All Items that Speed Up Plant Growth via Ticks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
What are all the items that speed up the growth of plants? I know one, and it's the watering can.

What else is there that may give my magical farm a good boost to get some extra seeds? ;)

Reactions: RealSketch

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
My magical crops farm currently uses the following:

Lilypad of fertility (Xeno's reliquary)
Fertilised soil (Random things)
Lamp of Growth (Thaumcraft)

That's enough to make my crops go absurdly fast. There may be others out there too.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
My magical crops farm currently uses the following:

Lilypad of fertility (Xeno's reliquary)
Fertilised soil (Random things)
Lamp of Growth (Thaumcraft)

That's enough to make my crops go absurdly fast. There may be others out there too.

Thanks, that information is enough to get started.

How far in is the Lamp of Growth (Speaking in research terms) in Thuamcraft?

Will it take me a while to get there?

Thanks!

Reactions: RealSketch

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Thanks, that information is enough to get started.

How far in is the Lamp of Growth (Speaking in research terms) in Thuamcraft?

Will it take me a while to get there?

Thanks!

Not really. It's in artifice and easily accessible.

It does need a ready supply of Herba though, so if you want to run it automatically you'll want an alchemical furnace, warded jars and essentia tubes along with a bunch of something with Herba aspect you can break down. Leaves work, as does netherwort (which also gives you a handy byproduct of praecantatio).

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I usually just stick to using Lilypads of fertility. Their effects stack I believe so you can let their areas overlap. And most crops need water source blocks anyway so they don't take up any space. And they actually stop me from falling into the water source block holes :p

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft time torches come to mind.

If you're looking for a more complicated method, Ars Magica adds a "Grow" component that speeds up plant growth (Maybe the "Accelerate" component would work too, haven't tested). You could automate that with a caster. The spell should be something like "Projectile-AoE-Grow-Duration-Duration-Duration". Add in a "harvest" and "plant" if you want to automate the farm completely.

I'm pretty sure Blood Magic adds...
Blood Magic's Sigil of the Green Grove and Ritual of the Green Grove also speed growth.

EVERY TIME, PADFOOTE!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Dartcraft time torches come to mind.

If you're looking for a more complicated method, Ars Magica adds a "Grow" component that speeds up plant growth (Maybe the "Accelerate component would work too, haven't tested). You could automate that with a caster. The spell should be something like "Projectile-AoE-Grow-Duration-Duration-Duration". Add in a "harvest" and "plant" if you want to automate the farm completely.

I'm pretty sure Blood Magic adds...

EVERY TIME, PADFOOTE!
I WAS GOING TO SAY TIME TORCH AND BM

Reactions: Padfoote

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Rotarycraft fertilizer can have the input torque adjusted to make it cover almost any size farm. Feed it bonemeal and water and it will tick all crops. Works almost as fast as the watering can. It can cover MFR, Forestry, or any other farm. I had a 9x9 MFR tree farm I set to shear leaves. I got over 40k in about 2-3 hours. It would have taken days without the fertilizer.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Rotarycraft fertilizer can have the input torque adjusted to make it cover almost any size farm. Feed it bonemeal and water and it will tick all crops. Works almost as fast as the watering can. It can cover MFR, Forestry, or any other farm. I had a 9x9 MFR tree farm I set to shear leaves. I got over 40k in about 2-3 hours. It would have taken days without the fertilizer.
On that note, there is also the MRF Fertilizer machine. Needs a bit of setup to fuel it, but quite effective too(uses sewage collected from animals, converted into fertilizer to "bonemeal" plants).

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
On that note, there is also the MRF Fertilizer machine. Needs a bit of setup to fuel it, but quite effective too(uses sewage collected from animals, converted into fertilizer to "bonemeal" plants).

It also takes forestry fertilizer, good way to get rid of apatite

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
The Sprinkler needs water but produces a slow bonemeal effect, which speeds up if you actually put bonemeal in it.

The Lamp of Growth requires a supply of Herba. Not too difficult to come by, honestly, although you may want a void jar for any other essences that may come off of the method you use for generating Herba.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Will this method work with magical crops?

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you useing? if you have Xeno's abusing lillipads of fertility is all you need. Bear in mind the growth effect goes up 2 blocks so if you make a 2 high space underneath your farm you can fill that entire area with water to place the pads (bear in mind this is hard to service and can make MFR harvesting/ planting tricky). Grow some skeleton essence, glowstone essence and some netherwart while you are doing it and you will get the pads made in notime with minimal trips to the nether.
You really need nothing else but the pads to speed up growth, but you have to spam them and like all tickrate speeding mechanics can lag out horribly if overused (like a maxed out accelerated age in Mystcraft only smaller).

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

I think OP was talking about magical crops. You can only use the MFR fertilizer on crops that you can bonemeal IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.