Thaumcraft 4 questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Three Questions:

1. I have a taint biome, or the beginnings of one roughly 500 meters from my planned base location... Will I have to truly deal with this taint, like will it spread into a full grown Tainted Lands? I presume the chunk load range of a player is not likely to cause this biome to spread fast, if at all?

2. Eerie biomes do not spread right? Each one seems to be built around an Obsidian Totem, so I'm curious if they spread as I happen to have roughly a chunk worth right by my base within what would end up being a chunk loaded area via chunk loader.

3. Anyway to remove the Flux purple liquid? I'm curious as I presume its no longer like in dire's vids where you could just put a block on top of it and its gone...

~Zen

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
1. If it's loaded, it will spread. If it's not loaded wit will not spread. There's no difference in speed based on how close you are.

2. Eerie biomes do not spread beyond the chunk that contains them.

3. Why do you "presume" this? Have you seen any evidence to the contrary? No such change was made...

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
3. Why do you "presume" this? Have you seen any evidence to the contrary? No such change was made...

I do believe in one of the videos of it during one of Dire's forgecraft2 Azanor said it was not going to be that easy to remove it. Thus I presumed it would not be easy now.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 1 more question;
The Infusion Crafting process, how far away can the jars be from the center of the alter? My current room design for Infusion crafting will put the jars roughly 7 blocks from the center pedestal of the Infusion Alter, will the Essentia still flow when crafting or do I need to shrink the build a bit? Every vid I've seen of the Alter room the jars are like 4 or 5 away from the center and can't test this in Creative as I do not see a way to gain all the research instantly to test this.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 1 more question;
The Infusion Crafting process, how far away can the jars be from the center of the alter? My current room design for Infusion crafting will put the jars roughly 7 blocks from the center pedestal of the Infusion Alter, will the Essentia still flow when crafting or do I need to shrink the build a bit? Every vid I've seen of the Alter room the jars are like 4 or 5 away from the center and can't test this in Creative as I do not see a way to gain all the research instantly to test this.
I believe 8 is the upper limit, so 7 should be fine. It's also not hard to test with a simple infusion and just placing one jar 7, 8, 9, 10, etc blocks away from the center.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
8 radius from the matrix?
I might be mistaken, but I recall having essence being pulled from jars at least 7 blocks away, possibly 8. I lost that world quite a while ago, and I'm at work so I can't set up a test world to check.

Zen300

Jul 29, 2019
I believe 8 is the upper limit, so 7 should be fine. It's also not hard to test with a simple infusion and just placing one jar 7, 8, 9, 10, etc blocks away from the center.

Yeah, though at the moment I have only a Thauminomic thanks to a chest in a village I spawned like 10 blocks from, it actually had 3 made me laugh. So I
I might be mistaken, but I recall having essence being pulled from jars at least 7 blocks away, possibly 8. I lost that world quite a while ago, and I'm at work so I can't set up a test world to check.

Direwolf20 video to the rescue!

Skip to 18:10 on the vid. The Pedestals are on the 4th block from the center where he places the Hoe, and 3 blocks from them are the jars (7 blocks total distance from the center) and it clearly draws from them, as the infusion finished

edit: They might actually be 1 more back, its hard to tell but going by the water 2x2 with a 4x4 border of stone brick. It looks like 4 blocks from the pedestals are the jars, making them a total of 8 from the center of the alter.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Etheral blooms for the cleanup and pure nodes form silver woods. Etheral blooms are more favorite personally