[64x] Soartex Fanver - Smooth and Clean FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
I did that. It looks like this:
-snip-
It's telling me it's a zip even though the filename is .jar and the default opener is java. The exception was what I thought it was, "Could not find main class Sortex-Patcher_1.1.jar.zip."

Thanks you for the screenshot. It looks like you have downloaded the file as a .zip not a .jar. I suspect that you do not see the .zip because you have file extensions hidden in you windows preferences. (learn how to turn them on here) Now this is sometime caused by using internet explore to download the .jar file as per this article. (this was the first one to come up on google don't take it as an offence). So if you where using internet explore try a different browser to download or turn on extensions and change the .zip ending to a .jar (so the fun name is "soartex-patcher_1.1.jar")

Now if my guessing is completely wrong let me know any more details about what you are doing. It might just be a bug that I need to go fix.

Reactions: Shoeboxam

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
First off, the vanilla pack has been updated to 2.3! All these changes have already made it into the packs mentioned below.
-Christmas gifts added (not very helpful to you guys here, I guess)
-pigs added!
-Inventory GUI has large scroll
-end stone, ender eye, ender pearl, ender portal either remade or added (Chase, Valsis and Soar49)
-shears
-other stuff I am having problems remembering

The Mindcrack, Magic World and Direwolf packs are out! I'll add links from the OP in a bit.

http://files.soartex.net/main/

Soartex Modded has been updated as well. Soartex Technic has been added for the beta build of Technic for 1.4.6.

All changes I have mentioned in the last few weeks have been added to the premades, as well as:
-Redpower
+revisions/remakes on many of the GUIs
+windmill added
+world blocks revised (marble, basalt, basalt paver)
+more items
+new machines
-Xycraft compatability for colored brick
-Railcraft steam turbine, wooden cart, all the remaining GUIs (except for the crusher)
-Major Gregtech update (thanks Nexans!)
-major improvements to Nuclear Control (Goldbattle)
-Thermal Expansion ferrous ore
-Traincraft sand ore (world gen really sticks out)
-Omnitools (thanks Goldbattle!)
-ChickenChunks mini chunk loader
-IC2 scrapbox GUI
-Forestry mailbox removed, apiary machine fixed
-Orizon stone.png reworked (thanks HyperionXL!)
-XBXL waterproof paste fixed

Please download and test these packs thoroughly for any bugs I may have missed.
Hopefully these packs will appear in the FTB launcher soon.

Reactions: GoldBattle

zahfelade

Jul 29, 2019
I keep running into an issue with the Xycraft ore (Xychorium & aluminum). Whenever I encounter them while exploring, the textures appear to flicker. I thought it might be an issue with Optifine (I'm using the most current HD version) not rendering the glowing ore properly, but it doesn't seem to happen with Thaumcraft's ore...only Xycraft.

Anyone else run into this problem, and if so has a fix/workaround been found for it? I tried getting a screen-shot, but it's hard to get a still picture of a flickering texture.

GoldBattle

Jul 29, 2019
I keep running into an issue with the Xycraft ore (Xychorium & aluminum). Whenever I encounter them while exploring, the textures appear to flicker. I thought it might be an issue with Optifine (I'm using the most current HD version) not rendering the glowing ore properly, but it doesn't seem to happen with Thaumcraft's ore...only Xycraft.

Anyone else run into this problem, and if so has a fix/workaround been found for it? I tried getting a screen-shot, but it's hard to get a still picture of a flickering texture.
Yep this is optifine. To be more specific, I believe it is because the ore is rendered by having one texture layer on top of another. This is what we call Z fighting in 3D rendering. There is really no fix that I have found and have come to hate it because it makes filming modded things close to impossible because of its distraction.

zahfelade

Jul 29, 2019
Yep this is optifine. To be more specific, I believe it is because the ore is rendered by having one texture layer on top of another. This is what we call Z fighting in 3D rendering. There is really no fix that I have found and have come to hate it because it makes filming modded things close to impossible because of its distraction.
Okay...that's what I thought. It is really distracting...especially when exploring dark caves, while trying to figure out where the skeleton/spider noises are coming from. I'll just disable Optifine for now. I usually have better luck with the standard version of it, but last I checked it wasn't updated to 1.4.6 yet. The main reason I use Optifine is for the Clear Water setting anyway. From what I gather Forge has native HD texture support now, so the less distracting Xycraft ore should outweigh any features I may be missing out on due to not running Optifine.

Cheez99

Jul 29, 2019
The only thing you'll miss for not running optifine is the custom water and lava, and of course all the extra settings optifine has. All the HD block textures will still work, you just have to deal with vanilla water and lava. I have the flickering Xycraft blocks too; the best thing I've been able to do short of removing optifine is put a torch near them or mine them.

