Modded UHC tournament

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Should there be a Modded Ultra Hardcore?

• Total voters

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Unlimited pathfinding?

Well, you can always run away, and let the monsters die with distance/time, or put up fences, etc.
The bigger issue is that unlimited pathfinding, without "can you even be sure that there is a path", can quickly turn into a CPU/memory nightmare on the server.

As for "Attract all mobs in range", that's not necessarily a bad thing. It does mean that if you can do a good scratch to someone, and that person does not have backup prayers or other healing options handy, they are in serious trouble / have to wall off. So the whole issue of "The fights will go on forever because someone can disengage, heal, and recover/return" is less of a problem -- since both players have to worry about mutual damage below 6 (Q: Is that 6 hearts, or 6 health? 6 hearts -- you start bleeding at 45% damage taken -- is fairly early/quick), both players have a desire to break off. If anything, arrow sniping / traps become a better option than normal -- bow against a sword, with distance between them, goes to the bow wielder.

===

Wait, GasCraft? Isn't that the mod that just makes mining more dangerous, with gas pockets that can explode from torches, and no real benefits from the gases themselves?

No you're thinking of the Gas mod in BnB. This allows you to create gases and use them as weapons. No naturally spawning gas.

Afte reading what Shazam said, I think I'll be removing most mob mods, including Zombie Awareness.

As for generating ores using COG, I'd personally rather use TPPI's method of Ore Gen and increase spawns, but I think it's import others have their own say on this.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I feel everybody should start with basic tools and food.

If this isn't too cheaty: Iron Shovel, Iron Sword, Iron Pickaxe, Cheated Thauminomicon, Iron Hammer, Wood Armour.[DOUBLEPOST=1394970267][/DOUBLEPOST]If I get permissions this week and we successfully narrow down the modlist, I can certainly get the pack released on the FTB Launcher. Although some of the mods already need an update.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
While we're picking on Mevansuto's mod list...

Things like ICBM, MFFS, and TT:Kami seem too advanced for a 5 hour event. Galacticraft goes in this bucket too, but he's said he doesn't want to rule out space battles, so whatever.

As cool as ichorium missiles raining down on a force field from SPACE sounds, it probably won't happen in a UHC.

On an unrelated note, weather mod. That's an interesting addition.

EDIT: Wait, saw the post about starting with a cheated Thaumonomicon. TT:Kami can stay.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
While we're picking on Mevansuto's mod list...

Things like ICBM, MFFS, and TT:Kami seem too advanced for a 5 hour event. Galacticraft goes in this bucket too, but he's said he doesn't want to rule out space battles, so whatever.

As cool as ichorium missiles raining down on a force field from SPACE sounds, it probably won't happen in a UHC.

On an unrelated note, weather mod. That's an interesting addition.

EDIT: Wait, saw the post about starting with a cheated Thaumonomicon. TT:Kami can stay.

I don't feel ICBM is too far in, you can get missiles after one mining trip. MFFS might be a bit hard to get. Galacticraft has awesome space stuffs that I can't deny.

Eadorimthryth

Jul 29, 2019
I don't feel ICBM is too far in, you can get missiles after one mining trip. MFFS might be a bit hard to get. Galacticraft has awesome space stuffs that I can't deny.
I'd say no force fields... to OP and people would just bury them selves in or make it so that when a not-whitelisted person enters a specific area instantly dies. Way to OP, even if it is hard to get!
About AE: AE has some nice early game stuff like the grind stone.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I'd say no force fields... to OP and people would just bury them selves in or make it so that when a not-whitelisted person enters a specific area instantly dies. Way to OP, even if it is hard to get!
About AE: AE has some nice early game stuff like the grind stone.

Good point about AE. You're probably right about MFFS. I'll remove it. What else should be removed?

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Good point about AE. You're probably right about MFFS. I'll remove it. What else should be removed?

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

Bibliocraft, as well as it's three add-ons, are purely aesthetic and wouldn't have much purpose in a UHC. Same with Carpenter's Blocks and Chisel.

You have Biomes O' Plenty, Highlands, and Advanced Terrain Generation listed, all of which majorly modify the terrain. Are those compatible with each other? Would you be okay narrowing it down to one?

If you won't be using AE for its storage capabilities, get rid of its add-on Extra Cells.

Atomic Science seems too late game.

Hardcore Ender Expansion, while cool, wouldn't be used much. Does anyone actually go to the End in UHC if that isn't the goal of the season?

Any kind of map mod, because you shouldn't be able to see players sneaking up on you on a minimap. This was disabled in Crack The Beast for the same reason.

Damage Indicators...eh. Borderline. You'd be able to tell how much health a target had before you fought.

I don't know enough about Magical Crops to condemn it, but reconsider if you want people being able to grow resources.

Railcraft, Railcraft Dusts, and WRCBE probably won't be used at all.

Enhanced Portals. It's more of a "slightly more convenient portals" mod, rather than a "super awesome deadly portals" mod.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you make an updated mod list? That would really be helpful.

