Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
i am looking for a good reactor design for the 1.6 experimental industrialcraft 2_2.0.316 version. All i can find is for the older versions. Any good designs i can look at?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Hi,
i am looking for a good reactor design for the 1.6 experimental industrialcraft 2_2.0.316 version. All i can find is for the older versions. Any good designs i can look at?

I believe the new "best" designs are called MOX designs.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

All the old designs still work although uranium now lasts twice as long last time I checked. The new MOX fuel works better the hotter it gets. Here is a IC2 thread about the new fuel stuff

Brink

Jul 29, 2019
What is the MJ equivalent to the eu power splitter. I want to cut power to my rolling machine via a lever but an eu splitter will ofcourse not work on leadstone energy conduits.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the MJ equivalent to the eu power splitter. I want to cut power to my rolling machine via a lever but an eu splitter will ofcourse not work on leadstone energy conduits.
Just use a redstone energy cell and set it to output energy depending on the redstone signal. Then it is also easy to use a BC gate to listen for the rolling machine got work and turn the power on and off as needed.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way in 1.6.4 to place Fluids back into the World? (Like the Old Redpower pump a long time ago)

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question, I hope. I am a long time Minecraft vanilla player and have started playing FTB, specifically direwolf20 1.6.4. My question? There are so many different mod packs, is there one that you guys would recommend to a FTB NOOB, NOT a Minecraft noob, but at FTB. I am making progress and love it, but I have been told by others that this might not be the best mod pack to start out with. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Simple question, I hope. I am a long time Minecraft vanilla player and have started playing FTB, specifically direwolf20 1.6.4. My question? There are so many different mod packs, is there one that you guys would recommend to a FTB NOOB, NOT a Minecraft noob, but at FTB. I am making progress and love it, but I have been told by others that this might not be the best mod pack to start out with. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

I don't believe there is necessarily a Noob oriented modpack but FTB Lite 2 is meant for older computers and has, necessarily, fewer mods. On the other hand if you want to learn the way of modded Minecraft then the Direwolf20 modpack isn't a bad idea, especially when you pair it with watching his Youtube series. He also provides world downloads every 10 episodes so you can mess around with the things he has already created.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, actually you've chose a really good modpack. It's versatile, lighter than Monster and more importantly, Direwolf20 is playing it. That is extremely helpful. Dire's tutorial-ish LP is brilliant and you can learn quite a bit from it. And you may want to watch his SMP series, too. He plays with a few more advanced concepts, but you get to hear the modmakers.
The best way to learn how something works is seeing that thing working.

Jamierb03

Jul 29, 2019
I don't believe there is necessarily a Noob oriented modpack but FTB Lite 2 is meant for older computers and has, necessarily, fewer mods. On the other hand if you want to learn the way of modded Minecraft then the Direwolf20 modpack isn't a bad idea, especially when you pair it with watching his Youtube series. He also provides world downloads every 10 episodes so you can mess around with the things he has already created.
Thanks, yeah, I've been watching his youtube stuff and it has really helped. Thanks

jersiq

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for the hotkey for the map. I am playing on Horizons, 1.0.7 with a Linux client. The server is windows based, but I doubt that makes a difference. I scoured the key commands in "Options" and I don't see anything remotely related to map/waypoints. Of course,it's always in the last place you look. :D

edit: to add - "M" key doesn't do anything.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for the hotkey for the map. I am playing on Horizons, 1.0.7 with a Linux client. The server is windows based, but I doubt that makes a difference. I scoured the key commands in "Options" and I don't see anything remotely related to map/waypoints. Of course,it's always in the last place you look. :D

edit: to add - "M" key doesn't do anything.
Which minimap is enabled?

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Opis (mapwriter) uses 'n' for toggling map views, 'm' for large (scrollable for entire world which is cool) and from that gui you can choose options for overlays, waypoints and such. Also look under Esc-controls for the opis hotkey set, many many options there.

qsmithy

Jul 29, 2019
In a Mystcraft Age, about how much longer is a weather state (sunny/rain) under "Slow Weather" conditions compared to vanilla Minecraft? This is under the condition that the age has no other weather properties.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In a Mystcraft Age, about how much longer is a weather state (sunny/rain) under "Slow Weather" conditions compared to vanilla Minecraft? This is under the condition that the age has no other weather properties.
No clue about the weather in specific, but I believe the modifiers for the sun/moon was half/double length. So maybe its similar?