64-bit Java problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Try this link (manual download of 64 bit JRE 7 update 45): http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Select "windows Offline" and install it as follows:

1. Uninstall all other Java versions using the Windows add/remove programs menu.

2. Reboot and open a command prompt. Type 'java -version'. This command SHOULD fail because all Java versions should be uninstalled. If this returns some info on Java, then something didn't uninstall correctly. Come back here and tell us if the command worked (post a screenshot of the output if it doesn't fail).

3. If it DOES fail, good. Windows doesn't see any installed Java versions. Now install the package I linked above.

4. Restart. Open another command prompt and type 'java -version'. Post a screenshot of the output here. Make sure you let us know if the screenshot was after uninstalling everything or after installing the linked package.

5. If the install went correctly, open your Java control panel and verify that V7 u45 64 bit is installed. If it is, run FTB launcher and see if it recognizes 64 bit java.

I can't help but think that all of the third party programs you have been downloading and using to install/uninstall/defrag have contributed to these problems by not behaving as the Windows utilities would. Try to use the built-in Windows utilities as much as you can. Use third party programs only as needed after a Windows utility fails or is insufficient for your task.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
Try this link (manual download of 64 bit JRE 7 update 45): http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Select "windows Offline" and install it as follows:

1. Uninstall all other Java versions using the Windows add/remove programs menu.

2. Reboot and open a command prompt. Type 'java -version'. This command SHOULD fail because all Java versions should be uninstalled. If this returns some info on Java, then something didn't uninstall correctly. Come back here and tell us if the command worked (post a screenshot of the output if it doesn't fail).

3. If it DOES fail, good. Windows doesn't see any installed Java versions. Now install the package I linked above.

4. Restart. Open another command prompt and type 'java -version'. Post a screenshot of the output here. Make sure you let us know if the screenshot was after uninstalling everything or after installing the linked package.

5. If the install went correctly, open your Java control panel and verify that V7 u45 64 bit is installed. If it is, run FTB launcher and see if it recognizes 64 bit java.

I can't help but think that all of the third party programs you have been downloading and using to install/uninstall/defrag have contributed to these problems by not behaving as the Windows utilities would. Try to use the built-in Windows utilities as much as you can. Use third party programs only as needed after a Windows utility fails or is insufficient for your task.

I write to cmd now without uninstalling vs. here picture i think that mixed problem
ehvm.png

EDIT:After Uninstall
mvy6.png

EDIT2:After Install - again that hotspot thing appeared
iyg3.png

Last edited:

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Have you tried the FTB launcher after installing v7u45?

It looks like you had v8, then uninstalled, and the uninstall appeared to work correctly, and now after reinstalling, you have v7u45.

I am unsure what the Java HotSpot is.

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like HotSpot is the server version of the JVM. You're only concerned with the Java SE Runtime Environment at this point.

Since I am sure that you have 64 bit JRE 7u45 installed, if the FTB launcher doesn't work now, I would try the manual registration script posted above by Viper-7. You should check whether the jre7 folder he mentions exists, if it is in the right place, and if it contains files and is not just an empty folder leftover from a previous install.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
It looks like HotSpot is the server version of the JVM. You're only concerned with the Java SE Runtime Environment at this point.

Since I am sure that you have 64 bit JRE 7u45 installed, if the FTB launcher doesn't work now, I would try the manual registration script posted above by Viper-7. You should check whether the jre7 folder he mentions exists, if it is in the right place, and if it contains files and is not just an empty folder leftover from a previous install.

java in here
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
i tried again that register key not worked

NEXUS2345

Jul 29, 2019
This is very strange, FTB is finding the 64-bit Java but regarding it as 32-bit. Have you tried uninstalling Java and then checked the program files (x86) folder for any Java files/folders? If there are some there then this could be confusing the launcher.

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
This is very strange, FTB is finding the 64-bit Java but regarding it as 32-bit. Have you tried uninstalling Java and then checked the program files (x86) folder for any Java files/folders? If there are some there then this could be confusing the launcher.
i look after uninstall at program files and program filesx86 and windows/system32 and i could find nothing

MajPayne21

Jul 29, 2019
Either some rogue registry entries are confusing the FTB launcher or you have another Java install hidden somewhere that isn't aliased to the 'java' command in Windows.

At this point I have no solutions for you except to uninstall 64 bit java and try a registry cleaner to remove all traces of Java registry entries.

I cannot be held responsible for any harm that comes to your computer from manually manipulating the registry, so anything further you do at your own risk. I'm sorry, but your problem defies my understanding, because it appears that the 64 bit package is installing or being recognized as the 32 bit package. Have you tried adding -d64 -xms 2048m -xmx2048m to the custom flags in the FTB launcher? That should attempt to force 64 bit and 2GBP of memory. I

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
Either some rogue registry entries are confusing the FTB launcher or you have another Java install hidden somewhere that isn't aliased to the 'java' command in Windows.

At this point I have no solutions for you except to uninstall 64 bit java and try a registry cleaner to remove all traces of Java registry entries.

I cannot be held responsible for any harm that comes to your computer from manually manipulating the registry, so anything further you do at your own risk. I'm sorry, but your problem defies my understanding, because it appears that the 64 bit package is installing or being recognized as the 32 bit package. Have you tried adding -d64 -xms 2048m -xmx2048m to the custom flags in the FTB launcher? That should attempt to force 64 bit and 2GBP of memory. I

i writed at the additional java parameters and relaunch and still max ram 1.5GB.

My old windows is on the D: but i deleted files (program files and 86 and windows) typing to this folders "windows.old" and i deleted with disc cleaner at the windows.Maybe some registery not be deleted.

Sorry for grammar im not english :(

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
i writed at the additional java parameters and relaunch and still max ram 1.5GB.

My old windows is on the D: but i deleted files (program files and 86 and windows) typing to this folders "windows.old" and i deleted with disc cleaner at the windows.Maybe some registery not be deleted.

Sorry for grammar im not english :(

I would try disconnecting that drive from your system just incase it is interfering with it.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Unfortunately windows and java can be a pain sometimes. Something has changed, in between that time, but unfortunately I don't know what. Could have been something that was installed or a windows update.

When did you reloaded windows? Did you ever try and remove google chrome?

AlimOncul

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately windows and java can be a pain sometimes. Something has changed, in between that time, but unfortunately I don't know what. Could have been something that was installed or a windows update.

When did you reloaded windows? Did you ever try and remove google chrome?
i tried uninstalling chrome but not worked

Status
Not open for further replies.