FTB Master Configs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

devryb

Jul 29, 2019
Again. The "Master Configs" will only include configurations for mods we use in our packs OR configurations we get from mod developers telling us those have been optimized to our configs. At some point there might be some configs in for mods we won't use but the bigger it gets the harder it becomes to maintain.

Um big reactors is in the mod list for the new unleashed pack

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
yes, but it is an alpha mod... so the configs will probably change a lot and break worlds as it is.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
IDK, I don't make the packs. In my opinion I think it is a bad idea to put alpha or WIP mods in a public packs, especially when some of those mods authors have specifically stated that they are not stable config wise and will probably break worlds with later updates.

Ngar

Jul 29, 2019
I think it makes also sense to inklude configs of big or wide used mods FTB don´t inklude (now), because it could be the standard for other projekts, also future ideas of FTB packs.

As sample, I played long time ultimate pack on server, but sometimes I (have to) play lokal and want more life - I added MoCreatures.

In that case it would be very fine, possible ID conflicts are solved by default, for every one he want it like me and has not the skill to change configs easly.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
As sample, I played long time ultimate pack on server, but sometimes I (have to) play lokal and want more life - I added MoCreatures.
Interesting point. Mo'Creatures will not be included due to permissions, but it should be possible to distribute the config. It's then a question of whether the FTB team want to spend the effort on it (lowest of the low on priotity right now), and whether they want to allocate the IDs to a mod that they can never use. There's nothing to stop anyone making an unofficial FTB-compatible config, but the IDs mught get trashed by another mod in future.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
FTB, why are you making more work for yourself? A larger config list that is constantly updated already exists and has for quite a while...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1210470-Fuzzzie-s-1-6-4-Mod-List

because FTB customize each configuration file so the mods have the best compatibility between eachother.
just because you were able to load a tonload of mods together in an instance doesn't mean the work is done, that was just the easy part.
finetuning every configuration file with other files is the real hard part

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, a quick question.. emashercore adds Native Copper Ores which needs to be mined with atleast a redstone mining level and they spawn in quite a large quantity. are these copper ores actually needed? because if you smelt/grind/pulverize or whatever you want to do with them, they just become normal copper ingots. but copper is already generated by Thermal Expansion so there's 2 types of copper generation now...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
FTB, why are you making more work for yourself? A larger config list that is constantly updated already exists and has for quite a while...
What if FTB want to include a mod that isn't on that list? And then Fuzzie adds the same mod with different IDs? There's no way that FTB could make mod packs while depending on someone else's configs.

Reactions: Jadedcat

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
hmm, a quick question.. emashercore adds Native Copper Ores which needs to be mined with atleast a redstone mining level and they spawn in quite a large quantity. are these copper ores actually needed? because if you smelt/grind/pulverize or whatever you want to do with them, they just become normal copper ingots. but copper is already generated by Thermal Expansion so there's 2 types of copper generation now...

I'm only seeing one type of copper in Horizons here: http://i.imgur.com/jrt0pX7.png

Emashers added limestone ... so does the EM Copper unify as Metalurgy copper when mined, or could you be mistaken about the mod?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I'm only seeing one type of copper in Horizons here: http://i.imgur.com/jrt0pX7.png

Emashers added limestone ... so does the EM Copper unify as Metalurgy copper when mined, or could you be mistaken about the mod?

I'm playing the direwolf20 modpack with the addition of emasher's core and engineer's toolbox with the universal config, and I'm finding tons of the copper of emasher's, mostly because it spawns in huge veins. I've checked the config of emasher's with the latest universal config file of emasher's, and the config says:

Code:
B:"D: Generate Native Copper Ore"=true
  I:"E: Native Copper Ore Per Chunk"=12
  I:"F: Native Copper Ore Per Vein"=16
  I:"G: Native Copper Ore Min Height"=32
  I:"H: Native Copper Ore Max Height"=127
  S:"I: Native Copper Ore Biomes"=

and I've found the native copper, lots and lots of it

EDIT: just found out that the Cassiterite ore from emasher's core is actually tin when you smelt it, and just like the native copper ore, it spawns quite often and in huge veins. I mined 2 veins of it that were only 10 blocks apart from eachother and I collected more then 1,5 stacks of the Cassiterite ore... the other ores can also be used for ingots, like nickel, lead and aluminium

Last edited:

