Greg, you've done it...AGAIN !!!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
99% agree. Greg would reverse engineer the physics of the universe to automatically change all vanilla icecream into orange sherbet upon instantiation. As usual I'd agree with him because orange sherbet is better.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
Agree, even if greg would just say something as simple as: I personally don't like mod A.

There will be a flame war about how greg insults the mod and how greg is bad >.>

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
if it isnt implemented, how did you know ? I did see that you can paint some machines. Now that I have more insight, and some time to think about it, I am actually a little excited more than frustrated to see what all of this is going to become. Im still a little unsure about having such a ridiculous amount of elements though, especially alot of which require many complicated steps to acquire with much infrastructure. I am enjoying the parts of GregTech that push you into building infrastructure and reward you for making new machines that before would have only been a convenience or speed benefit to build. Saving resources is a must with GT, especially in my world with Custom Ore Gen and a ton of "hardcore" changes. I hope in the next weeks and months, mods start coming out with stable 1.7 releases, including GT...

Well I occasionally head over to the IC2 forum and read Greg's GregTech Thread. He releases new versions frequently and talks about what he's trying to do with stuff. One can always just ask too, I just prefer to lurk.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure Greg aims to make all metals in the game have a Gregtech version (complete with full oredict support). I don't see anything wrong with this, especially considering that everything will have an epic chemical notation (even thaumium, which i'm pretty sure is Th2Sn3 or something like that).
46534157.jpg

Last edited:

Linda Hartlen

Jul 29, 2019
I must say, Gregtech is probably the mod I love the most. And the new changes are just.. *fangirl squee* So happy :) sure it isn't for everyone, and frankly if something was for everyone wouldn't that be rather boring since it would have to be so very basic it isnt funny since we all have different tastes. You dont like gregtech? fine, take it out. It really is that simple :) Let those of us that love to work, bleed, curse and yell for any progress have gregtech :) then again, i play eve online as well, so perhaps I just play games to suffer ^^

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumium soldering iron for when you want one particular side of your macerator to constantly emit wisps when in use

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm pretty sure Greg aims to make all metals in the game have a Gregtech version (complete with full oredict support). I don't see anything wrong with this, especially considering that everything will have an epic chemical notation (even thaumium, which i'm pretty sure is Th2Sn3 or something like that).
Uhm...isn't "Th" Thorium? (Checks Wikipedia) ...Yep, Th is Thorium. So, you're saying that thaumium is mildly radioactive, and contains a fair amount of tin. I thought the catalyst for thaumium was iron.

Reactions: abculatter_2

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Any metal can be thaumium through the magic of ignorance
Uhm...isn't "Th" Thorium? (Checks Wikipedia) ...Yep, Th is Thorium. So, you're saying that thaumium is mildly radioactive, and contains a fair amount of tin. I thought the catalyst for thaumium was iron.

I haven't played Gregtech in a while, but I distinctly remember GT's thaumium to have the chemical symbol of Th. (Which is strange, considering that GT also adds Thorium as an atomic fuel). Anyone willing to go through the whole ordeal of installing Gregtech and IC2 and checking it?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I haven't played Gregtech in a while, but I distinctly remember GT's thaumium to have the chemical symbol of Th. (Which is strange, considering that GT also adds Thorium as an atomic fuel). Anyone willing to go through the whole ordeal of installing Gregtech and IC2 and checking it?
I already have those, but I'd have to install TC4 too which I dun wanna do :p

willis936

Jul 29, 2019
I have gtech on my server. I can't check atm but I believe Thaumium ingots have "Ma?" as their primary element. Also thaumcraft has metal transfusion/alchemy so mixing iron and precantio can yield pretty much any metal.