Horizons pack won't start

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
i did now i have the same crash report like the first what i linked : http://pastebin.com/GZBpmiSg . I still have problem with texture of the Tinker Construct items.

It might be related to only having 32bit java. Do you have a 32bit os or 64bit? If you have a 32bit os then remove opis map writer and try again.

Then if you still get the error try removing other mods like biomes 'o' plenty, ars magicka 2 and thaumcraft.

If you have 64bit os and have at least 4GB of ram then remove your 32bit java and install the 64bit one from here, x64 is the one you want, and then go to the options tab on the launcher and set the slider to 2GB of ram.

xxFunaturalxx

Jul 29, 2019
i have a 32bit os, but im honest i dont know what does to remove opis map writer, so im a little bit untrusted to do that :) , and also i dont wanna remove default mods because that way i cant play on multiplayer servers.

Last edited:

TheMagnarOfThenn

Jul 29, 2019
Alright can anyone help me. It says I'm supposed to wait if I get the whole "Dirs mk'd" thing. I've waited an hour with no results! Anyone have any help!?

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
i have a 32bit os, but im honest i dont know what does to remove opis map writer, so im a little bit untrusted to do that :) , and also i dont wanna remove default mods because that way i cant play on multiplayer servers.

The opis map writer mod is known to use a lot of memory and until a fix arrives and there is not much you can do apart from removing some mods from the pack.

frunnyfroggy

Jul 29, 2019
It might be related to only having 32bit java. Do you have a 32bit os or 64bit? If you have a 32bit os then remove opis map writer and try again.

Then if you still get the error try removing other mods like biomes 'o' plenty, ars magicka 2 and thaumcraft.

If you have 64bit os and have at least 4GB of ram then remove your 32bit java and install the 64bit one from here, x64 is the one you want, and then go to the options tab on the launcher and set the slider to 2GB of ram.

64bit
4 gigs or 2gigs no ars, biomes, opis, or thaumcraft, same problem

xxFunaturalxx

Jul 29, 2019
well i dont wanna remove the TConstruct bcs it is a key mod. I dont think the RAM is a problem bcs it need to work on 1GB, noone write it down "Horizons will work just on 64bit os." . I think i will wait until i get an answer from the tech support or maybe from the modpack team bcs i think it is a mod problem.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
well i dont wanna remove the TConstruct bcs it is a key mod. I dont think the RAM is a problem bcs it need to work on 1GB, noone write it down "Horizons will work just on 64bit os." . I think i will wait until i get an answer from the tech support or maybe from the modpack team bcs i think it is a mod problem.

I have seen posts from tech support people that getting the 1.6 packs working with only 1GB has been an issue. I know the author of the map writer mod is looking into the memory problem.

There maybe a way to get it working but you are going to have to wait and see.

If you have enough memory, by that I mean 4GB or more, you could go buy the 64bit os then that would allow you to allocate more ram using 64bit java.

xxFunaturalxx

Jul 29, 2019
well, i see what you say, but if that is the problem i should get a crashreport with "out of memory" or "ticking memory", right? And i monitoring my RAM usage and i see, when i start FTB, the usage just 75%, so i dont understand, im still dont think the memory is the problem :D. It say Texture rendering and i have a feeling and i read about that topics that maybe is a FML problem or maybe the Tinker mod, im still hope the support will say something, at last your point :D.

Dillon845

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Horizons
Mod & Version:1.6.4
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/nnG3cbft
Whats the bug? It downloads the sounds/music files then stream: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream throws that error to me, then it loads all the files then exits
Can it be repeated? Always
Known Fix:N/A

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
Mod Pack: Horizons
Mod & Version:1.6.4
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/nnG3cbft
Whats the bug? It downloads the sounds/music files then stream: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream throws that error to me, then it loads all the files then exits
Can it be repeated? Always
Known Fix:N/A

You have both 32 and 64bit java. Remove the 32bit one. Having both is known to cause problems.

Reactions: Ashzification

Danito

Jul 29, 2019
ok horizons isnt working (i got rid of 32bit java and left 64bit) everytime i click launch it loads up then both the launcher and the console just disappear (the launcher first then the console not long after) here is the log http://pastebin.com/7PVDzbbP .
Please help...its annoying me.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
ok horizons isnt working (i got rid of 32bit java and left 64bit) everytime i click launch it loads up then both the launcher and the console just disappear (the launcher first then the console not long after) here is the log http://pastebin.com/7PVDzbbP .
Please help...its annoying me.
Please complete this:
http://desk.feed-the-beast.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/9/0/basic-troubleshooting

If your console log indicates that you have not completed the guide exactly as I have prepared it, then I will ask you to do it again.

Dillon845

Jul 29, 2019
You have both 32 and 64bit java. Remove the 32bit one. Having both is known to cause problems.
I uninstalled 64 bit and 32 bit reinstalled 64 bit but gives the same log and error's, Maybe because of chrome that it used 32 bit?