'Blacklisting' items from getting extracted?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the help! :D I miss the RedPower's pneumatic tubes... they would've made this easier, but Logistics Pipes don't seem so hard to understand after all, too :D

You're going to love TE3 Itemducts in 1.6 :)

When you right-click on them with a bare hand, they pull up a GUI that has, among other things, whitelist/blacklist filter controls. Also, the itemducts can be in extraction mode or insertion mode. So, you can choose to blacklist/whitelist on extraction and, in the same itemduct network, have blacklist/whitelist filters on insertion into another inventory.

It makes for very intuitive, compact builds that just "work".

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
You're going to love TE3 Itemducts in 1.6 :)

When you right-click on them with a bare hand, they pull up a GUI that has, among other things, whitelist/blacklist filter controls. Also, the itemducts can be in extraction mode or insertion mode. So, you can choose to blacklist/whitelist on extraction and, in the same itemduct network, have blacklist/whitelist filters on insertion into another inventory.

It makes for very intuitive, compact builds that just "work".

Yeah, when I came across this problem, the first thing that came into my mind was Thermal Expansion 3 for 1.6 (I'm watching direwolf20's Forgecraft series). Unfortunately no FTB public modpack for 1.6... yet...

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think this has been mentioned. You can blacklist items from being removed by an advanced extraction (logistics) pipe. I don't know how it handles metadata like damage values. If a pipe is able to ignore an undamaged pick but extracts a damaged version of the same pick it might work if you have both a damaged pick and an undamaged pick with any metavalue in the blacklist. In logistics pipes it is referred to as include (whitelist) and exclude (blacklist). If you put the filter as blank and have it set to exclude then it will extract everything.