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing the direwolf20 modpack with the addition of emasher's core and engineer's toolbox with the universal config, and I'm finding tons of the copper of emasher's, mostly because it spawns in huge veins. I've checked the config of emasher's with the latest universal config file of emasher's, and the config says:

Code:
B:"D: Generate Native Copper Ore"=true
  I:"E: Native Copper Ore Per Chunk"=12
  I:"F: Native Copper Ore Per Vein"=16
  I:"G: Native Copper Ore Min Height"=32
  I:"H: Native Copper Ore Max Height"=127
  S:"I: Native Copper Ore Biomes"=

and I've found the native copper, lots and lots of it

EDIT: just found out that the Cassiterite ore from emasher's core is actually tin when you smelt it, and just like the native copper ore, it spawns quite often and in huge veins. I mined 2 veins of it that were only 10 blocks apart from eachother and I collected more then 1,5 stacks of the Cassiterite ore... the other ores can also be used for ingots, like nickel, lead and aluminium

If you add emasher and engineers toolbox and gascraft you will need to turn off their metal ore gen. Leave limestone and emery ore tho as you will need those later. The config solves alot of ID problems but it doesn't alter the ore gen if you combine mods that add ore gen into a pack.

McyD

Jul 29, 2019
What if FTB want to include a mod that isn't on that list? And then Fuzzie adds the same mod with different IDs? There's no way that FTB could make mod packs while depending on someone else's configs.

I was talking about as a starting point, not staying dependent on it, as all the mods on the list already work together, obliviously the configs woulds start to diverge as mods were and added configs were changed on FTB's side.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I was talking about as a starting point, not staying dependent on it, as all the mods on the list already work together, obliviously the configs woulds start to diverge as mods were and added configs were changed on FTB's side.
It has less to do with just working together in terms of IDs(With the new forge system it's not terribly hard unless you try to add in GT/RotaryCraft[Anything that uses DragonAPI] last) and more of the vast changes across configs to make mods actually fit in with each other and work towards fulfilling a theme or level of balance.

naaskaii

Jul 29, 2019
FYI,

I just tried adding the Carpenter Block mod to Direwolf20's 1.6.4 pack and received an ID Conflict with 4 items from Carpenters Block and Thaumcarft. http://pastebin.com/ASg35NCx

I tried commenting out those 4 items and the launcher will just regenerate the line items so I used 2070 - 2073 from the Universal Config v1.0.7 and it worked.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
FYI,

I just tried adding the Carpenter Block mod to Direwolf20's 1.6.4 pack and received an ID Conflict with 4 items from Carpenters Block and Thaumcarft. http://pastebin.com/ASg35NCx

I tried commenting out those 4 items and the launcher will just regenerate the line items so I used 2070 - 2073 from the Universal Config v1.0.7 and it worked.

we'll take a look its possible Carpenter's blocks has a few more items now and we need to update the config.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
If you add emasher and engineers toolbox and gascraft you will need to turn off their metal ore gen. Leave limestone and emery ore tho as you will need those later. The config solves alot of ID problems but it doesn't alter the ore gen if you combine mods that add ore gen into a pack.

it's probably best though to turn those ore generations off, because you'll probably be using other ore gen mods like cofh and metallurgy

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
ID conflict with universal configs 1.0.8 at

Code:
2050: blockCarpentersPressurePlate from CarpentersBlocks - redstonearsenal.storage from Redstone Arsenal

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
ID conflict with universal configs 1.0.8 at

Code:
2050: blockCarpentersPressurePlate from CarpentersBlocks - redstonearsenal.storage from Redstone Arsenal

do you have a config you've fixed for carpenter's blocks? Not sure why that's not showing up on my end. But if you have a config you've fixed to work I'll happily use it to figure out what's going on. And if you don't mind might just steal your ID range for carpenters.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
do you have a config you've fixed for carpenter's blocks? Not sure why that's not showing up on my end. But if you have a config you've fixed to work I'll happily use it to figure out what's going on. And if you don't mind might just steal your ID range for carpenters.

sure, no problem, I'll just paste the code of the config file here so you won't have to download any files. if you do mind, just reply and I'll upload the file to whatever filehost you prefer. here's the config:

Code:
# Configuration file

####################
# block
####################

block {
    I:Barrier=2041
    I:Bed=2042
    I:Block=2043
    I:Button=2044
    I:"Collapsible Block"=2454
    I:DaylightSensor=2045
    I:Door=2046
    I:Gate=2047
    I:Hatch=2048
    I:Ladder=2453
    I:Lever=2049
    I:PressurePlate=2050
    I:Safe=2456
    I:Slope=2051
    I:Stairs=2052
    I:Torch=2455
}