Toth Daniel

Jul 29, 2019
First off, the vanilla pack has been updated to 2.3! All these changes have already made it into the packs mentioned below.
-Christmas gifts added (not very helpful to you guys here, I guess)
-pigs added!
-Inventory GUI has large scroll
-end stone, ender eye, ender pearl, ender portal either remade or added (Chase, Valsis and Soar49)
-shears
-other stuff I am having problems remembering

The Mindcrack, Magic World and Direwolf packs are out! I'll add links from the OP in a bit.

http://files.soartex.net/main/

Soartex Modded has been updated as well. Soartex Technic has been added for the beta build of Technic for 1.4.6.

All changes I have mentioned in the last few weeks have been added to the premades, as well as:
-Redpower
+revisions/remakes on many of the GUIs
+windmill added
+world blocks revised (marble, basalt, basalt paver)
+more items
+new machines
-Xycraft compatability for colored brick
-Railcraft steam turbine, wooden cart, all the remaining GUIs (except for the crusher)
-Major Gregtech update (thanks Nexans!)
-major improvements to Nuclear Control (Goldbattle)
-Thermal Expansion ferrous ore
-Traincraft sand ore (world gen really sticks out)
-Omnitools (thanks Goldbattle!)
-ChickenChunks mini chunk loader
-IC2 scrapbox GUI
-Forestry mailbox removed, apiary machine fixed
-Orizon stone.png reworked (thanks HyperionXL!)
-XBXL waterproof paste fixed

Please download and test these packs thoroughly for any bugs I may have missed.
Hopefully these packs will appear in the FTB launcher soon.

Awesome!I am in my father's lptop what is NOT powerful enough to hangle technic+64x texture pack,can someone tell me that:Is there any mod's texture missing fom technich?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Goldbattle is awesome! New version of the patcher out, it will track mods installed into your TP and checkmark the ones that have newer patches.
http://soartex.net/patcher
The patcher can install textures for individual mods into your Soartex pack for you.

Also, getting close.
Oooh it's finally coming... The Texture Pack tab...

Also, the new patcher said it couldn't load a list of mods from my existing texture pack.

edit: oh thats because it doesn't look at the textures, but rather creates an installed mods file inside the pack. nevermind then, working good :D

Reactions: GoldBattle

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like the Sequoia Sapling is a broken texture now. I believe that's from forestry.

SublightNova

Jul 29, 2019
Great Stuff!!! :) I switched from sphax after finding soartex a few days ago and i'm loving it. Keep up the good work.

Still quiet a few textures missing for the direwolf pack, xycraft.. some vanialla stuff but it already looks absolutely amazing :)

LordDeTracy

Jul 29, 2019
I would do this myself, but i lack the knowledge or know how to do this. I love the Xycraft blocks in the direwolf pack. Is there anyway to make them...combine together like glass does? I like how you can have X big of glass and only the border around the whole thing shows and all the individual blocks are connected. I built a huge tower just out of XY structure blocks and would like to see them so how combine like glass. Thank you!

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I find that some textures are missing.
Crescent hammer fixed in all packs by GoldBattle. If you'd prefer not to redownload the whole file, use the patcher to just get the changes.

@Lord: I would love that too! There are two methods possible to determine the texture to target and sadly neither are usable for mods:
1: Slot in the terrain.png (Xycraft blocks are not in the terrain.png)
2. Block ID (block IDs are changed by config files, so I cannot touch that without risking it affect other blocks)
Believe me, I've tried. If the block IDs used by FTB are kept extremely stable going forward, I'll consider connecting the Xycraft blocks as an FTB pack only feature.

KungPaoCh1cken

Jul 29, 2019
... combine like glass.

Does your glass textures in soartex show as a connected texture? I would love to see a block of four glass show as one, but I still see a border around each of the 4 blocks. Yes, I have optifine installed, and yes I have the connected textures options on. I thought that this was just part of the soartex way of doing glass. Am I wrong?

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
I am wary of over-connected glass. If you have a pane of glass any larger than 3x3, it just becomes invisible. What I did about this is set up the connected glass to only work with MCPatcher, where it would also receive a tint to keep it from disappearing altogether. Since Optifine does not have the better glass mod which allows me to add a tint, I made sure the properties file for connected glass was not in a format Opti can read.

I must have forgotten to include the glass.txt which explains this and gives instructions on how to change it (easily) on your own. Sorry!

To connect glass on Optifine:
Rename /CTM/GlassBorder.properties to /CTM/terrain49.properties

Shoeboxam

Jul 29, 2019
The Soartex Direwolf texture pack updated yesterday should already be forwards compatible with Direwolf20 V3 modpack. Be sure to test it for anything I have missed, but all the textures added in the modpack update should already exist in our sprite sheets.

The Soartex Mindcrack texture pack updated yesterday is not yet compatible with Mindcrack V6 modpack because of changes in the Gregtech texture sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.