Thermal Expansion 3 Energy Conduits

Vexxexx

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone here know what the point of not letting energy conduits connect to MJ producing engines, such as BC and Forestry ones? Thermal Expansion 2 was the cool kid and allowed this but then Thermal Expansion 3 was like nope. I don't get it. What was the reasoning for this?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
TE3 Added a new energy system called RF, you can turn RF into MJ but not the other way around. It allows TE3 to be a stand alone mod.
TE has always been standalone. the reason for the change was efficiency. MJ forces some things on you that can cause lag. RF, the new TE power system, has very few rules modders need to follow.
Covert jaguar had a philosophy and a vision for Mj. ThermEx bastardized this. Changes were made to Mj that made that bastardization impossible to do. ThermEx then created a new power system, RF, which has become the standard. Modded MC history.

Tornado3019

Jul 29, 2019
TE has always been standalone. the reason for the change was efficiency. MJ forces some things on you that can cause lag. RF, the new TE power system, has very few rules modders need to follow.
Covert jaguar had a philosophy and a vision for Mj. ThermEx bastardized this. Changes were made to Mj that made that bastardization impossible to do. ThermEx then created a new power system, RF, which has become the standard. Modded MC history.
Had TE always been standalone? I thought they only added power gen in TE 3, no power gen no mod really

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Started as a buildcraft addon,then becomed a "core mod".
The mj conversion is actually a smart idea.MJ consumers love RF.They work better with it.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
In my single player world I use the Universal Cables from Mekanism- they let me convert all power into all power

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Skvapter

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use XU Energy Transfer Nodes can also transfer MJ to RF.

They can convert?

In my single player world I use the Universal Cables from Mekanism- they let me convert all power into all power

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Thoose are not performance efficient, but work well.
Theres also a converter in Eng Toolbox (will be removed).

I mostly solve the problem by removing all mj producers, because they are kinda obsolite in an rf enviroment. Dynamos can be configured to use the fuels what are missing consumers. Not a perfect solution, but works fine.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Started as a buildcraft addon,then becomed a "core mod".
The mj conversion is actually a smart idea.MJ consumers love RF.They work better with it.
A core mod is a mod that only runs code and doesn't implement things into the game. And pretty much all the time core mods are required to run certain mods by the same author.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
It's the right direction, but afaik fur XU nodes it's a lossy conversion, not sure how much though.

XU nodes are lossless. They convert at the standard 1:10 rate. I just always forget which way it goes. But I *do* know it goes the *right* way, whichever that may be.