Unlimited Quartz Crystals/Dust?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AdamRobero

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

So I'm an intermediate player for FTB and I only ever play Ultimate. What I'm trying to acomplish is a machine which creates unlimited items. So far, I have found a way to create unlimited Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panels automatically. My next task is to create an unlimited ME Drive crafting machine.

What I need to do this, is infinite Quartz Dust! I've looked at every single (quite a few :p ) Google search results regarded the subject and they all turned out to be a pile of s**t!

So, now I turn to you guys! Is there anyway to create INFINITE Quartz Dust AUTOMATICALLY?! I don't want to mine for it or anything like that. I want a machine(s) that can do it for me automatically on Ultimate.

Pandemoneus

Jul 29, 2019
Minefactory Reloaded has a Laser Drill which yields Certus Quartz Ore and Nether Quartz Ore, which you then can further process like you always do.

AdamRobero

Jul 29, 2019

Bees are a great way to do it but they're is no Bee that can create Quartz Dust...[DOUBLEPOST=1386523547][/DOUBLEPOST]
Minefactory Reloaded has a Laser Drill which yields Certus Quartz Ore and Nether Quartz Ore, which you then can further process like you always do.

I'm not 100% sure but doesn't Ultimate just have "MineFactory", not Reloaded

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Bees are a great way to do it but they're is no Bee that can create Quartz Dust...[DOUBLEPOST=1386523547][/DOUBLEPOST]

I'm not 100% sure but doesn't Ultimate just have "MineFactory", not Reloaded
Oh, oops. There's a bee that makes Nether Quartz, but that's not that helpful D:

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Yeah - quantum and certus bees aren't in this version.
Neither is the MFR drill, or nether quartz.
On the plus side vanilla redstone remains unmolested.

Unless theres a UUM recipe or something hidden your only 'infinite' source is some kinda automated mining.
(It'll have to be very well hidden, I've spend a fair bit of time automating EVERYTHING in this pack (bee serums and fusion reactor factory anyone?)- if there is a way I most likely would of found it)​

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Ultimate's (1.4.7) MFR doesn't have the Laser Drill yet iirc.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Yeeeeah you're kinda shit outta luck in a 1.4.7 pack, that was around the time Nether Quartz was introduced so nobody had really done anything with it that I can think of. Bees\Laser Drill are both viable in 1.5 and up packs so it may be time to jump a version or so and grab the FTB Ultimate (or whatever they call it) for 1.6 which looking at tweets should be sometime very soon (matter of days\week or so) of course that is barring "yup you're screwed" scenarios.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah pre 1.5 I dont think there is any possible way of automating production of quartz other than mining. But since you still got RP2 frames, you could always make that frames/turtle/mining well rig and just let it continuously mine.