My Megafactory Pictures

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

New to these forums and but not so much FTB. I've played modded minecraft for a while and have a small youtube channel that I upload content too. Been working pretty hard at Resonant Rise (which has many of the same mods as FTB) and thought I'd show of my current project, obviously kind internet words may make me feel less bad about the time spent on making this :)

I've started a RR lets play series that will end up taking place in this factory if you are interested to see the build progress as I fill it with all the machines and components to make the factory fully automatic for everything.

Anyway, here we are..

Exterior shot of whole factory:
aVv0Byt.png

MFR Farm Area:
o85mCBa.png

Central Lift:
LLbQWug.png

Maintenance Tunnels:
pNopCDk.png

Empty Control Room:
en9FLeh.png

MAC:
yY9Wb2I.png

Liquid Storage:
44QLBvx.png

Autocrafting start:
UyJdwvv.png

Also, shameless self promotional link to youtube channel incase you want to check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/user/bmstalker

Thanks for reading

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Liquid Storage:
44QLBvx.png
Isnt that my air-vent system photo from E.R.A.M?
ib0eOeRsNvckj2.jpg

(to prove i didnt made this few hours ago here is same room from 9.12.2013 http://i.minus.com/ibihZs25mb1yQy.jpg )
Ohh man its so sad you cant join me. But for future dont keep any secret projects from us! That factory looks stunning.

[EDIT= to correct any future misunderstanding here i am not accusing bmstalker in any way... and i am very glad he was inspired by my work. This is how you design your base ladies and gentlemens!]

Last edited:

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt that my air-vent system photo from E.R.A.M?
ib0eOeRsNvckj2.jpg

(to prove i didnt made this few hours ago here is same room from 9.12.2013 http://i.minus.com/ibihZs25mb1yQy.jpg )
Ohh man its so sad you cant join me. But for future dont keep any secret projects from us! That factory looks stunning.

Hi mate,

I hoped you'd like it, the whole idea was inspired by both yourself and mindcrafters (a channel that I picked up from your post whom I love). I don't actually see the similarity in the picture you posted to be totally honest other than a big circular room with stuff in it. There is a lot of detail at the top of the centre section that I didn't get because of the angle of the screenshot and maybe because I know how different it is I don't see it. I can say absolutely that i didn't copy anything from anyone although I definitely got inspiration from your awesome build, the general feel of my maintenance tunnels primarily but I did build every part of this from scratch.

The central section is an elevator up from my control room hub and it needed to pass ME cable back down to the control room. This is one of the rooms I'm least happy with and I hope it's going to have more flair when I actually fill it as it's currently a bare shell of what it will become, like most of my factory. I still have to flesh it out with all the actual machinery, I've just moved in and got AE and Power sorted :)

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Hi mate,

I hoped you'd like it, the whole idea was inspired by both yourself and mindcrafters (a channel that I picked up from your post whom I love). I don't actually see the similarity in the picture you posted to be totally honest other than a big circular room with stuff in it. There is a lot of detail at the top of the centre section that I didn't get because of the angle of the screenshot and maybe because I know how different it is I don't see it. I can say absolutely that i didn't copy anything from anyone although I definitely got inspiration from your awesome build, the general feel of my maintenance tunnels primarily but I did build every part of this from scratch.

The central section is an elevator up from my control room hub and it needed to pass ME cable back down to the control room. This is one of the rooms I'm least happy with and I hope it's going to have more flair when I actually fill it as it's currently a bare shell of what it will become, like most of my factory. I still have to flesh it out with all the actual machinery, I've just moved in and got AE and Power sorted :)
I am not accusing you in any way. Quit the opposite. I cant stop looking at those shots!

As you sad there cant be any specific similarities because of photoshop topaz filters i added and angle i used in that old screen.
But it really amaze me how unknowingly close did you get to my design. Anyway i want more! <3

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I don't get how you do the yellow-striped thing, or the slanted stuff (such as in the piping cooridoors), etc.
Oh man.
Yellow-striped thing is called = *TEXTURE* for block xD
*slanted stuff* is called = slopes from "Carpenter's Blocks" mod

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Yellow-striped thing is called = *TEXTURE* for block xD
Means nothing to me, due to rampant noobiness on my part I'll suspect.

*slanted stuff* is called = slopes from "Carpenter's Blocks" mod
Thanks. I admit, I half thought that was the case, but I'd removed this from my modpacks as it introduced a world-crashing bug via a gate when one tried to open it (likely fixed in the weeks since then)

bmstalker

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Masterzh, I'm honored you feel honored :)

The black and yellow texture, something that I have abused in this factory so far, is from a mod called chisel. I love the mod and have made very heavy use of it in this build, including most of the grate/glass textures, the connected textures.

And I've also no idea how I managed to build before I had carpenters blocks in my life.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Means nothing to me, due to rampant noobiness on my part I'll suspect.

It's made with the Chisel mod. Look in NEI for a Factory Block (some stone and iron to make them). Then put these into the Chisel tool and you can change it into several other kinds of blocks. This "yellow-striped thing" is one of the options. :)
Then you can take the block and turn it into fences, stairs and microblocks with the same texture.

Another option is the Painter from EnderIO. I think the BC Filler has this kind of texture. You can use it in the Painter as a template, not sure though if you can cut that into microblocks.

Reactions: masterzh and Pyure

Albin_Xavier

Jul 29, 2019
I would accept it, even in an empty state.:) Is there an ETA for the download? I just can't find a decent downloadable base.:(

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
VERY impressive build. I like the use of both Chisel and Carpenter's Blocks, as well as the overall design of the place.

Reactions: masterzh

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Love the build :D just out of curiousity what are the light blue multiparts you have around your MAC and along the bridges to the central lift?