Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA} Crash issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: Launcher
Pastebin link to crash log: N/A
Whats the bug? When downloading the mod pack, in addition to the "DIrewolf20_1_6_4" folder, three additional folders are created on my desktop--"versions", "assets", and "libraries". I was under the impression that these folders are supposed to be somewhere within the "DIrewolf20_1_6_4" folder.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: Ignore it; the game still runs fine, but the desktop clutter is annoying.

mrbruce300

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.6.4
Pastebin link to crash log:n/a
Whats the bug? Can't download pack. Done it 4 time now and keep getting error. Had download 3/4 of the pack before last error.
Can it be repeated? yes
Known Fix:

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Format:

Mod & Version: Chunk Loading
Pastebin link to crash log: No Crash
Whats the bug? All players in server experencing chunks not loading. no errors in console. Server has 12GB ram dedicated to it on a dedicated server
Can it be repeated? Yes happens with any worlds i try to load

SmirkNMerk

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.6.4
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/PKFGLggF
Whats the bug? The game starts off fine but after about 5 minutes the game begins to stall more and more frequently until it becomes unplayable. If I try to quit it freezes and says shutting down internal server.
Can it be repeated? Yes. it has happened 4x now. While it stalls the console reads each time: [WARNING] [Minecraft-Server] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
Known Fix:

Last edited:

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Why are all of these unrelated issues lumped into a single thread with no explanation? Could we have a little clarification, please?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Why are all of these unrelated issues lumped into a single thread with no explanation? Could we have a little clarification, please?
They're being lumped together for ease of tech support. Moderation is lumping them together so that our jobs are easier.

You installed the launcher to your desktop. You need to put the launcher in a folder to prevent it from from doing that.
You need to wait a while, or make sure your antivirus isn't blocking the download.
Chunk errors happen. Try making a new world to see if the error persists
Please read this: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-launcher-update-mod-packs-what-you-need-to-know.35414/[url]http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-launcher-update-mod-packs-what-you-need-to-know.35414/[/URL]
And do all the stuff.
You should be using Java 7 now.
We will not provide support for issues that happen after you've added mods.

YoruTOboe

Jul 29, 2019
Mod & Version: 1.6.2
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/JDJ5cWDr
Whats the bug? When i try to create a single player world to play the game freezes and won't work, it creates a folder of the world but when i start the game over it won't show on the single player world list.
Can it be repeated? Yes.
Known Fix: Tried to download again, force update, my java it's the right version...

Reactions: Vephopos03

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
I created a new world. Same issue. Tried it on a different server same issue

What mod does Direwolf20 modpack use to load its chunks. i can try removing it to see how things go?

Thanks

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I created a new world. Same issue. Tried it on a different server same issue

What mod does Direwolf20 modpack use to load its chunks. i can try removing it to see how things go?

Thanks
Without actually placing the chunkloaders, there is no mod that loads the chunks. Player world generation or in-game chunk loaders are the only ways to load chunks in Minecraft.

THEMiiNiSTER

Jul 29, 2019
Without actually placing the chunkloaders, there is no mod that loads the chunks. Player world generation or in-game chunk loaders are the only ways to load chunks in Minecraft.
Thanks

Something i have just noticed, It only seems to happen once the server does its first automatic save

Before this the chunks load up fine. After the save they fail to load. it seems to be the same chunks each time

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks

Something i have just noticed, It only seems to happen once the server does its first automatic save

Before this the chunks load up fine. After the save they fail to load. it seems to be the same chunks each time
The issue is likely caused by whatever script or plugin you're using to run automatic saves. `

Jul 29, 2019

I have done all those steps and I am continuing to have issues. Even the one time it did work I couldn't play on a world because it kept running out of memory but my friend is using the same amount of memory and his game runs fine.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I have done all those steps and I am continuing to have issues. Even the one time it did work I couldn't play on a world because it kept running out of memory but my friend is using the same amount of memory and his game runs fine.
Line 5 from your log:
  1. [14:56:30] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:191: Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
That tells me that you've downloaded 32 bit Java on your 64 bit system. Uninstall 32 bit Java and install 64 bit. Then allocate more RAM. Recommended presently is 3 GB, I believe.

Jul 29, 2019
Line 5 from your log:
  1. [14:56:30] [INFO] LaunchFrame.main:191: Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
That tells me that you've downloaded 32 bit Java on your 64 bit system. Uninstall 32 bit Java and install 64 bit. Then allocate more RAM. Recommended presently is 3 GB, I believe.
Okay I will give it a try and let you know if that fixes it

Reactions: Ashzification
Status
Not open for further replies.