Would you build this?

• Total voters

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Even in Canuckistan, you must have heard of Star Trek. Come on, now, brotha. Not hearing about Star Trek while living in North America is about as unlikely as someone living in the UK not having heard about Doctor Who.
I have occasionally heard of it, but I know next to nothing about it, and have even less interest in it.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I have occasionally heard of it, but I know next to nothing about it, and have even less interest in it.
YOU ARE DEAD TO ME.

(Not really, I just meant that all this talk of fusion reactors and their constituent parts is coming off like a tonne of good, old-fashioned sci-fi technobabble.)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, I actually do kinda understand what's being discussed, I just came to the realization of how sci-fi all this seemingly plausible stuff sounds. Kind of like how us talking about computers now would sound sci-fi to even to a college professor in the 50s.

(Wording is probably bad because, even though English is my native language, its still confusing as hell, at times.)

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
I see, how about a more pure approach like 8 hydros powering a pump, maybe even multiple sets of those, would that work with that setup?

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Query: is the water only used for coolant, or is it used to produce steam of some sort? If its only for coolant, perhaps add an option to use something like gelid cryotheum as a superior, albeit difficult-to-renew, coolant?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Query: is the water only used for coolant, or is it used to produce steam of some sort? If its only for coolant, perhaps add an option to use something like gelid cryotheum as a superior, albeit difficult-to-renew, coolant?
...Where else does the steam come from?

Also, all the thermodynamic calculations are based off of water.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I didn't know if you meant "boilers" in the traditional "water for steam/power" sense (think Railcraft), or boilers that acted as ways to dissipate the heat of the reactor to prevent component failure, with steam being an otherwise unused byproduct. Though, thinking about it, real-world large-scale power generators most times use heat to make steam to turn turbines which transform kinetic energy into electromagnetic energy...so, I guess that's the angle you're taking, rendering my question and suggestion irrelevant.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
real-world large-scale power generators most times use heat to make steam to turn turbines which transform kinetic energy into electromagnetic energy
And that is all you need to know. Remember, I designed these so close to reality as I could that when people ask for "build tutorials", I link them real-world schematics.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Tis what I'd figured, I just didn't know if it was one of those "acceptable breaks from reality" or not. Perhaps, once I'm done dicking around with Atomic Science, I'll see about testing one of these things out in creative...

Okula

Jul 29, 2019
Reika.. Question. Crafting Magnets with the Compactor.
To get an acceptable speed on the Compactor, what should i use as engine/power ?
I managed to get it down to 4.45 sec per magnet, with a Jet Engine and two 2x Gear, but with the amount of magnets needed, I need it lower.
I managed in creative mode with the Industrial Coil to get it to 0.75 sec a magnet, but I also know that would require loads of Torque and speed I do not have in Survival.
I "think" I tried all combos of machines available, but have not found a setup that could deliver less than 4.45 sec/magnet in Survival Mode.
Any Help ? Pls. :)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Reika.. Question. Crafting Magnets with the Compactor.
To get an acceptable speed on the Compactor, what should i use as engine/power ?
I managed to get it down to 4.45 sec per magnet, with a Jet Engine and two 2x Gear, but with the amount of magnets needed, I need it lower.
I managed in creative mode with the Industrial Coil to get it to 0.75 sec a magnet, but I also know that would require loads of Torque and speed I do not have in Survival.
I "think" I tried all combos of machines available, but have not found a setup that could deliver less than 4.45 sec/magnet in Survival Mode.
Any Help ? Pls. :)
Reactorcraft reactor. :3