How do I keep a spawner spawning?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

HojoCat

Jul 29, 2019
Lets say I want to make a power system based on reactant dynamos.
I want to automate the killing of blazes and pipe in the blaze powder. The other element would be liquid redstone which is taken care of.

How do I keep the blaze spawners spawning blazes regardless of where I happen to be?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Lets say I want to make a power system based on reactant dynamos.
I want to automate the killing of blazes and pipe in the blaze powder. The other element would be liquid redstone which is taken care of.

How do I keep the blaze spawners spawning blazes regardless of where I happen to be?
As far as I know there's no way to do this with vanilla spawners
You'll need to go with a mod's system of spawning to make this happen

MFR autospawner
Forbidden magic's Wrath cage
Soul shards 2

But also note, it won't be spawning wherever you are because these mobs still obey the minecraft rule of if you're more than 128 blocks away from them they instantly despawn

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
MFR Auto-Spawners, and I think Rotarycraft can control vMC spawners to do this.

Edit: Ninja'd

HojoCat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I considered auto-spawners but they require more essence than each blaze would produce so I'd still have to rely on getting close to vanilla spawners.
I'll look into rotarycraft. Thanks.
I'm thinking though that the solution will be to just afk by the spawning room once in a while to keep up a decent stockpile of blaze powder.
It makes me think though. Is there a way to send a signal to some kind of indicator light if the quantity in say a barrel is below a certain threshold?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes I considered auto-spawners but they require more essence than each blaze would produce so I'd still have to rely on getting close to vanilla spawners.

Essence berries and a sewer will create mob essence for you.

It makes me think though. Is there a way to send a signal to some kind of indicator light if the quantity in say a barrel is below a certain threshold?

Are you using AE? If so, a ME Level Emitter will do what you're looking for.

HojoCat

Jul 29, 2019
Essence berries! My golems have collected quite a barrel full of them. I didn't realize they could be converted to essence.
And yes I do have AE available. I will look into the level emitters. Thanks!

Reactions: Padfoote

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'll look into rotarycraft. Thanks.
I'm thinking though that the solution will be to just afk by the spawning room once in a while to keep up a decent stockpile of blaze powder.
There are other ways to create the mob essence

I believe portal gun turrets also give mob essence and can simply be placed again as they drop themselves as an item when they die
Also snow golems give mob essence, there's a guide floating somewhere around the forums about how to make an auto-golem machine to then be killed for essence.
Else a cursed earth spawner is also a popular option for this function as well

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
It still does. Its worked for as long as I can remember and I finally got around to putting a fix into TestPackPleaseIgnore today. Sadly the fix was disabling the turrets. They were overpowered anyways. Tons of damage for very little effort.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
also don't forget bees, openblocks fluid xp & xp drains, mfr unifier, and all that.

i'm working on a room for a smp server that will give people xp via bees, and take it away from them as long as they're shopping to be used as monster essence later. more people = more essence.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I have bait villagers in little cages on top of platforms all around my base. Zombies are attracted and get killed by the MFR grinder at the base, plus I have several underground vanilla spawners set up with grinders. Ive spread these things around so Im usually close enough for something to be grinded. Always have plenty of Mob essence, although I had to earn it. Ive disabled essence berries, waaaaay too cheaty.