My Megafactory Pictures

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Love the build :D just out of curiousity what are the light blue multiparts you have around your MAC and along the bridges to the central lift?

It's shiny metal blocks strips. Match the cyan lights pretty well which is why I chose it.

Fred5824

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's likely I'll upload it when I reach the stage of my lets play when I move in. I'll make a backup of it right now if people are interested and upload it then.
Just out of curiousity, have you made a world download? the world looks absolutely amazing :) Great work!

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Seeing awesome stuff like this makes me remember how much I suck at building...

I'm reminded that every time I want to make my place look nicer I just end up making another machine/expensive thing. Just got to feed that beast. I started off trying to make my bed area not a hole and ended up making two digital miners using my AE MAC to autocraft the whole tree for me. Then I spent subsequent hours setting them up and upgrading my power/battery situation.

Reactions: Pyure

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you using energy conduits across the maintenence halls when you could just use a tesseract?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Also did you do this in creative or survival? You never really specified which one you did

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess, but a tesseract is more intuitive than that. I generally try not to care about looks and care about productivity, but whatever , it's his base not mine...

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but dont they require a ton of obsidian for that much? Anyways hes far enough in as to where enderpearls arent expensive...

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yeah but dont they require a ton of obsidian for that much? Anyways hes far enough in as to where enderpearls arent expensive...

Obsidian is arguably much easier to get than pearls. The conduits also function the same as tesseracts; it comes down to personal preference really though.

SuperSplit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I guess, if he had an enderman farm I think that the tesseract would be worth it but your probably right considering if he didnt have one... Also haha yeah this thread kind of diverted lol, time to get back on track :p

Reactions: Padfoote

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's a wierd mix of creative and legit.

The actual shell of the factory, all the items that don't function as a machine was done in creative mode. All the walls, the struts, the roof and most of the information panels. I've not advanced myself technologically in anyway that I wasn't already advanced. All the cables I placed was made from resources I got in a legit way (actually, the wrath lamps, but meh). I wanted a nice looking place, but would have taken a lot longer to build it legit, considering the style I was trying to build. The way I looked at it, I'm still playing the game, progressing as anyone else would, I've just cheated in a nicer house to live in whilst I enjoy teching up.

As per why using redstone conduit everywhere, I would have used universal cable, but I'd read somewhere that it generates tick lag, so I went with that. The reason I didn't use many tessearacts (I've used some where cables didn't look right) is for the style as TheOneSlowking guessed.

In the playthrought, I have 2x digital miners running from a fusion reacotr and a large mob farm that gets me ender pearls so resources isn't that much of a problem, just the style of base I'm looking to go for. I'm looking foward to seeing how the factory works out as I've been working on getting some functionality in my control room, which I hope to control and monitor all major functions of the factory from. I've never seen anything as centraized as I'm trying to make.

Also, thanks again to everyone for the kind words :)

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiousity, have you made a world download? the world looks absolutely amazing :) Great work!

Also, the upload will come when I reach the factory stage in my lets play. To keep regular content in my youtube channel, I play a ton of a game at once when I can and then upload weekly episodes due to a busy real life/familty etc. It will likely be around 6 weeks before I put it up for download, but I will udpate this topic with the DL link for those interested.

Fred5824

Jul 29, 2019
Also, the upload will come when I reach the factory stage in my lets play. To keep regular content in my youtube channel, I play a ton of a game at once when I can and then upload weekly episodes due to a busy real life/familty etc. It will likely be around 6 weeks before I put it up for download, but I will udpate this topic with the DL link for those interested.
Okay, thank you very much for the answer, I will look forward to the download :) Again, great work!