Save File Disappeared after Crash

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not really sure what happened, I was just playing the Direwolf20 Pack and then *boom* crash.

Rebooted the pack, save file missing when I click Single Player. Checked inside the minecraft/saves and the save file is still there, FTB just isn't accessing or recognizing it?

Maybe this crash report can shed some light on this...

http://pastebin.com/VCwfEU81

Appreciate any help :)

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Usually when a world disappears like that, it's the level.dat file in the world's save folder getting corrupted/damaged in some way. I'm not sure if there's a way to rebuild/recover it, but that's where you'll be looking.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
I'm not really sure what happened, I was just playing the Direwolf20 Pack and then *boom* crash.

Rebooted the pack, save file missing when I click Single Player. Checked inside the minecraft/saves and the save file is still there, FTB just isn't accessing or recognizing it?

Maybe this crash report can shed some light on this...

http://pastebin.com/VCwfEU81

Appreciate any help :)

What were you doing at the time of the crash?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Someone found a solution:
Never mind, I "fixed" it. It seems that my level.dat got corrupted (even in the old save WTF? ) but for anyone wondering how to fix it:
Keep in mind it is going to wipe your player date (i.e inventory,position and etc.)
1.Make a new world
2.Enter the world and leave
3.Go to your saves folder of that particular pack
4.Copy your level.dat FROM the new world TO the old world and replace it.
5.Delete the new world.

6.Enter the old one and go to Cheat Mode on NEI and give your items back.

:D
You'll have to cheat yourself in your inventory again, but that's not too bad.

TheRaptrX

Jul 29, 2019
Had the same problem earlier today, the level.dat fix worked for me, luckily I had a three day old backup so I only had a minor inventory rollback. Thanks for information.

spidermanson

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem. Seems to be after working with power suits, the level.dat fix worked for me also!

Erin

Jul 29, 2019
I was killing zombies and collecting Ars Magica liquid when my screen pixelated black spots and crashed. Just tried to play again and my map is all gone. Tried the above fix and it didn't work.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
I backup my save every time before I play. While it's running through loading up all the mods in the console I copy my save files.

I copied in my latest working backup which had been playing on 1.1.12 and I updated the pack to 1.1.14. Things have been working fine. That isn't really a fix for the issue though, just follow the advice of every Minecraft player and backup very regularly.

RestrictedDruid

Jul 29, 2019
What is the best way to back up saves (I'm using a Mac)

First, create a folder that you're going to save your backups in. I sort mine in a folder called "Modded Minecraft" then "1.6.4 Packs" and then one called "Direwolf20".

If I were going to make a backup for today I would do the following:

1) Keep your Finder window open with your save location you'd like to put your world save.
2) Open your ftb folder and navigate to the pack you're using (e.g. "Direwolf20_1_6_4")
3) Double-click the "minecraft" folder
4) Double-click the "saves" folder
5) Hit Shift+A to Select All the folders
6) Hit ⌘X (Cut) or ⌘C (Copy)
7) Then go back to your save location from step 1 and hit ⌘V (Paste)

There you go, you've done a backup simple as that. You'll get really fast at it, I do it in the space of the bootup of the modpack.