Open Server ✰Agrarian Skies✰ - Skyblock Server | PvE and PvP, raiding, 24/7, no lagg, advanced protection

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
WJ0x2Rm.png

IP:
agrarian3.mineyourmind.net
IP: agrarian2.mineyourmind.net(recommended)
IP: agrarian1.mineyourmind.net
Version: 3.1.2
Forum: MineYourMind.net

The Modpack:

Agrarian Skies is a new modded minecraft skyblock modpack by jadedcat which is still in development but also in public beta which we can already enjoy. It is heavily based on the Ex Nihilo Mod which is the heart of the modpack and allows the skyblock system with mods. If you ever wanted to test your skills and build an empire out of only one sapling and dirt block, this is your chance!

Features:

- Team up with up to 4/8 friends per skyblock
- PvP and Raiding in the Nether
- Extra custom challenges
- Change biomes per chunk basis
- Huge distances between skyblocks, build nearly as big as you want
- Custom protection to avoid griefing with modded items
- No banned items (we only ban what we need to)
- Public showcase on the forums to show everyone what you are able to achieve

Rules:

- Ignorance is no excuse!
- Be respectful and use common sense
- Speak English in the global chat
- No spamming, swearing, advertising and no racial or sexual slurs
- No griefing and stealing in any form, even if it is unprotected
- No custom modifications or hacks
- Use the ticket system if you have questions/problems
- Report Bugs, exploits, glitches and don't use them
- The procedure for breaking rules is up to the server staff.

Server Hardware:

- E3-1270v3 (one of the worlds best single thread cpu's -> perfect for minecraft)
- 32 GB ECC RAM
- DataCenter SSDs as Raid
- Level 3 Backbone (for low latency world wide)
- Hosted in Germany.
(this is just one of our boxes as example)

MineYourMind:

We MineYourMind are hosting modded minecraft servers since years and got professional with our own box when the ftb ultimate pack got public, since than we have collected a lot of experience and developed our own plugins to solve a lot of the problems modded minecraft adds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Biblo15

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
  • crazy, first player got already an entire me system up and running ;)

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
have you added an option to spawn on a platform rather then the home yet?
Or even a island with only 1 tree and 1 dirt block, nothing else

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
have you added an option to spawn on a platform rather then the home yet?
Or even a island with only 1 tree and 1 dirt block, nothing else
you type in ./island and get a gui where you can create a new island. you can use ./island invite <name> to invite friends to your island and get back to it with ./island home.
Does that answer your question?

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
you type in ./island and get a gui where you can create a new island. you can use ./island invite <name> to invite friends to your island and get back to it with ./island home.
Does that answer your question?
no, i mean instead of the Home sweet home island, how about a second version thats just a platform, or a 1 tree, 1 dirt, and a chest.
I bet if you ask your player base, most will say they dont like the home

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
no, i mean instead of the Home sweet home island, how about a second version thats just a platform, or a 1 tree, 1 dirt, and a chest.
well we decided to do it like jadedcat designed it. If you like to start with less you could take a look into skytech from the ATLauncher.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
K I had a go on this one for a couple of days, seemed okay but staff dont seem to know a lot about the pack as a whole & some items that are banned seem silly like tank & sprinkler, player base was small & only seemed active after school hours eu time, oh & there version of the starting house is so ugly it must be pulled down asap & reuse the mats, in short a run of the mill open server with the normal spam msg's to donate etc.

6 of 10 as a rating, usable.

Reactions: Teddy Bear

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
K I had a go on this one for a couple of days, seemed okay but staff dont seem to know a lot about the pack as a whole & some items that are banned seem silly like tank & sprinkler, player base was small & only seemed active after school hours eu time, oh & there version of the starting house is so ugly it must be pulled down asap & reuse the mats, in short a run of the mill open server with the normal spam msg's to donate etc.

the srpinklers are crashing the server, I know that they are banned on serendipity, too. According to the player base, it is a new modpack, the server just launched and it is not very famous, you don´t even see it in the launcher if you don´t scroll and most people leave after 5 min. as they don´t know how to start and refuse to look on wikis. About the island, we are very limited in blocks we can use, as we have to use blocks you can´t realy use for other stuff, this are only 1-2% of all blocks. Another problem is that we can´t use any microblocks and some of the modded blocks as they don´t work to copy and paste. If you like you are free to build a island out of blocks you can´t use for anything else (besides simple things like wood) and send it to us that we implement it. We spent hours trying to build a house but it is kinda pointless to build a nice looking one with these limited resources.

