All Items that Speed Up Plant Growth via Ticks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, magic crops don't work with bonemeal.

And it seems the MFR machines still won't harvest all the stuff the crops drop.

I was trying to avoid Thaumcraft since I've already done it a few times, but it appears from my researching that the golems are still the best method for auto-harvesting so I'm gonna have to get started on it now.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019

I was trying to avoid Thaumcraft since I've already done it a few times, but it appears from my researching that the golems are still the best method for auto-harvesting so I'm gonna have to get started on it now.
Thaumcraft golems don't get Nature essences or the extra weak essence either. At least, they didn't last I tried it (been a month or two, though, so it may have changed.)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013

They wont? My planter and harvester seem to be working fine

666Lumberjack

Jul 29, 2019
Botania has the Agricarnation - a handful of those ought to have things running nice and fast. There's also the OpenBlocks Sprinkler, but I think that's bonemeal-based.

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
if you want automated harvesting of magic crops and get the extra drops like nature and weak essence, try vanilla water flooding. use mfr planter to plant the seeds, use dispensers to flood the patch and hoppers or AE transition planes to catch the drops at the end of the water flow. i have a map that does this and i get all the extra drops. with lilypads, fertilized dirt, lamps of growth and timewood clocks, i get a 9x8 (8 for the max distance water travels from source) patch grown, harvested and replanted every 60 seconds

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
if you want automated harvesting of magic crops and get the extra drops like nature and weak essence, try vanilla water flooding. use mfr planter to plant the seeds, use dispensers to flood the patch and hoppers or AE transition planes to catch the drops at the end of the water flow. i have a map that does this and i get all the extra drops. with lilypads, fertilized dirt, lamps of growth and timewood clocks, i get a 9x8 (8 for the max distance water travels from source) patch grown, harvested and replanted every 60 seconds

I used fans from RotaryCraft

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I used fans from RotaryCraft
I can confirm that the fans from RotaryCraft work fine on magical crops and also give you the extra drops (extra seeds, essence, ...). I use the fans in combination with the Vaccuum Hopper from OpenBlocks. I used to use the item vaccuum from RotaryCraft too but that one is annoying to have near your base since every item that you drop will be sucked up in a rather large area.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Will this method work with magical crops?
It sure does. It also works on ore berry bushes from TiC.
It also works absurdly fast. Its a workaround to bonemeal your magical crops, and lasts a while.

It seems to drain bonemeal depending on how many crops its fertilizing (which makes sense), so I recommend you only fertilize the stuff you really want to speed up (like diamond crops, and not coal crops)

In my experience, it will fully grow a given crop in under a second or two. If you have a bonemeal farm of any kind (mob spawner or, well, magical crops) you're laughing at this point.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thaumcraft's Lamp of Growth is very powerful. I've been using a sugarcane farm to supply an alchemical furnace which produces Herba essence enough to power the lamp for the cane farm itself and at least three more. I'm still throwing quite a bit of cane away, not sure how much though. The limitation is that the lamp has a range of 5 and it can't be improved.

Ars Magica's Sigil of Nature's Bounty can be improved to have a range of 10 and apparently doesn't need any supply. I haven't tried the combination of both yet but I'll certainly try it on my Ender Pearl farm.

Also, Direwolf20 has devised a way to automate the use of watering cans with Autonomous Activators.

I would like to know the numbers for all these methods, but I don't. Sorry.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Also, Direwolf20 has devised a way to automate the use of watering cans with Autonomous Activators.
A few things wrong with that
1. Dire was waaaaaaay behind on that trend. Honestly he was like a month behind the rest if the community
2. Devised? It is literally just put the watering can in the activator. Only one step. Takes like 3 seconds

Reactions: Padfoote

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
A few things wrong with that
1. Dire was waaaaaaay behind on that trend. Honestly he was like a month behind the rest if the community
2. Devised? It is literally just put the watering can in the activator. Only one step. Takes like 3 seconds

3. It also no longer works IIRC

Reactions: Padfoote
M

Mythixdino

Reinforced watering cans won't break (they are more difficult to make and way better than the normal ones)
Fertilized Soil from gany's surface
Crop sticks combined with the analyzer from agricraft seems to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.