How do you reset a modpack in the launcher?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to have screwed up my Magic World modpack, and want to reset the whole thing to the default mods and settings. After that point I'll re-add the mods I want to add to it.

It would be nice if the FTB launcher allowed us to clone instances like MultiMC does. That way we can just leave the original alone and make a copy to alter. As it is now, when I try to restore it to the defaults, the game still crashes when trying to make a new world. How do you fix this?

bary3000

Jul 29, 2019
To reset the modpack do the following:
Go to "options" and then prees "force update". Now go back to "Modpacks" and choose the modpack you want to reset. and press lanch.

Reactions: DaveSW

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh thanks. I thought "force update" forced a reset for ALL the modpacks, since the button itself doesn't give any context as to what its forcing an update on. A bit confusing on the interface. Also it'd be nice if there was a way to remove individual mods from the list (as opposed to just disabling them).

Recon

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. Just sayin' the UI should do that instead. Its dead easy to make a file delete button, but annoying to have to go into the mod folder yourself and mess around.

HomieC223

Jul 29, 2019
I keep having problems trying to get onto the play.mineyourmind.net ftb server. I need 201 mods because it says that on my friend's computers but mine only loads 199 mods so I'm missing 2. i reset it and everything. please help

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I would use MultiMC .. when I figure out how that darned thing works!

O

Oddrey

i had similar problems with my 3rd party packs for the past 2 weeks. Thankfully i found this post, made this account just so i could say thanks xD