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

Bibliocraft, as well as it's three add-ons, are purely aesthetic and wouldn't have much purpose in a UHC. Same with Carpenter's Blocks and Chisel.

You have Biomes O' Plenty, Highlands, and Advanced Terrain Generation listed, all of which majorly modify the terrain. Are those compatible with each other? Would you be okay narrowing it down to one?

If you won't be using AE for its storage capabilities, get rid of its add-on Extra Cells.

Atomic Science seems too late game.

Hardcore Ender Expansion, while cool, wouldn't be used much. Does anyone actually go to the End in UHC if that isn't the goal of the season?

Any kind of map mod, because you shouldn't be able to see players sneaking up on you on a minimap. This was disabled in Crack The Beast for the same reason.

Damage Indicators...eh. Borderline. You'd be able to tell how much health a target had before you fought.

I don't know enough about Magical Crops to condemn it, but reconsider if you want people being able to grow resources.

Railcraft, Railcraft Dusts, and WRCBE probably won't be used at all.

Enhanced Portals. It's more of a "slightly more convenient portals" mod, rather than a "super awesome deadly portals" mod.

I 100% agree with you on the aestics mods, but @Eadorimthryth wants to use them for spawn. They're all compatible in the ATG gamemode, but we could just use BoP.

I'll remove ExtraCells.

I'm reluctant to remove all of Calclavia's mods just because I like them all so much, sorry...

I already removed HEE, I just forgot to say.

Would you have a problem with using Opis as you can't see players on that?

I'll remove Damage Indicators. Might be cheaty in this environment.

Magical Crops won't really be all that useful and as a result I already decided to remove these.

Again, already removed the Railcraft mods. I should try to keep you all better informed. As a result the only power systems now are RF and UE.

I've thought of uses for WRCBE, as I'd personally use it in a game I think I'd like to keep it.

I agree with you on Enhanced Portals, it's gone now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1395003700][/DOUBLEPOST]List as it stands.

1. Advanced Genetics

2. AOBD

3. Applied Energistics

4. ARCHIMEDES' SHIPS

5. ArmorStatus HUD

6. Ars Magica 2

7. Atomic Science

8. Better Storage

9. Bibliocraft

10. Bibliowoods - Biomes O Plenty

11. Bibliowoods - Highlands

12. Bibliowoods - Natura

13. Big Reactors

14. Biomes O' Plenty

15. Blood Magic

16. Carpenter’s Blocks

17. Chisel

18. DartCraft

19. Dungeon Pack

20. Ender Storage

21. EnderIO

22. Engineers Toolbox

23. EVOC

24. Extra Utilities

25. Flat Signs

26. ForgeIRC

27. Galaticraft

28. Gascraft

29. Hat Stand

30. Hats

31. ICBM

32. Infinity Bows

33. Inventory Tweaks

34. Jabba

35. Journey Map

36. Opis

37. Mariculture

38. Mekanism

39. MFFS

40. Minefactory Reloaded

41. Modular Power Suit

42. Modular Power Suits Addons

43. Natura

44. NEI

45. NEI Addons

46. NEI Plugins

47. Nether Ores

48. Not Enough Keys

49. ObsidiPlates

50. Open Components

51. Open Computers

52. OpenBlocks

53. Pam's Clay Spawn

54. Portal Gun

55. Project:Red

56. Redstone Arsenal

57. Remote IO

58. Resonant Induction

59. Roguelike Dungeons

60. ServerTools

61. SortFix

62. Special Mobs

63. Steve's Factory Manager

64. Thaumcraft 4

65. Thaumcraft Mob Aspects

66. Thaumic Reliquary

67. Thaumic Tinkerer

68. Thaumic Tinkerer - KAMI

69. Thermal Expansion

70. Tinkers' Construct

71. Tinkers' Mechworks

72. Translocators

73. Twilight Forest

74. Utility Mobs

75. W.A.I.L.A

76. Weather

77. Witchery

78. WRCBE

79. Xenos' Reliquary

80. Agriculture

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds good!

I've thought of uses for WRCBE, as I'd personally use it in a game I think I'd like to keep it.

Interesting point. Were you thinking of long range TNT traps, or something similar?

List as it stands.

Archimedes' ships is kind of glitchy and world-destroying. Reconsider?

Are Pam's Clay Spawn and Flat Signs really necessary?

Mariculture? Again, I don't know enough about this one to condemn it, but doesn't it jut add atmosphere to the water areas, as well as gear to help you build a base in the ocean? Would that be used?

You haven't removed MFFS from the mod list! Shame!

EDIT:
The total mods installed is currently at 150. Is that too big?

You only have 80 mods listed here! Where did the other 70 come from?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds good!

Interesting point. Were you thinking of long range TNT traps, or something similar?

Archimedes' ships is kind of glitchy and world-destroying. Reconsider?

Are Pam's Clay Spawn and Flat Signs really necessary?

