Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Im starting to use AE for the first time, but Im running out of resources a bit too often.
^
As for resources for autocrafting... I guess the key phrase is "dig a lot". You need a bunch of iron and a bunch of quartz, and enough Glowstone to make you cry.

Nether Quartz (dust) will often substitute for Certus Quartz in a number of recipes, so a decent trip through the nether will yield you some useful resources, in addition to the glowstone.

If you want to try something different, work towards an MFR laser setup, which will eventually see you swimming in glowstone and quartz. When you're done, you can use/downsize the power source to run your soon-to-be-growing AE network :)

Buggy

Jul 29, 2019
The trees you're referring to are most likely Redwoods added by Natura. If you happen to get your hands on some saplings, it takes a 7x7 grid of them to grow one of the redwoods. They take a long time to grow (usually several minecraft days) and don't respond to bonemeal.

Biomes o' Plenty also adds Redwoods, but they're slightly smaller (5x5 I think?) and can be bonemealed.
No, its not either of those. I'm talking about a extremely wide tree, wider than it is tall, with a single, huge trunk that tapers in the center.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to add Gregtech to DW20 1.5 after the world has been played awhile? Or would that create problems due to ore gen? Do you have to only add a pack that adds world gen when starting a world?

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
To manually update a mod, you need to download it from the autor directly (search on the Minecraft Forums) and go to Edit Mod Pack on the launcher, then Open Mods Folder and delete the old version. Then you can add the archive of the newer version of the mod.
Seems like a lot just to update, I would think all you would have to do was like Buffalo said and click force update.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like a lot just to update, I would think all you would have to do was like Buffalo said and click force update.
Force Update does not update every mod within the pack to its most recent version. That would cause all sorts of problems. Force Update is supposed to be a failsafe should you be experiencing problems, not a way to update your mods to untested versions.

Given DW20's recent spotlight on qCraft 1.1, I would expect qCraft to be updated within the recommended version of the pack shortly. For now, however, it's not very difficult to update yourself. Altareos spelled out exactly what to do, so it might have seemed like a lot, but it's practically a drag and drop solution.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
No, its not either of those. I'm talking about a extremely wide tree, wider than it is tall, with a single, huge trunk that tapers in the center.
Any chance you could direct me to the appropriate video for this? I've never heard of a tree quite like that unless it was made by a player.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Ender IO is buggin out on me in FTB Monster. none of the machines respond properly to any redstone signal. sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. There's no pattern to it, it's just weird.
Also I can't get any power out of the capacitor bank. Anyone having these problems?

Edit: I think it only checks for the redstone signal when the object is placed. So if the input redstone signal is high when I place the machine there, It will forever think it's high until I replace the machine again.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2019
I don't think there is a Certus Quartz Focus, though a white focus will target Nether Quartz if you find yourself missing that.
Ok :) No worries, I'll just leave the laser running blank and I'll get a bunch of everything.[DOUBLEPOST=1388659467][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nether Quartz (dust) will often substitute for Certus Quartz in a number of recipes, so a decent trip through the nether will yield you some useful resources, in addition to the glowstone.

If you want to try something different, work towards an MFR laser setup, which will eventually see you swimming in glowstone and quartz. When you're done, you can use/downsize the power source to run your soon-to-be-growing AE network :)
Nether quartz doesn't really subsitute much in terms of crafting... Stuff like fluix dust requires both quartz dusts anyway.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
How do I recharge a battery from factorization? It refuses to get higher than around 10% storage. I don't want to make a new battery everytime I need magnets.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do I recharge a battery from factorization? It refuses to get higher than around 10% storage. I don't want to make a new battery everytime I need magnets.
You make the turbine from factorization and connect it directly to the battery(or rows of several machines/batteries) and feed it steam. Factorization itself supplies a solar boiler that together with mirrors makes steam, but any mods steam will do.

Buggy

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I figured out what tree I was thinking of, its a sacred oak tree, I saw it in e25 s3 of DW20's Forgecraft 2 lp, around 29:20. So two new questions:
What mod are sacred oaks from, and can you grow them?

~BioHazArd~

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, have a problem here, electric engines store power and for that they overheat faster, so wanted to ask is there a way to store that power somewhere else or just redirect it to something else? Just what to do with that stored energy.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Ok, so I figured out what tree I was thinking of, its a sacred oak tree, I saw it in e25 s3 of DW20's Forgecraft 2 lp, around 29:20. So two new questions:
What mod are sacred oaks from, and can you grow them?

I believe that they are from Biomes O Plenty. And you can grow them from saplings but I think those can only be found as dungeon loot.

Marweinicus

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

Just a quickie. In Unleashed I try to set up a Multi-Farm to harvest Sugarcane. I know how they work, but somehow it doesn't harvest them. Does humidity matter like it does with bees? Right now I'm in a normal biome.

Thanks in advance :)

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Ultimate, is there any use for those stupid XYCraft Quartz Crystals? They look ugly, fill up my chests, and thanks to their over-abundance in the world, fancy graphics and particle effects, suck up way more computing resources than I'd ever want to waste on them. At least Xychorium can be turned into ugly decoration blocks, that saves storage space at least, but Quartz Crystals appear to only exist to annoy me. Is there any Ultimate mod making any sort of use for them, or should I feed them all into my garbage system?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
In FTB Ultimate, is there any use for those stupid XYCraft Quartz Crystals? They look ugly, fill up my chests, and thanks to their over-abundance in the world, fancy graphics and particle effects, suck up way more computing resources than I'd ever want to waste on them. At least Xychorium can be turned into ugly decoration blocks, that saves storage space at least, but Quartz Crystals appear to only exist to annoy me. Is there any Ultimate mod making any sort of use for them, or should I feed them all into my garbage system?
They do a small amount of damage to mobs and they give off a tiny amount of light, so theoretically you could use them in a mob grinder or for lighting, but honestly, the best use is probably feeding them into a recycler and using the scrap for something.