The ability of liking PMs.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
Aaaaaand it's Friday... And you're reminded, @Captainnana, no excuses, now, uh. :p
Also, I have other suggestions, may I create another thread to post them or edit this one's title to handle both suggestions and post it here? I mean, you're already here and all'...
It's a suggestion that @RealSketch agrees with, the tags one, Sketch - remember?
Can it be done? Yeah. Is it going to be done? Not sure. There is a plugin available for xenforo however it is paid so I'll have to find out from @slowpoke if we have any money to buy that, it's only £25 but the money has to come from somewhere and we're going to be moving away from this forum at some point in future.

Oh I almost forgot to say it's not £25 for just that feature, it's £25 for http://xenforo.com/community/resources/conversation-essentials.275/ which I think has quite a lot of features that would come in handy for both our staff and users

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Can it be done? Yeah. Is it going to be done? Not sure. There is a plugin available for xenforo however it is paid so I'll have to find out from @slowpoke if we have any money to buy that, it's only £25 but the money has to come from somewhere and we're going to be moving away from this forum at some point in future.
...:(
What about the data, I know this very unlikely but will we still have our tags?
And when you say move away, like move away from XenForo?

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
...:(
What about the data, I know this very unlikely but will we still have our tags?
And when you say move away, like move away from XenForo?
Yeah, we'll be moving to a custom made forum software at some point in the future made by curse called cobalt. I don't really know much about it as I've never actually used it but it's probably a while before we move to that. The data will remain but not sure how their trophy point system will work.

Reactions: RealSketch

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, we'll be moving to a custom made forum software at some point in the future made by curse called cobalt. I don't really know much about it as I've never actually used it but it's probably a while before we move to that. The data will remain but not sure how their trophy point system will work.

isn't the Minecraftforum beta running on Cobalt?
http://beta.minecraftforum.net/

Reactions: RealSketch

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
It could be useful if someone doesn't belong, but refuses to leave the conversation themselves.
This has happened before, leading to the remaining people having to make a new conversation. It was a pain, since all the relevant information was spread out over about 6 pages of responses in the old conversation.
I'm sure it'll happen again too.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Like PMs? As in privet messages? What's the point? In most cases only 2 people are going to see it. And if you like the message just PM them back saying so.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Like PMs? As in privet messages? What's the point? In most cases only 2 people are going to see it. And if you like the message just PM them back saying so.

I'm currently in a convo with about 10 people. If everyone were to post a "+1" or "I agree", it would get very annoying very fast. And as the limit was recently raised to 20 people (thanks Captainnana!) it would be even worse.