The best way to change a biome?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I need a patch of jungle and swamp for my bee-breeding. There are several mods which might let me do this, or so it appears, but I've hear bad things about things not working about both IC2s and RotaryCrafts Terraformers, and the Witchery Rituals are something I don't want to get into right now. Any (other) recommendations?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Blood Magic's Ritual of Gaia's Transformation, or something like that.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yeah, that's one of the last rituals that get "unlocked".

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I need a patch of jungle and swamp for my bee-breeding. There are several mods which might let me do this, or so it appears, but I've hear bad things about things not working about both IC2s and RotaryCrafts Terraformers, and the Witchery Rituals are something I don't want to get into right now. Any (other) recommendations?

I would just roam around using a hang glider with boots of traveller until I find a patch of jungle or a swamp.... I might even use the nether to travel longer distances on the overworld.. Then I might use the jetpack to make my way pack, or fire a portal to the bee-base and to my FOB....

tl;dr There are many ways to skin a cat? :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
http://wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Rite_of_Shifting_Seasons

Why? All you need to do it is an Altar, which requires another (cheap) machine, and some various items. It's really not that complicated to do it using Witchery.
I'm already learning several mods at the same time, so I would prefer to get into Witchery later. But I'll look into it. (...four coven witches are required. Not trivial)
^^ This is all good, but are you sure you don't want to just fly around and find the biome that you are looking for? :)
I know extensive areas of jungle and swamp. They're just far away and I want to have most of my stuff around my base. The only concession was my solar power plant, which is in a Mystcraft age with eternal day.

Last edited:

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
I know extensive areas of jungle and swamp. They're just far away and I want to have most of my stuff around my base.
Modular powersuits has this easter egg that lets you change biome.

Install the jetpack, go somewhere you can see the sky. Close your eyes, hold space for 5 seconds, then hold the up arrow for 45-60s, then open your eyes again.
You'll notice the biome will be completely different!

^^ See, someone else with the same idea too :p

Mine involved just hang glider, boots of the traveller (and portal gun, or maybe nether portal).