Why Were Thaumcraft Warded Blocks Removed?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
and because they were horribly overpowered and a griefer's dream?
Hope they are coming back because they are a griefer's nightmare as well. My son hates them ever since I built my storage room out of them....and also encased his char in them while he was afk :D

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hope they are coming back because they are a griefer's nightmare as well. My son hates them ever since I built my storage room out of them....and also encased his char in them while he was afk :D
There are plenty of things in 1.6.4 that allows you to protect your items still

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
There are plenty of things in 1.6.4 that allows you to protect your items still
There are?
I'm trying to find a way to protect blocks similar to a force field, in a way that would fit well in a 'magic' theme. Warded blocks fit that perfectly, but obviously those aren't around at the moment, and their future existence is ambiguous...

I would also prefer not to install Ars Magica, since it's not really the style of magic I like, though if there's no other option...

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There are?
I'm thinking to find a way to protect blocks similar to a force field, in a way that would fit well in a 'magic' theme. Warded blocks fit that perfectly, but obviously those aren't around at the moment, and their future existence is ambiguous...
Strongboxes are what I'd be choosing. They're from Thermal expansion 3
but there's also forcefields, there's also that block from MFFS that gives permissions to an area, preventing block breaking without permission or even stealing items from people who aren't permitted to be in there (Can't think of the name)

So that could protect your area in the same way that warded blocks did

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
Magic theme huh... make a golem a very uber golem army set to kill players name it Dog make it ranged as well I'm not sure what RWtema gave it on the FC2 server but according to him 1 golem he made can defeat 1 wither alone and survive so I reckon having an army would'nt be that overwhelming or would it? this is to compensate if people wear the amethyst armor from BoP

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
They weren't removed, they just haven't been reinplemented.

bingpong. same goes for the arcane door and arcane pressure plate.
I guess Azanor is taking his time to think about how he wants to redo these items/blocks to make them better and less griefable then their TC3 counterparts

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
TC3 Warded Blocks were used to intentionally block/deny people access to some or all of their own base ? Help me out here, seriously. I loathe the idea of griefing and can't imagine someone having fun doing it.

Also, I don't get the whole griefing thing. Are there that many open or blacklist servers ?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
TC3 Warded Blocks were used to intentionally block/deny people access to some or all of their own base ? Help me out here, seriously. I loathe the idea of griefing and can't imagine someone having fun doing it.

Also, I don't get the whole griefing thing. Are there that many open or blacklist servers ?

As one who has only played FTB on open servers, the answer is yes. There are that many *lovely individuals* that enjoy griefing, stealing, and all that jazz. On one I was griefed on three seperate occasions because I was 'too close to the spawn'. So I moved to over 12k from spawn and was still griefed.

As for the number of open servers, there are quite a few if you ever take a look at FTBservers.com. Many that prefer the large servers like the larger community or just don't want to deal with trying to get themselves and their friends into a smaller whitelisted servers.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
...or you can use the config and make them behave like cobblestone.

Might aswell remove lava/tnt/fire while we are at it, since they are such bad griefing tools.

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly if a few more specific mod items would respect the claims protection systems that are often used then items like warded blocks would not be needed nor would they have a strong griefing potential.

That being said, I can't wait for the return of them as I do enjoy the warded doors and arcane pressure plates.