####################
# control
####################

control {
    B:"Enable Barrier"=true
    B:"Enable Bed"=true
    B:"Enable Block/Slab"=true
    B:"Enable Button"=true
    B:"Enable Collapsible Block"=true
    B:"Enable Daylight Sensor"=true
    B:"Enable Door"=true
    B:"Enable Gate"=true
    B:"Enable Hatch"=true
    B:"Enable Ladder"=true
    B:"Enable Lever"=true
    B:"Enable Pressure Plate"=true
    B:"Enable Safe"=true
    B:"Enable Slope"=true
    B:"Enable Stairs"=true
    B:"Enable Torch"=true
}

####################
# features
####################

features {
    # This will prevent players besides you and server operators from editing your blocks.
    # Note: this does not protect blocks against destruction (intentional), and may allow activation if appropriate. Also, the Carpenter's Safe is not affected by this.
    B:"Enable Block Ownership"=true
    B:"Enable Covers"=true
    B:"Enable Dye Colors"=true
    B:"Enable Fancy Fluids"=true
    B:"Enable Overlays"=true
    B:"Enable Side Covers"=true
}

####################
# item
####################

item {
    I:Bed=5404
    I:Chisel=5402
    I:Door=5403
    I:Hammer=5401
}

####################
# recipe quantities
####################

"recipe quantities" {
    I:Barrier=2
    I:Bed=1
    I:Block=5
    I:Button=1
    I:"Collapsible Block"=9
    I:"Daylight Sensor"=1
    I:Door=1
    I:Gate=1
    I:Hatch=1
    I:Ladder=4
    I:Lever=1
    I:"Pressure Plate"=1
    I:Safe=1
    I:Slope=4
    I:Stairs=4
    I:Torch=4
}

####################
# rendering
####################

rendering {
    # Provides integration with Optifine's block coloring methods.
    # Note: this is needed to support Custom Colors.
    B:"Enable Optifine Integration"=true

# This resolves z-fighting with chiseled patterns that may occur with Optifine or other client-side performance mods.
    # Note: this will likely cause all Carpenter's Blocks to be invisible behind ice or water.
    B:"Enable Z-Fighting Fix"=false
    B:enableOptifineIntegration=true
    B:enableZFightingFix=false
}

####################
# slope
####################

slope {
    # This controls the smoothness of the slope faces.
    # Note: smoothness of 2 is similar to stairs, while a value above 25 is generally fluid.
    I:Smoothness=2
    I:hitboxPrecision=2
}

####################
# tools
####################

tools {
    B:"Enable Chisel"=true
    B:"Enable Hammer"=true
    B:"Tools Damageable"=false
    B:"Vanilla Tools Damageable"=true
}

####################
# torch
####################

torch {
    # This controls whether torches extinguish themselves when exposed to rain or snow.
    B:"Enable Torch Weather Effects"=true
    B:enableTorchWeatherEffects=true
}

a few notes though, this is the config file for the latest carpenter blocks version, which is 1.9.7 so a few new items and cofiguration lines have been added.
also note I've switched the durability of the hammer to false, as I use the hammer quite alot and find it annoying to constantly craft new hammers and also because for some reason, when I move hammers with no damage to an inventory that holds a hammer that does have damage, the undamaged hammers seem to stack with the damaged hammer, thus getting a stack of hammers with damage...

to fix the ID conflict I've changed the ID of the block in the RedstoneArsenal config file to 2057 instead of changing the carpenter block's id, because the RedstoneArsenal ID is just 1 ID in total, so it's easier to move it. but if I may suggest I'd rather choose a different ID, because 2057 is close after the carpenter's ID, so if carpenter's blocks adds new blocks, 2057 would quickly become the next ID number you'd need. after checking the universal dumps and my personal dumps I'd suggest an ID of 2000, which is just before the Thermal Expansion ID's. but this depends if Lemming is planning on adding more ID's to Redstone Arsenal or not. though you've a few more free IDs just before 2000

and you might have not gotten this ID problem if you did not have both carpenter's blocks and the redstone arsenal mod files installed as redstone arsenal just recently got released, probably less then a day ago. if you need any more information, just ask and I'll try to respond as quickly as I can. hope this can be of help ;)