Mariculture? Again, I don't know enough about this one to condemn it, but doesn't it jut add atmosphere to the water areas, as well as gear to help you build a base in the ocean? Would that be used?

You haven't removed MFFS from the mod list! Shame!

EDIT:

You only have 80 mods listed here! Where did the other 70 come from?

1. Exactly, and sand traps.
  2. Sure, it's gone.
  3. Nope, gone.
  4. It's enchantments are worthwhile and lots of food.
  5. My shame? Your shame.
  6. The other 70 are dependencies and secret mods (like how Buildcraft is actually 5 mods)

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Exactly, and sand traps.
  2. Sure, it's gone.
  3. Nope, gone.
  4. It's enchantments are worthwhile and lots of food.
  5. My shame? Your shame.
  6. The other 70 are dependencies and secret mods (like how Buildcraft is actually 5 mods)

Okay, I think I'm satisfied with the mod list. Time to suggest my own ideas!

Flan's Mod, because planes!

Computercraft, because mining turtles!

Meteorcraft, because meteors! Wait, diamonds raining from the sky. Not ideal in a UHC.

Minetweaker, to limit the extent of certain mods (AE) !

Starting Inventory, because you mentioned that you wanted the cheated Thaumonomicon and iron tools!

Enviromine, maybe, because this wasn't difficult enough already!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, this mod list is hard to add to. I had trouble finding mods to suggest.

By the way, do you remember this? I want this to happen.

Hats for each team I was thinking. We could make them ourselves.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I 100% agree with you on the aestics mods, but @Eadorimthryth wants to use them for spawn. They're all compatible in the ATG gamemode, but we could just use BoP.

I'll remove ExtraCells.

I'm reluctant to remove all of Calclavia's mods just because I like them all so much, sorry...

I already removed HEE, I just forgot to say.

I'll remove Damage Indicators. Might be cheaty in this environment.

Magical Crops won't really be all that useful and as a result I already decided to remove these.

Again, already removed the Railcraft mods. I should try to keep you all better informed. As a result the only power systems now are RF and UE.

I agree with you on Enhanced Portals, it's gone now.
[DOUBLEPOST=1395003700][/DOUBLEPOST]List as it stands.
Just a note, opis allows you to see loaded chunks.
So yeah, you can find players easily.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Just a note, opis allows you to see loaded chunks.
So yeah, you can find players easily.

Damn good point. Bye-bye all minimap mods. Journey Map will be useful though if I set it to fairplay as we can watch the map unfold online.

Okay, I think I'm satisfied with the mod list. Time to suggest my own ideas!

Flan's Mod, because planes!

Computercraft, because mining turtles!

Meteorcraft, because meteors! Wait, diamonds raining from the sky. Not ideal in a UHC.

Minetweaker, to limit the extent of certain mods (AE) !

Starting Inventory, because you mentioned that you wanted the cheated Thaumonomicon and iron tools!

Enviromine, maybe, because this wasn't difficult enough already!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow, this mod list is hard to add to. I had trouble finding mods to suggest.

By the way, do you remember this? I want this to happen.

1. I have had bad experiences with Flan's Mods, but I'm tempted. I'll think it over. See what others think.
2. We have Open Computers which I think is more appropriate for MUHC. Of course the two mods mesh well, but I think it's best to just have one.
3. Agreed.
4. Alright.
5. Forgot to add that.
6. I'm not too clear on what it does, but I think it's best to make the biggest threat other players, not your own health. Also the GUI is already a bit too cluttered.
7. Yes, that thing with Hats will happen.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
So... what's the end goal for this modpack?

Are you designing it with the Mindcrack guys specifically in mind, or are you making something that's more geared toward the general public?

Is it meant to be an event that lasts five hours, or ten?

Is it meant to be an event at all, or a dedicated server type thing?

Will it actually be on the launcher?

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
So... what's end goal for this modpack?

Are you designing it with the Mindcrack guys specifically in mind, or are you making something that's more geared toward the general public?

Is it meant to be an event that lasts five hours, or ten?

Is it meant to be an event at all, or a dedicated server type thing?

Will it actually be on the launcher?

I'm thinking one big event, then we turn it into a minigame server. I would like games to last between 5 and 10 hours. If we can get big people like the Mindcrack guys to play it, that'd be good.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
I'm thinking one big event, then we turn it into a minigame server. I would like games to last between 5 and 10 hours. If we can get big people like the Mindcrack guys to play it, that'd be good.

Are you thinking of a map to go along with the mod pack, with bedrock walls already placed at 2000x2000?

Also, 5 to 10 hours? Damn. Who wants to play UHC for 10 hours straight? Can we add some mods to force combat?

Mindcrack does still do regular UHC's, so you have that going for you. Unfortunately, judging by the small amount that play on Crack The Beast as opposed to the vanilla Mindcrack server, not all of them have the time, interest, or familiarity with the mods to play FTB in any form.