Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i find up-to-date info on steam boiler mechanics, steam dynamo input rates, and speed and energy requirement of various mod machines? Most wikis seem to be stuck at 1.4 at best, and in-game tool-tips and knowledge base, especially for work speed of machines and liquid use, are lacking and of dubious date or quality (Boiler pressure tanks, for one, have their steam output tool-tip switched)

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Where can i find up-to-date info on steam boiler mechanics, steam dynamo input rates, and speed and energy requirement of various mod machines? Most wikis seem to be stuck at 1.4 at best, and in-game tool-tips and knowledge base, especially for work speed of machines and liquid use, are lacking and of dubious date or quality (Boiler pressure tanks, for one, have their steam output tool-tip switched)
Steam boilers got changed to use a static amount of fuel and scale the energy output instead. I remember spotting the exact figures somewhere, but I agree it's not super simple to find. All I remember off the top of my head is that a 36HP boiler uses 63 buckets of fuel/hr.

According to one of the unofficial wikis the steam dynamo uses steam at a rate of 40mB/tick. The TeamCOFH wiki looks like it's still under construction.

Speed of IC2 machines are pretty straight forward to figure out from the IC2 wiki - it gives you the EU consumption rate and the EU/operation. You can then use that info to extrapolate overclocker numbers. There's also an ancient chart showing EU requirements based on overclocker numbers floating around that I think is still accurate.

TE machines are also pretty easy to figure out the speed and power requirement for - energy input is easily found both online and in-game while NEI readily provides power/operation for the various recipes.

Forestry and Buildcraft machines are intentionally vague on their power requirements and what numbers you can find aren't terribly useful because of their constant energy demands. In general, the intention is that you either create an energy-on-demand system with gates or a constant energy system like a boiler. However, their liquid requirements are obsessively documented both in game and on wikis.

Also, for what it's worth, almost every wiki I look at is on 1.5 and transitioning to 1.6. The only 1.4 info I could find pertained to RP2 (which hasn't updated since 1.4) and GT (which hasn't featured prominently in FTB since 1.4). I suppose you could also count the deprecated Forestry farms info since that's still available on the Forestry wiki, though it's clearly labeled as deprecated.

EDIT: IC2 overclocker chart

Banananaa

Jul 29, 2019
I know; I tried having 5 of those, 4-5 ultimate universal cables or whatever from Mekanism, 4-5 of the best Ender IO cable, 5 Resonant energy cells attached directly, etc. The internal storage of the generator still filled up almost immediately.
Same here, i cant understand why its not working

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
My search-fu is broken again, it seems. I recall seeing a mod over on the MCF that lets you take resonate ender and make ender pearls out of it, but I can't find it again. It had support for both TE3's fluid transposer and TCon's Smeltery.

iceDave

Jul 29, 2019
another question, after updating from Direwolf20 V16 to V18 i lost all my waypoints and the already uncovered map... how do i get that back?

@Not_Steve, thanks, exactly what i was looking for :D Thanks

Darkling54

Jul 29, 2019
No matter how hard I try I can't seem to disable non TE3 ores in my custom pack. The mods that add the other ores are Emasher Resource and Metallurgy.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
No matter how hard I try I can't seem to disable non TE3 ores in my custom pack. The mods that add the other ores are Emasher Resource and Metallurgy.
Not sure about Emasher, but Metallurgy 3 has very extensive configs much like CoFH Core does, that allows you to turn on/off oregen, as well as affect spawn height, vein size and number, and even vein spawn chances (I like making all the "top" ores only have a 25% chance to spawn a single block per chunk at any height between sea level and bedrock).

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
anyone know a way on how to detect a chest if half full and emit a signal? Ive tried bc autarchic diamond OR gate on a chest with some stacks of cobble and gate set to contains <25% , <50%, <75% none of them triggers.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
anyone know a way on how to detect a chest if half full and emit a signal? Ive tried bc autarchic diamond OR gate on a chest with some stacks of cobble and gate set to contains <25% , <50%, <75% none of them triggers.
A comparator emits a signal whose strength is proportional to how full the chest is, so 7 or 8 should indicate half full. You can either run this signal the right distance to where you want to read it, or use Rednet, ComputerCraft, Steve's Factory Manager, or some other mod that can detect signal strength. I'm not too keen on having comparators on the floor in my base, but that's all I can think of. OpenPeripherals can make chests readable by computers, if you want to get into that. I'd have thought the gate should have worked though.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Best thing you can do with gates is to combine the "Has items" and "Has space" I guess to detect if there is something it in, but still got room for more. But this would of course span from 1% to 99% :p

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
I think what I really wanted is not to empty the chest until it is full, also I'm using a diamond chest and its seems it can't be detected by a comparator.

edit: So I was playing creative for a while and I found a solution I just use 2 gates set with if inv empty and if inv full emit a redstone signal along with a toggle latch(PR).

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Can I pipe liquid (milk to make sano) into the alchemical furnace ? The bucket is burnt if I put a bucket of milk. I already tried with liquiducts and BC pipes and it doesn't connect to the furnace.

Is there a cheaper item to make sano ?

Last edited:

xopa

Jul 29, 2019
The ME storage system from Applied Energistics doesn't seem to connect with my EU cables (Fibre) in the latest version of the Direwolf20 modpack. Is this a bug and what's the easiest way to power the system now?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The ME storage system from Applied Energistics doesn't seem to connect with my EU cables (Fibre) in the latest version of the Direwolf20 modpack. Is this a bug and what's the easiest way to power the system now?
try placing a CESU/MFE/Batbox next to it facing the correct way.

xopa

Jul 29, 2019
Just tried an MFE, no luck. Not sure if it makes a difference but this is a multiplayer server.