Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kleshas

Jul 29, 2019
Am I misremembering that I thought there was going to be a new recommended Monster release today? I can't find anything about it, but I thought I saw something mentioned last week.

Reactions: PhishTV

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Am I misremembering that I thought there was going to be a new recommended Monster release today? I can't find anything about it, but I thought I saw something mentioned last week.
I seem to recall Slow mentioning that he might skip this weeks update on Monster to really get deep down into something. But have no clue where it was.

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
How does enchantments for wand foci work?
Treasure seems to be like looting, and so me getting it on my excavation focus was completely wasteful - it does not seem to be working like fortune.
Unbreaking just seems completely useless, yet you can get it?
Frugal seems to lower the vis costs, but what does this affect? Only the wand focus spell or anything cast while using the wand? For example, my frugal 3 cap shows vis costs as 66% (that is, combined with my clothes) - would that lower the cost of jaring nodes to 46.2, allowing two jarings per fully charged wand? That seems very useful. If not, it seems very crappy.
Potency affects damage, as far as I've understood, as well as working as Efficiency on the excavator. Anything else? Range, area or anything?

Thanks a lot for any aid! :D

Jul 29, 2019
Updating from Ultimate to Monster, I noticed that theres a UI mod in Monster that displays the name of whatever block you're looking at in the top center of the screen.

Which mod does this, and how do I turn it off?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Updating from Ultimate to Monster, I noticed that theres a UI mod in Monster that displays the name of whatever block you're looking at in the top center of the screen.

That's WAILA. I believe the key to turn it off is bound to numpad 1.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

Two mods do this: NEI and WAILA. For NEI, go into its settings, and turn of highlight tooltips. For WAILA, press Numpad-0 to open its settings and do the same.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Need a bit of help.

I'm trying to setup the MJ items in my machine room, so that they all come off 1 power supply, rather then individual electrical engines. So I built a Redstone Energy Cell.

My problem, is that I have no idea how to control the MJ power. works for a while, then a pipe blows up. Is there anyway to set the machines so that they only draw power when in use?

(deleted pictures from quote to make it easier for people scrolling through the pages)

1.the kinetic pipes do eventually blow up if there power isn't going anywhere so its not heading into the energy cell. (or you can use "conduits")
2. or the engines your using are overheating and blowing up. (i suggest using dynamos as they don't blow up)

right clicking the energy cell and clicking on the configuration icon will allow you to chance what the cell faces do. blue is input energy, orange is output and (i believe red) is disconnect. you want the pipes thats going into the energy cell to connect to a blue side and your machines connected to an orange side. but I still highly recommend heading to conduits asap.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
What was the whole TiC vs Gregtech bronze issue? I thought gregtech nerfed bronze output to 2 ingots per 3 copper/1tin, to stop an exploit, and TiC turned it back up to 3 ingots per 3 copper and 1 tin?

Now it seems that if i craft 3 copper dusts and 1 tin, I can get 3 bronze dusts from gregtech. An Alloy Smelter will output *4* bronze. The smeltery also puts out 3 ingots, but has a config that lets you set bronze down to 2. Am I missing something? After the big fiasco, now gregtech puts out more bronze than TiC does?

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
What was the whole TiC vs Gregtech bronze issue? I thought gregtech nerfed bronze output to 2 ingots per 3 copper/1tin, to stop an exploit, and TiC turned it back up to 3 ingots per 3 copper and 1 tin?

Now it seems that if i craft 3 copper dusts and 1 tin, I can get 3 bronze dusts from gregtech. An Alloy Smelter will output *4* bronze. The smeltery also puts out 3 ingots, but has a config that lets you set bronze down to 2. Am I missing something? After the big fiasco, now gregtech puts out more bronze than TiC does?

this is probably the wrong forum to ask that question as no one can provide official support for anyone that has TiC and Gregtech in the same pack (childish my personal opinion) also are you sure its the gregtech alloy smelter? there are a few machines that has a very similar function. asides from that i cant help you sorry.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
For the most part, tree chopping turtles are unaffected by trees growing around them. However, many trees from mods may occasionally delete turtles if they happen to grow over them at the wrong moment (biomes'o'plenty, I'm looking at you).

One of my choppers cuts up vanilla oaks, which best I can make out don't have this problem (it ran for weeks without intervention). However, recently butterflies have been at work in the area, and so the perimeter of my oak plantation (a large mass of foliage the turtle never clears) has been converted to "Forestry" leaves (visually they look the same as vanilla oak leaves - as opposed to mutant leaves - but they're not). As of this time, the turtle has to be replaced every day or so.

The turtle never plants anything except vanilla oak saplings, so in theory, the only trees that grow near it should be vanilla oaks. Even if it DOES happen to pick up other saplings, it just throws them into my sorting system, which voids them.

However, the whole area it chops up is steadily turning grey on the minimap (apparently that's the colour it thinks Forestry's oak leaves should be rendered as), suggesting that the saplings it plants are somehow immediately growing up to be non-vanilla trees.

I'm not terribly familiar with the tree breeding or butterfly systems.

Anyone know what might be going on?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

GregTech still piggybacks on IC2, and IC2 increased bronze output from 2 to 4 in Minecraft 1.6.x. GregTech is simply adjusting its internal recipes to follow suit.

Reactions: zorn

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
this is probably the wrong forum to ask that question as no one can provide official support for anyone that has TiC and Gregtech in the same pack (childish my personal opinion) also are you sure its the gregtech alloy smelter? there are a few machines that has a very similar function. asides from that i cant help you sorry.
This is the "ask any question" thread, not an official support thread. I guess he's just after opinions (which is a dangerous thing when GregTech is involved, so please people don't get this thread locked after all this time! ;))

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Any tips on finding Sunstone? I've dug a diagonal all the way down to bedrock in a volcano biome, clearing out all the lava pools on the way, and not found a single one.

Guy on my server said he only found them in the nether, not in lava in the overworld. Once he went to the nether he got what he needed.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I found alot in the nether lava.
Do you find them around the edge? Or do you have to gravel a large area and excavate it? I'm not sure what pumping options I have in Magic Farm 2 (I added AM2 myself) as there is no BuildCraft, and the Ender-Thermic Pump would require me to excavate anyway. Also, do you know if AM2 retro-gen works in the nether?

dragonmaster0283

Jul 29, 2019
Appearently Barrels no longer work with storage busses. Do DSUs work? In DW20 1.0.9

I've noticed this as well. Someone on the server I play said that the storage bus wasn't reading from the Factorization Bigger Barrel (and i assume the normal barrel too). Recommended to use JABBA barrels as I know they work and upgrade further too.