ultimately, I'm not too fussed if Witchery gets pigeonholed into being seen as a multiplayer focused mod, I just felt that this thread was a relevant place to point out that it is a bit more than that ;)

Last edited:

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Only about 5-10% is specifically multiplayer, the majority of content is designed to fit a single player experience (or PVE). Just a brain dump of a few things from the mod that are single player focused (this is by no means everything just what springs to mind):

Poppets: protect yourself from various ways to die / take damage, auto repair tools and armor once
Minions: Classic Undead (you can give them weapons & armor too), Spectres & Banshees, Coven Witches, Imps & an animal Familiar.

Check out the FTB wiki for all the features.

Thanks, it all are an interesting toys, and there are many interesting mechanics, but all bonuses are relatively small and under the usual gain/pain curve for other mods (such as TC4, for example)

If you want mod to feel better along with other mods, it would be better to balance it accordingly. If mod is supposed to be played mostly standalone, it would be better to fill missing gaps in progression. Such as farming/woodcutting/potionbrewing (semi)automation. Just my IMHO.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If you want mod to feel better along with other mods, it would be better to balance it accordingly. If mod is supposed to be played mostly standalone, it would be better to fill missing gaps in progression. Such as farming/woodcutting/potionbrewing (semi)automation. Just my IMHO.
Most mechanics from Witchery are automatable using other mods. I can't see how adding automation for brewing and farming would make sense for this mod.

Reactions: Padfoote