So, what is the best tinker's construct melee weapon type?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeOtaku

Jul 29, 2019
I was thinking about broad sword or long sword. I tried cleave but it's slowness turns me off. If i want max damage i will just go for a nano saber or something like that but i'm not rich enough yet to waste my stuff on that. so, tinkers construct is the best choice.

Also can u guys list the materials and the modifiers you use on your sword? Still kinda new to tinkers construct and need your help

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
As far as materials, if you're using ftb my recommendations won't be of much help. Honestly the battle axe is my favorite weapon because it's hilarious looking and with dartcraft installed I can ride over water and ice using its speed buff.

In general i just use he broad sword. I like the idea of being able to decrease damage woth the block ability and my major offense is range attacks from mod bows or Thaumcraft wand foci. Plus being able to block creeper blasts early game is best for me. You can't do that with a rapier.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
Without ExtraTiC, Mahnamanah is definately the best (Manyullin in case you don't get this)
As for the weapon type, I really like Scythes. They appear to hit faster than Broadswords (not rapier speed though) and you can hit multiple mobs at a time. Or, if you can get one, make a cutlass. They are like a Broadsword, but they have inbuilt critchance and they look SWEET! Just look for Full Guard pattern in villages.

For modifiers, depends on what you want. Just damage, full quartz is good. The second book (red) also tells you alot about modifiers.

Reactions: Jess887cp

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
It honestly comes down to personal preference. I bounce between rapiers (for their AP) and longswords (for their dash-jump) most of the time.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Early game, it's a Longsword, generally with a Cactus Blade, if I can get the cactus for it. That's the very first 'before I do any mining or get a smeltery up' weapon.

My next weapon is generally made of steel, and generally also a Longsword, since it is made before I can get the Tool Forge up and running. Generally with my first piece of steel if possible, right as I finish making my smeltry. The additional damage output of steel weapons makes it a decided upgrade.

Finally, I do like the Scythes for up close area-effect mayhem. It's great for keeping swarms of zombies/hecates/angry zombies/any other melee unit in the mod pack you are playing with off of you.

The Cleaver is useful for head-hunting for withers, so I generally make one, then put additional Beheading on top of it, and enough Quartz to OHKO (One-Hit KO) a wither skeleton.

However, in my opinion, the most powerful TiCo weapon is the bow and arrows. Bow is Slime Rods with Flamestring Bow, and arrows are Cactus Head/Slime Rods/Feather Fletching with enough Nether Quartz to one-shot kill most opponents. Bow has 1x Moss and the rest in Redstone.

Reactions: Odovbold

JoeOtaku

Jul 29, 2019
Early game, it's a Longsword, generally with a Cactus Blade, if I can get the cactus for it. That's the very first 'before I do any mining or get a smeltery up' weapon.

My next weapon is generally made of steel, and generally also a Longsword, since it is made before I can get the Tool Forge up and running. Generally with my first piece of steel if possible, right as I finish making my smeltry. The additional damage output of steel weapons makes it a decided upgrade.

Finally, I do like the Scythes for up close area-effect mayhem. It's great for keeping swarms of zombies/hecates/angry zombies/any other melee unit in the mod pack you are playing with off of you.

The Cleaver is useful for head-hunting for withers, so I generally make one, then put additional Beheading on top of it, and enough Quartz to OHKO (One-Hit KO) a wither skeleton.

However, in my opinion, the most powerful TiCo weapon is the bow and arrows. Bow is Slime Rods with Flamestring Bow, and arrows are Cactus Head/Slime Rods/Feather Fletching with enough Nether Quartz to one-shot kill most opponents. Bow has 1x Moss and the rest in Redstone.
i usually just get a railgun on my power armor for range since they are insainly accurate and powerful (like one shot anything except enderman and some twilight mobs).

What is the reason for longsword over broadsword? i do see that longsword has a charge ability is that really good?

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
i usually just get a railgun on my power armor for range since they are insainly accurate and powerful (like one shot anything except enderman and some twilight mobs).
Because you can get a bow and arrow going much sooner, still kills anything in one shot except endermen, and doesn't require installing MPS.

What is the reason for longsword over broadsword? i do see that longsword has a charge ability is that really good?
1.5x damage on charge+attack.

JoeOtaku

Jul 29, 2019
Because you can get a bow and arrow going much sooner, still kills anything in one shot except endermen, and doesn't require installing MPS.

1.5x damage on charge+attack.
yea make sence for bows and arrows

wow seirously 1.5x damage???????? dat seems a bit op.

