Shoop LP [Season 3 restart] [Ended 2/10/14]

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Don'tcha just love the cyan umberella added by metallurgy :p

hey, you can't leave your house without your diamond umbrella now can you? ;)

Yeah I did not bother to make a replacement to my lost TiCo pick before digging through the nether to dave's portal.

Sorry nothing much else happened last night just a lot of digging.

I did end up getting all my patterns for TiCo made and made some new gear but thats about it.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
So Saice, if you don't mind, could you tell me how you solved that error when connecting? Can't connect to my server, get the same error (although for different items) :S

Nevermind, it's fixed :)

Last edited:

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you got it fixed.

Actually there has been a few reports of configs not unpacking correctly for some users and there is a problem with compact windmills host sometimes giving people a 0 byte file. If you run into trouble I suggest hitting up the G+ gourp or the ResRise forums.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I did not bother to make a replacement to my lost TiCo pick before digging through the nether to dave's portal.

Sorry nothing much else happened last night just a lot of digging.

I did end up getting all my patterns for TiCo made and made some new gear but thats about it.

well, everything big starts with something small ;)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So its been odd.

My apple saplings stopped growing in all places but one single block on my island.

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

I was at a total loss until I noticed something.

This is my island after the last big update

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

And this is the same island when i first found it.

New lands!
by Saice, on Flickr

Noticed what changed? All the tress that used to be bright green and drop Origin saplings now are Brown and drop Dying Saplings. I think this is the cause of my problem. F3 still says I am in an Origin valley and I have a few Origin Saplings that I was able to get to grow so I hope to return the island back to its super bright green. No idea why it changed and not really sure if it is the reason for my apples to stop growing but I suspect it is.

But on to other projects.

Docks check

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

And the vary start of a warehouse

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

Dock and Stuff
by Saice, on Flickr

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
looking real nice. maybe there's a BoP mechanic that changes biomes into a different kind of biome? I'd try and ask dave about this as it might be a bug aswell

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I cant leave my island like this so I started farming my handful of Origin trees to repopulate the island with green.

And damn I really am starting to hate these little armored buggers.

2013-11-20_06.14.54
by Saice, on Flickr

ikr, and the damn buggers don't even light on fire
bear traps from open blocks are perfect for those damn buggers though

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
So.... Warehouse.

I installed chests and a Mek sorting system that I am still programing slowly. OreDic entries seem to work then randomly stop working so no idea what that is I might have to do item stacks for everything. But here is it is a few chest for general item categories and some barrels for bulk mats. Note the super secret door. Over all I wanted to look like a warehouse with crates and stuff.

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

Warehouse 23
by Saice, on Flickr

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
hurray for chisel I think it actually looks like you have crates maby add a desk and some file cabnets so it really looks like someone works their :D

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Are those barrels upside down or did I get teleported to Australia?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Are those barrels upside down or did I get teleported to Australia?

They are upside down so that I can pipe items into them from the floor.

hurray for chisel I think it actually looks like you have crates maby add a desk and some file cabnets so it really looks like someone works their :D

Moar Dock/warehouse
by Saice, on Flickr

Saice, I'll op you so you can re-tree your island.

Biomes o Plenty cannot calm down.

Yeah I'll problly take you up on that. It been really slow murdering skeletons and farming/replanting origin trees.

On a side note Punts.

Moar Dock/warehouse
by Saice, on Flickr

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
as a side I figured out the weirdness with apple saplings.

They DO NOT grow on the origin grass.

But do grow perfectly fine on dirt. I was able to place dirt down, a sapling, and hit it with bone meal and BAM apple tree.

No idea why it only works on dirt now but it explains why I thought only one block on my island would work.

They also work on grass in other biomes so it is just the origin valley grass that blocks their growth. Weird I know.