6 is kinda harsh, they do have some good developers but its iplmented poorly, you cant trade iteams, since you cant toss or pick up items on others islands, including spawn

!!!!wait the sprinkler and tanks are banned to?
guess i stay at serendipity, only limited item there is the Chunkloader. (silk worms but you can /kit string every 4 hrs or so)[DOUBLEPOST=1395906499][/DOUBLEPOST]
nice, you suggest i go play Sky factory instead of offering your player base an option(hope the rest of your staff isnt like you), i dare you to ask how many player didnt want that house to start with.

It is intended that you can´t trade items outside of your island. What do you think will happen if players give out end game items to new players just for fun. It is a modpack where you figure out how to do all the stuff your self out of nothing. If you want to trade I recommend serendipity, we kinda share problems and solutions on crashes, bugs and all that stuff.

We have the same kit with strings like serendipity, just to /kit silkworm.

@Teddy Bear we would have implemented multiple island types but the problem is that our skyblock plugin doesn´t allow this. We would have to create one server for each skyblock theme, that is why we decided to go with jadedcat´s style of the island. However jadedcat built everythign out of clay microblocks as you can´t use them for anything else, but we can´t use microblocks as schematic and are so limited with blocks we can use. If you are able to built a great looking house out of resources like wood and things you can´t use for anything else I would love to see and use it. You are the first person even talking about the house to me so I didn´t take it serious yet. I mean before this post you didn´t (or I did not understand it that way) even talk about the fact that you don´t like the house. I understood it that way that you would like to start like in normal vanilla skyblock, that´s why I said we decided to stick to the autors thoughts of the island with a small house and less dirt as this is kinda the first thing you have to figure out.

Edit: ohh, I just realized you were talking about the open blocks sprinkler. The RC Sprinkler is the one crashing the server. It was not intended that this one is banned, I unbanned it, sorry. If there should be any other banned item which is not on the list. Please let us know.

Last edited:

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
are you updating soon?
1.0.5 is out now
we like to stay with the recommended version if there are no major bug fixes. Unfortunately a lot of players don´t know on how to change the version and even ignore a link "Important: http://mym.li/join-a" in the chat which would explain everything. :( If there are a few good reasons, we can update before it gets recommended. Until the changelog is out we don´t even know what changed ;).

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
we like to stay with the recommended version if there are no major bug fixes. Unfortunately a lot of players don´t know on how to change the version and even ignore a link "Important: http://mym.li/join-a" in the chat which would explain everything. :( If there are a few good reasons, we can update before it gets recommended. Until the changelog is out we don´t even know what changed ;).
it is recommended. 1.0.5 is recommended

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
she is pushing the version as we speak,
she shut down the stream to update
hopefully it will be up soon.... =)

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
You can now choice to select between 4 various islands. If you have a idea for another island then let us know.

I'm sorry that I and @Slind spend our time more for manage the server to keep it running instead of playing. The OpenBlocks tank should not be banned, (sprinkler was never banned) that's why immediately unbanned the item and @Slind got mixed up with the rotary one on the other servers. If you find other items which are not on the banneditems list then let us know. To the island, we have now some more islands which you can use and if you want you can build one how you would prefer it and we will add it to the selection.

If you are still playing on our server then you are welcome to give us suggestions
6 is kinda harsh, they do have some good developers but its iplmented poorly, you cant trade iteams, since you cant toss or pick up items on others islands, including spawn
How @Slind already said it is no bug that you can't drop or pick up items on other islands. It would destroy the sense of skyblock if you get items at the start. But if you reached the nether then you can trade in the nether.

Thanks for reading.

Teddy Bear

Jul 29, 2019
wise choice, i will come on later. as of now there are 3 servers that have this pack,
all three have their advantages but they also have their flaws.
Either they dont have the correct protection, mobs spawning is too low, biomes are too large, player base are rude...ect

I hope MyM can fill that void that other servers are lacking