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going sword + scythe, I recommend stacking pistons on the scythe. Last I checked, they could be combined for hilarious effect. You may kill more mobs via fall damage. If you wanted to be effective, you could also toss some blaze powder on there.

Reactions: Jess887cp

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going sword + scythe, I recommend stacking pistons on the scythe. Last I checked, they could be combined for hilarious effect. You may kill more mobs via fall damage. If you wanted to be effective, you could also toss some blaze powder on there.
Full pistons on the scythe, and it feels as though you're wielding a might banhammer, sending the filthy mobs far over the horizon. Or something like that. :D

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Cheap and best bang for buck, I go with stone longsword. Then with the infusion of project red, I go with gem swords, until I'm ready to get serious with a mana longsword, quartz it up to 7.5, ic it for recharge, then lapis it up for loot3 just so I can get materials. on multiplayer, I might consider the other options, but in single player, it doesn't make much sense to me to do anything but longsword. The leap effect is kinda silly to me even. Love getting that mana finished sword. When I'm done I one shot small mobs, and if I jump or dash attack I can one shot bigger mobs.

Yldron

Jul 29, 2019
Weapon type: always Longsword, for pvp Rapier. you can survive without any problems with a cactus sword, which is better than stone.
then go for a mana longsword. mana blade, paper binding, mana rod (or if you have it, thaumium rod)
Modifiers: 1 Mossy, 1 Lapis(full), 1dia+gold, 1 netherstar(if you can afford it), rest quartz (with paper and thaumium you need a lot of quartz). you might like the fire enchantment, but i dont. one more quartz to one-hit everything is way better..

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Most powerful:
Weapon type: arrow with a Thaumic head, a paper rod, and a feather fletching
Modifier: Maxed out (with Gold block+Dia.) quartz.
Damage: Around 14 hearts when melee'd, and around 30 hearts when shot

Arrows never break, so you don't need any moss modifiers, but if you really want a sword I would go for either a cleaver, rapier, or a broadsword. Broadswords have the ability to block, which can make Creeper explosions not as threatening. Cleavers get you skulls much faster. Rapiers are great when things are wearing armor.

For all swords I try to go for a Thaumic guard, manyullyn blade, and alumite handle, with moss, as much quartz as possible, and maybe lapis.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
I never thought of using an arrow as a melee weapon. Hmm. I may start using that exact arrow setup.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Most powerful:
Weapon type: arrow with a Thaumic head, a paper rod, and a feather fletching
Modifier: Maxed out (with Gold block+Dia.) quartz.
Damage: Around 14 hearts when melee'd, and around 30 hearts when shot

Arrows never break, so you don't need any moss modifiers, but if you really want a sword I would go for either a cleaver, rapier, or a broadsword. Broadswords have the ability to block, which can make Creeper explosions not as threatening. Cleavers get you skulls much faster. Rapiers are great when things are wearing armor.

For all swords I try to go for a Thaumic guard, manyullyn blade, and alumite handle, with moss, as much quartz as possible, and maybe lapis.
Has this changed recently? Because last time I used a TiCo arrow as a melee weapon, it didn't do any more damage than your regular unarmed attack.

Also, that's an awful lot of resources there for a single stack of arrows, which you can't guarantee you can recover. Particularly the Thaumium (although my problem there is that I absolutely despise the cauldron as it currently stands).

There is absolutely ZERO difference between a Thaumic Guard and a Paper one. They both add an additional modifier, and the guard has no other impact on the weapon itself. Plus 14 hearts (much less 30) is ridiculously over-engineered. You will never meet anything (barring wither or nether dragon) which requires that sort of damage output. 10 hearts is more than enough to one-hit kill anything you are likely to encounter, unless you have Mekanism and every skeleton and zombie is blinged out in armor.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
There is no kill like overkill.
Also, I do use Mekanism and the undead horde are all decked out in armor and weapons. T-T)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kittle

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
There is no kill like overkill.
Not when it involves blowing Thaumium, diamonds, gold blocks, and multiple stacks of quartz on ammunition which you are likely to lose at some point.

Pointless waste of resources is pointless and wasteful.
Also, I do use Mekanism and the undead horde are all decked out in armor and weapons. T-T)
Yea, but due to how damage reduction from armor works, you're still needing almost as many hits to go through armor. Particularly the glowstone armor. So unless you've got a Rapier around, it does you little to no good.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
True, but I'm loving the sword from Redstone Arsenal now. And I've heard you could enchant it as well? ;)

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk