Creation of "Lost Research Guide for Thaumcraft 4.1"

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I scaned the item for mirror magic, brain in a jar and primal focus few days ago.
My thaunomicon dont show me the icons for the research.
how can i still get the research notes?
I thought that the primal focus research was from HOLDING the primal charm long enough, honestly. And if they aren't showing up despite having unlocked their needed researches(if any), then using knowledge fragments to make a research note would suffice.

Reactions: RedBoss

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that the primal focus research was from HOLDING the primal charm long enough, honestly. And if they aren't showing up despite having unlocked their needed researches(if any), then using knowledge fragments to make a research note would suffice.

Scanning a primal focus gets you the research for a primal staff/wand core (can't remember which).

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Scanning a primal focus gets you the research for a primal staff/wand core (can't remember which).
...I have no idea what you're getting at here.
The Primal Charm is unlocked by default, located under "Needful Things" in the Artifice tab, just past the recipes for Salis Mundis. From what I've heard, you need to ignore the advice in the Thaumonomicon about it. Namely "Rumors saying that the Primal Charm has additional powers are just hearsay", because, as usual, the Thaumonomicon is lying to you about a lack of additional powers on something.

Thees

Jul 29, 2019
Ok my problem is: I scaned the primal charm already and the primal focus isnt aviable in my thaunomicon.
And i used the fragments for a research note.
but my note is an unknown knowledge note.
can i do something with it?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Ok my problem is: I scaned the primal charm already and the primal focus isnt aviable in my thaunomicon.

You need to hold the primal charm in your hand to unlock the primal focus, instead of just scanning it.

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Take the note to a research table and pop it into the slot and complete it.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the problem. unknow knowledge note dont show the paper with the aspects when i put it in the note slot.
It shows no aspects, or it shows no aspects you know? I haven't tested this before, but I would think that @Succubism would know what's up with this. Unless, do you have to right click in in your hand first or something?

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the problem. unknow knowledge note dont show the paper with the aspects when i put it in the note slot.

Do NOT shift click the research note out of the crafting table, instead left click and drag it. Shift clicking it out is known to cause this issue.

...I have no idea what you're getting at here.
The Primal Charm is unlocked by default, located under "Needful Things" in the Artifice tab, just past the recipes for Salis Mundis. From what I've heard, you need to ignore the advice in the Thaumonomicon about it. Namely "Rumors saying that the Primal Charm has additional powers are just hearsay", because, as usual, the Thaumonomicon is lying to you about a lack of additional powers on something.

What I'm saying is that you get the Primal Charm and hold it in your hand to unlock the Wand Focus: Primal research.

You then scan a Wand Focus: Primal to unlock the Primal Wand Core.

Reactions: Odovbold

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Do NOT shift click the research note out of the crafting table, instead left click and drag it. Shift clicking it out is known to cause this issue.

What I'm saying is that you get the Primal Charm and hold it in your hand to unlock the Wand Focus: Primal research.

You then scan a Wand Focus: Primal to unlock the Primal Wand Core.
Actually it can be amywhere in your inventory
Keeping in inventory also unlocks elemental arrows IIRC

null123

Mar 27, 2014
This should be stickied, or merged with the current tc4 research thing. Would make things much simpler.

will kelleher

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using thaumcraft 4.1 and I have researched all that I can (except the hidden ones) and I can't seem to unlock the greyed out icons on the second last tab in thaumanomicon, does anyone know? They look like a hood and some new tools (not the runic armour or the pickaxe of the core, etc)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using thaumcraft 4.1 and I have researched all that I can (except the hidden ones) and I can't seem to unlock the greyed out icons on the second last tab in thaumanomicon, does anyone know? They look like a hood and some new tools (not the runic armour or the pickaxe of the core, etc)
What is the tab called? Also, as a reminder, many, MANY things are lost research now. Including things needed for unlocking "normal" research. You may just have a crap ton and a half of research left to do.

Of course, knowing what tabs you have(and if you have Thaumic Tinkerer/KAMI) will help immensely. Because if you have KAMI research to do, it could just be that you can see a few KAMI items that you can't do yet, as a teaser I guess.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds like you have KAMI installed.

Unlock all your hidden researches, and you should unlock Ichor. Everything else unlocks from there.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like you have KAMI installed.

Unlock all your hidden researches, and you should unlock Ichor. Everything else unlocks from there.
Depending on if he has the last 1.6.x release of TT, he may just have it enabled in the config(which is by default KAMI online).