Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
haha, for a minute I thought the pipes were hooked onto your bed, so everytime you slept the pipes would drain experience from you into the tank :p

That would be kind of cool. No I just hop on the grate between mining trips. I know Im going to be XP later just no use for it right now.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
You need to use some other blocks to surround your dirt block/patch if you want to plant in Origin Vally so the Origin Grass wouldn't spread to your dirt block.

Kind of a hassle but I, too, like living in the biome too. I swear it's the greenery or something.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Saice, if you need fertilizer just make the Metallurgy brand. It'll give you something to do with the potash, salt peter, & (Geez I forget the other two ingredients)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
That would explain a lot then.

Odd that it worked before and just recently changed.
That's also the reason Garden biomes can be such a pain. They have a custom grass as well that most other trees that aren't vanilla won't grow on. If you go to another biome with a silk touch shovel and grab some grass you can place an area of that and the origin grass shouldn't spread to it.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I so do like the small boats mod and their pretty quick for getting around and don't break when you it something.

Reactions: the_j485

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That would be kind of cool. No I just hop on the grate between mining trips. I know Im going to be XP later just no use for it right now.

well, if they ever do add something like that, make it so instead of a bed you can actuallu sleep in a sleeping pod which stands upstraight
maybe even add the option to charge any electric armour aswell while you're sleeping, and refilling your hunger bars

but I have no idea why BoP adds those different kinds of grass though, as there's not really an use for them... why not just recolor the grass like in the other biomes?

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
well, if they ever do add something like that, make it so instead of a bed you can actuallu sleep in a sleeping pod which stands upstraight
maybe even add the option to charge any electric armour aswell while you're sleeping, and refilling your hunger bars

but I have no idea why BoP adds those different kinds of grass though, as there's not really an use for them... why not just recolor the grass like in the other biomes?

The grass it adds is functionally different. Origin grass and tall grass(?) mimic beta minecraft in that you don't have to till the ground to plant things. At least that's what I understand. This custom coding is also likely the reason most trees don't grow properly.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019

Once I figured out it was the grass block I did some reading.

There is actually a really good reason for it. While the side effect is it breaks some trees it also means the grass is not a valid spot for a few other things. Namely in this case the mega fast returning tall grass that plagues the world and make you wish you had a lawn mower. Also I taught I was just lucky but now I'm sure its not a valid spot for Ars moon stone impacts. once I get some silk touch I want to test an idea with taint on it though i suspect it is not immune it all depends how taint checks blocks.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Having lost a lot of loot recently I went out and stalked the wild endermen for their pearls.

I tell you sometimes those buggers hide.

Anyways so I got a really basic ender loot system setup. One for my private stuff I do not want blown up. and one for dumping into my storage room. (and a leaver should I need to turn it off.

Reactions: Museli

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Having lost a lot of loot recently I went out and stalked the wild endermen for their pearls.

I tell you sometimes those buggers hide.

Anyways so I got a really basic ender loot system setup. One for my private stuff I do not want blown up. and one for dumping into my storage room. (and a leaver should I need to turn it off.

ya they have been stingy with their pearls lately I miss picking up a dozen ender pearls everytime it rains.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
We just recently got Redstone Paste so I was trying to think of a low tech thing i could try it out on.

Bam basic ore processing.

There is hoppers under the tables to feed the chest in front. Basic Fire and forget type system.[DOUBLEPOST=1385097585][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and project KILL ALL THE DYING TREES! is complete there was a lot of them to replace with Origin saplings but the biome is restored.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Not the bees!
What add bees to the nether? Big bees that is.

I think it's biome's o plenty that adds them.

and dang saice, you sure have been busy. and just incase you're planning to make the smeltery more automated or bigger, the transfer nodes of Extra Utilties also work on the table/basin. just plunk a node on the bottom of them and attach the node with pipes to a chest, the node will then automatically take the items from the table/basin and puts them in the chest. liquid transfer nodes also work ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not the bees!
What add bees to the nether? Big bees that is.

As Yusunoha pointed out BoP added them. Kind of cool no real use for the blocks at the moment it seems other then looks. But still a nice adventure when i found them.

Dang saice, you sure have been busy. and just incase you're planning to make the smeltery more automated or bigger, the transfer nodes of Extra Utilties also work on the table/basin. just plunk a node on the bottom of them and attach the node with pipes to a chest, the node will then automatically take the items from the table/basin and puts them in the chest. liquid transfer nodes also work ;)

Its my weekend off so I got a bunch done more stuff in bound post soon. And yeah I knew about the transfer nodes just hoppers were quick and easy and ender pearls are still vary rare at the moment no ender access yet. I only have a hand full of them at the moment.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So tonight plan was to blow my self up multiple times make some stuff with the sigil. One of the last things I had to try was making an Unstable Ingot Block.

took two tries but there it is.

The it was off to build a library type building for enchanting, Thaumcraft, blood magic, and Ars magica. I wanted it to look different the what will be the rest of the town and give it a more highclass educated folks live in this sort of feel.

Here is a kind of step by step you can see I changed my mind in a few places while working and I want to do something to top the building off but not sure yet so I left it flat for now.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Looking really nice there. It is these kind of builds that keeps me motivated playing SSP. :3