Webchat suggestion

fedprod

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to suggest a popup message / embedded text with an acknowledgement checkbox before one can connect via webchat.
We have seen people quit after a simply "Hi" or simply think they where "ignored" because some discussion is going on,
and other people don't read the channel topic. The text I suggest is something along this lines:

1. Be patient: This is a public chatroom, there can be many people chatting at once
2. Don't be shy: If you have a problem just ask your question and you not only say hi and leave
3. Don't spam: Chances are there is someone reading you, but it may take some minutes
4. Stay calm: Not everyone online has always the answers, chances are there will be someone later on that can answer you
5. Have Fun and be sure to read the Topic for latest and known issues

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
While the idea is alright, it says most of those things in the topic. If they aren't willing to read the topic, I doubt they will read this.

Reactions: Padfoote

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
While the idea is alright, it says most of those things in the topic. If they aren't willing to read the topic, I doubt they will read this.
It's IRC, meaning the topic isn't particularly obvious to people not familiar with how IRC works :p

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
It's IRC, meaning the topic isn't particularly obvious to people not familiar with how IRC works :p
IRC is a place where there are always 50+ online users ready to help you
Kappa.png

8tsan.png