Question! How to install xray mod into Direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
As the title..... How to install xray mod into Direwolf20 1.6.4 modpack? anyone knows?

I actually found a tutorial for 1.5.1, but i need the one for 1.6.4

HELP PLZ.....

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
You'll likely get trolled/flammed here but you should just be able to find an xray mod 1.6.4 forge compatible and add it to the modpack through the launcher.

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
oh ok~ i thought it would be different since i am using a modpack, i mean its configs. Thx Hoff

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Im genuinely curious, why do you need it? You have Zan minimap IIRC for teleporting waypoints and NEI for recipes and spawning in items+creative mode

Neoxon

Jul 29, 2019
Stop playing a resource collecting game if u gonna x ray please.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019

Well~ i just want something to make it easier. For example, there is a mod to automatically mining for you, or farm for you. Will you use it? OR... there is a sorting machine mod, will u use it? Why dont people just do it by dragging item step by step, and walk between chest to put stuff at the place they want? The reason is simple. Because we just want to make it easier.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
Im genuinely curious, why do you need it? You have Zan minimap IIRC for teleporting waypoints and NEI for recipes and spawning in items+creative mode

Because once i just use the NEI cheat mode to have all the resource i need, im sure ill be tired or got bored real quick. It is way different between using a xray and a cheat mode mode. I at least put some work on it. Although we can see all resource i need by using the xray, it still take times to digging, meanwhile, i can still having the joy of finding ores, it just like i found some treasure. I admit im kinda lack of patience, but this is me, and im ok with it.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
even with all that said, i doubt you'll find many supporters here.

the only difference between xray and nei cheating is the time it takes to physically mine up the ores. unless mining is the part of the job that you enjoy, it would make more sense to just pull ore from nei and make a personal rule "no processed resources" if you can adhere yourself to it. it would give you more time to assemble machines or whatever (since it sounds like that's the part of the game you enjoy).

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012

Bug off.

@OP
Play however you want man don't let other people try and tell you how you should play. No one can tell you how not to play.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

frederic

Jul 29, 2019
message removed i'm not the nicest person in the morning... sorry 'bout that[DOUBLEPOST=1387799712][/DOUBLEPOST]also you might wanna cheat ina BC quarry and engine in stead it feels a bit less cheaty ;) and then just delete those whenever you can

Cyphai

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Let me know if you got it to work, I tried and failed.

yeah~ i got it work. I downloaded the one required Forge (there are two kind of xray mod, one doesnt required forge and the other does), then i just simply add it into the modpack(either drag you mod into its mod folder or manually add it in the launcher). After you load the game, if it said it loaded 129+ mod, then means that it works.

Honestly i dont really like the one required Forge, because it is uglier and not so easy to look at. You will see the different after you searched both.

Last edited:

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
There is a way without mods
2 blocks of redstone. And 2 fences.
Dig down 2.
Dig 2 more the direction.
Place fences on top field of each other.
Walk into them and place the redstone blocks where you are standing.
You won't suffocate and you can see caves to dig towards.
This bug is fixed in MC1.7

Also look at "Finder Compass"
And "Ellian's Resource Detector"
Both are client side only.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
There is a way without mods
2 blocks of redstone. And 2 fences.
Dig down 2.
Dig 2 more the direction.
Place fences on top field of each other.
Walk into them and place the redstone blocks where you are standing.
You won't suffocate and you can see caves to dig towards.
This bug is fixed in MC1.7

Also look at "Finder Compass"
And "Ellian's Resource Detector"
Both are client side only.

Actually, SethBling demonstrated the 2 Redstone blocks and 2 fencepost method in his Minecrack video just a couple of days ago, on Vanilla 1.7. Unfortunately it has also been taken down.