Mystcraft Plasma block Lakes, safe or stupid?

Sonylisation

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! Im playing on the FTB TechWorld 2 modpack and iv found this Plasma block page (The plasma is probably from Reactorcraft and the page from Mystcraft).

Now, my question is: Is it safe to create a world with this highly dangerous material floating around in lakes, and can the plasma be used for anything?

I know that the Reactorcraft mod uses plasma as a heater for one of the reactors, but that plasma is created within the reactor cycle.

Is it stupid to even think about this or may it be a huge benefit to pump some of this extremely dangerous and extremely hot liquid and trying to use it for something? And WHAT can i use it for?

Thanks for your time, hope i make some kind of sense to you!

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
This plasma is from GasCraft - Nether Plasma. It's apparently incredibly dangerous. I've never tried making lakes of it, but I suggest you do so and video capture the result...FOR SCIENCE!:D

Sonylisation

Jul 29, 2019
This is not my plasma. I do not have a block form for it.
Okay, i think i got to that conclusion since one creates plasma in the reactor.

I can see this ending well...
http://emashersmods.wikispaces.com/Gases

have fun. :)
Yeah, you see thats why i asked before trying to fool around with something like that =P Thanks for the warning!

Thanks everyone for the really fast replies and good input! Il try to create a world using that page and then bucket the content. Where would the best place be to upload the result?

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
On a side node, this stuff sounds like a pretty crazy steel factory. Time for some midi experimenting.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
On a side node, this stuff sounds like a pretty crazy steel factory. Time for some midi experimenting.
Unless the nether plasma lakes are surrouned by very strong but unsmeltable blocks(or iron blocks), and if they don't have a roof over them, it's a pretty damn foolish use of a Mystcraft page to use those blocks. That said, IIRC there is a symbol(might be from a addon, can't recall which one it is or isn't) that adds tendrils that could be filled with a liquid.

Oh, and as a reminder, when a nether plasma block touches a iron block, it is consumed and the iron becomes steel. But 1 nether plasma block could hold up to 4,000 mB of fluid. Hence the advice on the wiki for Emasher's Mods to let it spread out before letting it touch iron.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you should wear a 'hazmat' of Fire Resistance V armor or whatever even better alternative there is and maybe brew a few Fire Resistance Potions as well. ;)
Looking forward to the results of this experiment! FOR SCIENCE!! \o/

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you should wear a 'hazmat' of Fire Resistance V armor or whatever even better alternative there is and maybe brew a few Fire Resistance Potions as well. ;)
Looking forward to the results of this experiment! FOR SCIENCE!! \o/
Or just use a Blood Magic Bound Armor set/piece that has a sigil to protect against fire, or cast a fire protection spell with AM2, etc etc. Fire isn't nearly as dangerous in Modded Minecraft as water ends up being.

Plus the IC2 Hazmat set protects against fire, on top of pretty much everything else that isn't a explosion, magic damage, or normal damage.

Reactions: Sonylisation

Sonylisation

Jul 29, 2019
Unless the nether plasma lakes are surrouned by very strong but unsmeltable blocks(or iron blocks), and if they don't have a roof over them, it's a pretty damn foolish use of a Mystcraft page to use those blocks. That said, IIRC there is a symbol(might be from a addon, can't recall which one it is or isn't) that adds tendrils that could be filled with a liquid.

Oh, and as a reminder, when a nether plasma block touches a iron block, it is consumed and the iron becomes steel. But 1 nether plasma block could hold up to 4,000 mB of fluid. Hence the advice on the wiki for Emasher's Mods to let it spread out before letting it touch iron.

wait, so the plasmablock actually acts like a tank? or is the Iron block replaced by a Steel block?
Have never played around with gascraft before really. Mainly focusing on building a proper base now and exploring new mods as i go along.
This after having used the pack since its release and Unleased before that.

But to be honest, i dont see a use of other steel production methods than using Reika's Rotarycraft Blastfurnace. Its super effective, only needs lava, coal and pesky creeper dust.
Other than "FOR SCIENCE!" ofc =P

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
wait, so the plasmablock actually acts like a tank? or is the Iron block replaced by a Steel block?
Have never played around with gascraft before really. Mainly focusing on building a proper base now and exploring new mods as i go along.
This after having used the pack since its release and Unleased before that.

But to be honest, i dont see a use of other steel production methods than using Reika's Rotarycraft Blastfurnace. Its super effective, only needs lava, coal and pesky creeper dust.
Other than "FOR SCIENCE!" ofc =P
Ey... It's more complicated. See, all Emashers GasCraft blocks can hold 4,00 MB of "gas", but rarely do so for long. Once they begin to spread, the amount of "Fluid" in each block drops. And they all want to spread. Gases always try to do so. Heck, all things try to go from a system of high pressure to a system of low pressure. Gases just have it easiest because they are so light and not dense.

Sonylisation

Jul 29, 2019
Ey... It's more complicated. See, all Emashers GasCraft blocks can hold 4,00 MB of "gas", but rarely do so for long. Once they begin to spread, the amount of "Fluid" in each block drops. And they all want to spread. Gases always try to do so. Heck, all things try to go from a system of high pressure to a system of low pressure. Gases just have it easiest because they are so light and not dense.
´
Yeah i knew that. Just didnt know how realistic the mod was. Some mods are using real world entities and words without having any real world physics behind them :)