Best Tools and Weapons?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to figure out what the ultimate set of tools and weapons for me would be. Like the fastest tools and most damage dealing weapons. I'd prefer the tools to be unbreakable or rechargeable, if not, then they should be easy to repair. I'm also not really interested in TiCo tools, since they don't mine as fast as I would like them to. I like instant mining tools, and one hit kill weapons. I have a wide array of mods installed, so I have a lot of choices. I need a pickaxe,axe,shovel,sword, and a bow. Cost doesn't matter, as long as it's worth it. Show me what you got! :D

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for specific tools; I'm considering the RoC bedrock axe as my primary axe, unless there is a better one. TiCo is out of the question, since I want something fast. An efficiency 5 diamond pick is faster than the fastest TiCo pick.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for specific tools; I'm considering the RoC bedrock axe as my primary axe, unless there is a better one. TiCo is out of the question, since I want something fast. An efficiency 5 diamond pick is faster than the fastest TiCo pick.
You really can't get faster than a Mining Laser.

Reactions: rhn

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
3ee3c4b3c1.png

one hit kill

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
The RoC tools are pretty good. Not because they are extremely fast but mostly because they last forever (unless you die or throw them in the lava or something).

C

chbachman

3ee3c4b3c1.png

one hit kill
Try a battlesign, with the free modifiers from tinkers construct when you logged in with a new version, and all quartz. 22 attack damage. The best weapon.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Bound Pickaxe and Beast Mode. Not exactly a surgical dig, but it'll get the job done fast.
GraviSuites upgrades for the IC2 Diamond drill, the "Advanced Diamond Drill" is hard to beat. If enchanted with efficiency 5 it mines all common stuff instantly. It mines both rocks and dirt/sand/gravel etc. It has several modes including a precision mode for when you are breaking machines in your base and don't want to take down the wall too, it got a 3x3 mining mode to make it function like a TiCo hammer/excavator.

The drill is accompanied by the a chainsaw for instant wood type breaking. Also doubles as a silktouch(mode that can be toggled on/off) shear for shearing vines, grass etc. Also allows shearing of sheep by rightclick. Deals a decent amount of damage if used as weapon, but not enchantable as one.

The there is ofc the Vajra that instant breaks everything at the cost of heavy power consumption. Rather good for mining lots of obsidian and similar hard blocks, but probably too powerhungry to be used on normal blocks(there would be no need to as the drill will instant break those at a fraction of the energy cost).

All tools are powered by any of the GraviSuite chest armours which can be in turn powered by different tiers of battery packs kept in your inventory, greatly extending your working range.

For weapons I cant seem to get around the heavily enchanted Sword of the Zephyr from TC due to its AoE ability. Then I don't mind having to hit a single mod once more tbh, when I can hear that WHOOOSH and see an entire pack of mobs go down.

Reactions: Geometry

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Orespawn mod has those but that most likely in any pack your playing.

Now, railguns.... there close to bows right? Might be a slight over kill with the Roc railgun..