[FTB Monster] Cheaty Survival Picture-Through

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone! So recently I've been analyzing various packs, looking into them, and I decided I'd play Monster. With a twist. Actually, two. The small one is doing this in a picture-through, which I am excited for, might motivate me more! The other, which is slightly game changing, is cheating is allowed.
What do I mean by cheating? Well, I don't mean cheating in items, crappy anti-survival gamerules, and other things like that. I mean abusing the mods, glitchs and bugs, and stuff like that. Obviously, I'd never do this on a server, or ever. But I like twists. And a little note, there's a small rule I'm putting on myself that is: glitching has to be automated, and most of the times in preference overcomplicated.

To the actual game!
My Seed: BuggyPicture --- Default World-Type

My spawn is just a Plains biome, two redwood trees from Natura in-sight.
SAz9atW.png

iBOyzL9.png

eAIouME.png

Last edited:

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting! Kind of interested on what you constitute as 'cheating' though. Do you mean like full on dupe glitch automation or the old villagers in the smeltery trick?

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
I can comprehend what you mean by "cheating" and honestly, it isn't really cheating. It's just abusing glitches to the maximum if you're going to automate them. Not really cheating if you ask me, it's in the game, available to do but not encouraged. No laws against it though. :)

Reactions: YX33A

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting! Kind of interested on what you constitute as 'cheating' though. Do you mean like full on dupe glitch automation or the old villagers in the smeltery trick?
Both. Well I usually accept the villagers being mass-produced then smelted into liquid emerald, some don't and I respect that. And I usually never cheat with true glitches (not abusing various features).
I can comprehend what you mean by "cheating" and honestly, it isn't really cheating. It's just abusing glitches to the maximum if you're going to automate them. Not really cheating if you ask me, it's in the game, available to do but not encouraged. No laws against it though. :)
It really depends on what you find cheating, though! You might consider using an auto-spawner spawning villagers into a smeltery cheating, or just abusing various mods mashed together. Then there's glitches, which aren't supposed to be there, like duplication glitches and other things. That's cheating, period. However, if you want to cheat, why would I care? Unless I'm on a server, I couldn't care less on what you do. Why? It's your world, you do what YOU want. My opinion, anyway. :)

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Got a little setup going. Cleared out the tall grass around, will probably cover it with cobble walls. Soon enough, I'll be doing my 1st glitch..... ehhehee :)
4CWBO7x.png

So the glitch I wanted to use has been fixed, I guess that's both good and bad :p However I already had other in mind, but it is later game so I will be off mining for now.

Last edited:

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
Both. Well I usually accept the villagers being mass-produced then smelted into liquid emerald, some don't and I respect that. And I usually never cheat with true glitches (not abusing various features).

It really depends on what you find cheating, though! You might consider using an auto-spawner spawning villagers into a smeltery cheating, or just abusing various mods mashed together. Then there's glitches, which aren't supposed to be there, like duplication glitches and other things. That's cheating, period. However, if you want to cheat, why would I care? Unless I'm on a server, I couldn't care less on what you do. Why? It's your world, you do what YOU want. My opinion, anyway. :)

Very true opinion, but I still disagree with when you say duplication glitches and other things that aren't suppose to be there, and when abused it's considered cheating, period. Going back to what I said prior, It's honestly not really cheating, it's just taking advantage of something that you're not really suppose too. It's in the game, not intended, but it's there. If anything it's duping or glitching abuse, but not really cheating in my opinion. But yes it does depend on what people find cheating in their eyes. Also, I can clearly see where you stand and you do make a tremendous amount of sense in your words. I respect thy opinion. :)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but what is special about the first three screenshots? I don't see anything glitchy?

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps I'm missing something obvious but what is special about the first three screenshots? I don't see anything glitchy?
Well, I'm not just posting glitchy stuff. I'm posting pictures and describing my world, a.k.a. picture-through, it's just a picture-through of a survival of FTB Monster where glitching is allowed. So glitches won't always be there, but there a main part of this. If you're looking for glitches, the next time I post might have the first abuse/glitch/whatever you want to call it. :)

xXSpawnXx

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so happy right now! It's rather silly anyways, but...
DMQK51N.png

Also, if anyone has trouble finding redstone, don't look between y12-16... unlike vannila, FTB Monster has changed the localization where redstone spawns via CoFHCore's configs to between y5-12... that wasn't my problem anyways. Just bad luck. I've died a couple times too.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, this happened shortly after logging in to my world today.
8SBPl9L.png

GddlIst.png
MeteorCraft dropped by to say hello, did he? Say hello for me. I hope to chat with him later.
...also 'dat steel tool set. How you make all that without making a house first? Let alone some defenses against meteors!

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, upon checking again, those are mainly stone tools with a steel sword and helmet.