The slightly overdue updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Ah I see, were actually running this from our live server, at this point if the server remains stable we wont be performing any more resets, my members would lynch me :p

DriftingSoul

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do villages seem to be extremely rare now? In 1.0.9 I had quite a few even though they mostly spawned right of the coast in the water. With my new 1.0.10 world I mapped out an area of approx 4000x2000 blocks and found only 1 as opposed to the 6-7 I found in the previous 1.0.9 world with about the same size area explored. The Roguelike Dungeons were also reduced by about the same numbers. I am running both BoP and Highlands with ATG world generation for both versions. I guess it could be worse though because I havent had a single crash (knock on wood) with all my exploring and that seems to be big issue with many others here :(

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do villages seem to be extremely rare now? In 1.0.9 I had quite a few even though they mostly spawned right of the coast in the water. With my new 1.0.10 world I mapped out an area of approx 4000x2000 blocks and found only 1 as opposed to the 6-7 I found in the previous 1.0.9 world with about the same size area explored. The Roguelike Dungeons were also reduced by about the same numbers. I am running both BoP and Highlands with ATG world generation for both versions. I guess it could be worse though because I havent had a single crash (knock on wood) with all my exploring and that seems to be big issue with many others here :(

This seed, 4326282738177945433, has a village right next to the spawn. Watch out though, you go north any and you'll spawn a rainbow forest biome and crash.

I just wish I knew why a RogueLike isn't spawning next to villages or where villages would spawn like the mod says it will.

IMarv

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
A question regarding magical crops and 1.0.9 -> 1.0.10:

We have some magical crops plants an items in our 1.0.9 server, but we dont mind losing them at all (as long as it doenst break the current world, and we can still use the mod post-update)

is it safe to update is this case? Will we just lose the mod items/plants or is there any risk of world corruption?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
A question regarding magical crops and 1.0.9 -> 1.0.10:

We have some magical crops plants an items in our 1.0.9 server, but we dont mind losing them at all (as long as it doenst break the current world, and we can still use the mod post-update)

is it safe to update is this case? Will we just lose the mod items/plants or is there any risk of world corruption?

No corruption I'm aware of. Most things "should" survive the transition. I did what I could to prevent minimal loss.

DriftingSoul

Jul 29, 2019
This seed, 4326282738177945433, has a village right next to the spawn. Watch out though, you go north any and you'll spawn a rainbow forest biome and crash.

I just wish I knew why a RogueLike isn't spawning next to villages or where villages would spawn like the mod says it will.

IMarv

I tried this seed out of pure curiosity. I spawned on a small jungle isle and couldnt find a village anywhere. However, there was a HUGE rainbow forest just to the north. I went around the entire forest and mapped the whole thing and didnt crash at all. IMarv, are you playing SSP or SMP? What major world gen mods are you using. As stated above, I have both BoP and Highlands active and I use "level-type=ATG" in my server.properties. Does this match what you are using as well? Perhaps we can figure out why these rainbow forests are causing problems.

IMarvinTPA

Jul 29, 2019
I tried this seed out of pure curiosity. I spawned on a small jungle isle and couldnt find a village anywhere. However, there was a HUGE rainbow forest just to the north. I went around the entire forest and mapped the whole thing and didnt crash at all. IMarv, are you playing SSP or SMP? What major world gen mods are you using. As stated above, I have both BoP and Highlands active and I use "level-type=ATG" in my server.properties. Does this match what you are using as well? Perhaps we can figure out why these rainbow forests are causing problems.

I was using straight up 1.0.10 with whatever the defaults were. It was SSP. I usually got the jungle island after I disabled the rainbow biome. I can't fire it up at the moment because I'm in the middle of converting my 1.0.9 world that used EBXL to use BoP (custom MidasGold with biome conversion.)

It was also found that Highland's Snowy Mountains could cause a crash.

IMarv

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or do villages seem to be extremely rare now?
I've noticed this too, but I've not created new worlds enough to be sure. In BoP/Highlands/ATG I wasn't finding ANY villages, but as I was only in each world for 10mins or so, I thought it was because of village spawn percentage wrt the new biomes. So I went into creative and default worldgen. I found just one within 5 minutes of flying around. SEEMS to be less frequent than before, but I haven't played non-vanilla for months now up to this 1.0.10 release.

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
errr endernet is on by default on the server client, and completely removed from the normal client for horizons.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed this too, but I've not created new worlds enough to be sure. In BoP/Highlands/ATG I wasn't finding ANY villages, but as I was only in each world for 10mins or so, I thought it was because of village spawn percentage wrt the new biomes. So I went into creative and default worldgen. I found just one within 5 minutes of flying around. SEEMS to be less frequent than before, but I haven't played non-vanilla for months now up to this 1.0.10 release.

This is because of the super hilly landscape of atg and one of the reasons I created 1000+ worlds playing with atg configs to get steeper mountains with more flatland in between (and hence more villages in 1.0.9)
Then TTFT fixed a bug,
Which wrecked my world gen,
Now I have to figure it all out again,
Sigh :p

DriftingSoul

Jul 29, 2019
This is because of the super hilly landscape of atg and one of the reasons I created 1000+ worlds playing with atg configs to get steeper mountains with more flatland in between (and hence more villages in 1.0.9)
Then TTFT fixed a bug,

Ive now created approx 10 worlds tonight and just ran around exploring. Im gonna have to retract my previous statements on their rarity I think. I found that village/dungeon spawning just pretty much depends on the random seed you are playing on and the biomes. Some I had few, others I had many. Overall, I would say it was pretty much on par with where it should be.

Edit: As an example for the 'high' end, I completely mapped an area approx 4000x3000 blocks in my most recent world and found a total of 13 villages and 10 dungeons. Thats quite a few I would say.

Last edited:

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Then TTFT fixed a bug,
Yeah, I figured it was something along those lines.
ATG is WAYYYY too mountainous atm, imo. Pretty to look at, but 67deg inclined mountains as a Plains biome (just one example I came across) is a little weird :p

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running highlands and magical crops in my monster world. Will this affect me much?
Is this update going to be stable or recommend sometime in the future, because 1.0.8 was world breaking and now it's been removed.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I figured it was something along those lines.
ATG is WAYYYY too mountainous atm, imo. Pretty to look at, but 67deg inclined mountains as a Plains biome (just one example I came across) is a little weird :p

I am surprised by this actually. I just created a world using ATG gen and it is great for building. The mountains rise steeper with much more semi flat land in between them in the worlds I explored. They are also mostly in the 70-80 y level instead of 100+ like in previous versions. I spawned on a beach with a desert oil biome north and one of the largest open areas of plains, meadows, and prairies I have ever seen a little south. I doesn't vary in y level more than 10-15 blocks over a huge area. Mountains rise up on most of the sides, but are generally out of draw distance.

timmsy1986

Jul 29, 2019
nice was hoping to see monster move to stable too, really want to continue on the FTB side and don't want to move to another pack group like technic but monster has so many chunk loading errors and black parts to the map still when i use it that i can't really use it on a public 40+ server until it gets to a stable point. I am hoping that is sooner rather then later :) good work FTB team on the constant work.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
nice was hoping to see monster move to stable too, really want to continue on the FTB side and don't want to move to another pack group like technic but monster has so many chunk loading errors and black parts to the map still when i use it that i can't really use it on a public 40+ server until it gets to a stable point. I am hoping that is sooner rather then later :) good work FTB team on the constant work.

Hrm? The way you word this confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.