'Blacklisting' items from getting extracted?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so... I'm playing on Feed the Beast Unleashed v1.1.7 and I decided to build this mob farm with the help of the Peaceful Tables from the Extra Utilities mod. Made the sorting system using BC pipes, barrels and two other chests (for the DartCraft spoils bags and the random bows, enchanted armor etc.)

kjKgWVx.png

The problem appeared when i had to extract the items from the chest next to the Peaceful Tables. I want to extract everything from that chest except the sword needed for the Tables to work and I have no idea if BC pipes (or any other pipes, for this matter) can 'blacklist' items.
Does anybody know any solution to this problem I have, please? Thanks in advance.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
BC pipes can't; logistics pipes can. There's a few different ways to do this but I think the simplest would be a chassis(mark 2/3 depending on how many different item types it brings in) and advanced extractors. You will need to change the pipes on the barrels and chests to basic logistics pipes set to pull the item that you want to go in the barrel/chest(You might actually need mk 1 chassis + item sinks but you might not so try without first if you do this). And remember LP needs power from a logistics pipe junction(Something like that).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Alright, so... I'm playing on Feed the Beast Unleashed v1.1.7 and I decided to build this mob farm with the help of the Peaceful Tables from the Extra Utilities mod. Made the sorting system using BC pipes, barrels and two other chests (for the DartCraft spoils bags and the random bows, enchanted armor etc.)

kjKgWVx.png

The problem appeared when i had to extract the items from the chest next to the Peaceful Tables. I want to extract everything from that chest except the sword needed for the Tables to work and I have no idea if BC pipes (or any other pipes, for this matter) can 'blacklist' items.
Does anybody know any solution to this problem I have, please? Thanks in advance.
I have never tried the table, but couldn't you just have another chest with the sword and all the other inventory slots filled with 1 cobble? and then have the other chest for all the loot? If so, that would be a very easy low cost method :p

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
I have never tried the table, but couldn't you just have another chest with the sword and all the other inventory slots filled with 1 cobble? and then have the other chest for all the loot? If so, that would be a very easy low cost method :p
Nope, the sword has to be in the same chest as the loot chest, unfortunately... T-T

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
BC pipes can't; logistics pipes can. There's a few different ways to do this but I think the simplest would be a chassis(mark 2/3 depending on how many different item types it brings in) and advanced extractors. You will need to change the pipes on the barrels and chests to basic logistics pipes set to pull the item that you want to go in the barrel/chest(You might actually need mk 1 chassis + item sinks but you might not so try without first if you do this). And remember LP needs power from a logistics pipe junction(Something like that).

I'ven ever used Logistics pipes, so I have no idea what you just said. Could you explain like you would to monkeys, please? xD

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Chassis are pipes that can be crafted. There are 5 tiers each one allowing more modules to be added to them to make them actually do things. The modules I named are Advanced Extractor and Item Sink. To add them to the chassis pipes you must right click the pipes with a buildcraft compatible wrench. After they are added some will show up in the pipe with a "!". Click that to select additional qualities of the module. For advanced extractors you can place the items that it will extract from the inventory that the chassis pipe it is in is connected to. Item Sinks allow you to designate that items will attempt to enter the inventory they are connected to. Item sinks also have a default route button which means anything that has no where to go will end up there. Basic logistic pipes are basically the same as Item sinks when right clicked with a wrench.

For the pipes to work you must connect a basic logistics pipe to a Logistics Power junction(Probably not the right name) which can be supplied with EU or MJ.

Also to note that the pipes do not have to all be logistics pipes. Anywhere that something is not connected to an inventory you're not working with can be made of any buildcraft pipe.

C=chest
M=Machine
L=Logistics pipe(Of any kind)
B=Buildcraft pipe(Of any kind)

L L L B B B B B B L L
MMM _________ C C

As well there must be a logistics pipe at any pipe intersections and every 30 Buildcraft pipes.

Last edited:

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, kind sir! :3 Good to know i dont have to replace ALL the pipes, since i still want the Force Transport Pipe's speed :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Thank you, kind sir! :3 Good to know i dont have to replace ALL the pipes, since i still want the Force Transport Pipe's speed :D
Logistics pipes make items move that fast through any pipe IIRC.

E: Also fixed that example. Damn forum doesn't like spaces next to each other.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, if you cannot use AE (which I would strongly suggest) then there are two options (not with standing what has been said in this thread, tl;dr).

Usually, most blocks are programmed to only output a certain slot from a certain side of the block. That is where the need for things like sneaky pipes come in, where you can decide which output side of the block you wish to extract from, regardless of which side the pipe is attached to.

If these peace tables do not have such an option (either due to the fact, that this swords goes into the same space as the items that are created by the table, or they do not have such programming, which I find troubling), then I would suggest Logistics Pipes. They are highly customizable and there is a relatively simple way for your current set up.

This is a link to the last video of a tutorial series on LogPipes that should be more than sufficient in your education. Start with the first one, too lazy to get that link.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Use an emerald pipe and just whitelist the stuff that can be pulled out, add another one to the front of the chest if there's mpre than 9 different things you need to pull

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Use an emerald pipe and just whitelist the stuff that can be pulled out, add another one to the front of the chest if there's mpre than 9 different things you need to pull
Sadly that wont work(did use to anyway) since an emerald pipe with multiple items programmed into it will only pull items in that specific sequence. If you program it to extract bones and arrows, it will extract one bone, then one arrow, then one bone. If then there is none of either of the items, it will wait till it again has an item of that kind before it continues the sequence.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly that wont work(did use to anyway) since an emerald pipe with multiple items programmed into it will only pull items in that specific sequence. If you program it to extract bones and arrows, it will extract one bone, then one arrow, then one bone. If then there is none of either of the items, it will wait till it again has an item of that kind before it continues the sequence.

Ah, I did not know that thanks... That's a fairly daft change IMO, Logistics Pipes with an advanced extractor module will work but will take a lot of learning to get into Logistics but well worth it for future builds I think. LP is sooooo much better than AE systems

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the help! :D I miss the RedPower's pneumatic tubes... they would've made this easier, but Logistics Pipes don't seem so hard to understand after all, too :D

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Would an me storage bus preformatted to the sword pull the other items out? Would the table treat an me interface as a chest?

SandGrainOne

Jul 29, 2019
You can use BuildCraft with some ingenuity. Once in a while extract everything in the chest including the sword. Send the sword to a second chest. When the loot chest is completely empty, pump the sword back in. Do this once every 5 minutes or so. The hard part is making the timer...

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Railcraft Item Unloaders would work a charm, set the Filter to only extract loot items, and viola, and you have an excuse to use carts ;)

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
Would an me storage bus preformatted to the sword pull the other items out? Would the table treat an me interface as a chest?
I have just tested this, and yes, it actually works. I guess everything with an internal inventory and more than one slot works for the table.

EDIT: About the ME storage bus, I don't think it can pull items out, but only treat the inventory it is connected to as part of the AE network ._.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm there might be another method, although it involves exploiting a bug. Sometimes in dungeon loot chests/mob loot bags I get a bugged Stone(smoothstone). This will disappear if you try and place it in the world. However it is usually possible to keep it in the inventory and move it to another inventory. I have discovered that automation cant actually move this item due to it being bugged, and so it blocks automation trying to empty the inventory that its in. It might work if you place the sword in the lower right corner with this stone just to the left of it. Everything up to those 2 items would then be removed. Cannot guarantee that it works or might cause other problems though.

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
I know about this smooth stone you're talking about, I've gotten a lot of it recently, but for me it worked in placing it down/crafting/moving it through differents inventories ._.