Open Server Beauty in Simplicity | Enhanced Adventures Modpack [1.5] | Open | Economy | MobArena

• This section is now closed. Server owners can remake their threads in the new server section here. If you are looking for a server you can use both this section and the new section for the time being.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I watched both of those earlier today.

Been exploring a little bit. On the ocean there were several little platforms with chests and a pumpkin light. Where those player or mod generated?

Also I found a floating platform village that was very symmetric with empty 9x9 blocks. Did you guys build that?

So far the exploration and dungeons here are pretty cool. Really hope someone continues a server with this modpack.

farside_jake

Jul 29, 2019
most of those things are mod generated. I really hope you get permission to update the pack! And I still hop on from time to time. :)

Also I finaly got around to making that tinkers construct tutorial... be warned however it is an hour long, oops.

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
farside_jake said:
most of those things are mod generated. I really hope you get permission to update the pack! And I still hop on from time to time. :)

When? We can do some adventuring, even though my gear is pretty sucky at this point. For some reason I spawned in that little inn outside the redwood spawn base. Did not even realize there was a beginning kit.

EnhancedAdventures

Jul 29, 2019
Okay. Since Promaster may be out for a while; I reckon he may not get back to me regarding continuing the pack in development. What I'll do is get the server reordered as well as have
the addition of the Thirst Mod I mentioned prior. Players will be able to add this mod to their packs easily and I believe it will greatly aid the Survival/Adventure aspect of the pack. I would like to perform
a map reset to make such alterations better and easier.

Sound good?

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this thread is the working forum for this server. That being said........

We should discuss some possible community projects for when it gets reset.

farside_jake

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this thread is the working forum for this server. That being said........

We should discuss some possible community projects for when it gets reset.

portal network! using the dial devices... stargates!

also looking forward to the new airship mechanic!

sir_schwick

Jul 29, 2019
Portal networks could be ad hoc or have some sort of organization with their call signs. An idea with some thoughts. Slight wall of text so be warned:

There would be three type of dial numbers:
- Public - This is for the network of public portals people use for general exploration and fast travel.
- Property Entrance - This network is the front gate for all permanent server residents plots. Once they choose a plot, they would get the supplies from the server or have marked out where their entrance portal would be. Numbers would likely be optional listed/unlisted.
- Local - These networks are claimed and used by players or occasionally the server for specific local purposes. This includes in base/land transport, dungeons, etc. They should not be listed in public lists to avoid clutter.

At the beginning of every portal address would be 2 call signs known as the Network ID. The Public and Property Entrance networks each have a single ID. Local networks have one ID unique to each network. This should keep people from spilling over.

On Property Entrance numbers there would be an additional 3 symbols. This should leave plenty of unique Property numbers so everyone have one.

Local numbers would have an additional 4 symbols to utilize. This should leave plenty of available portals for at least a couple local projects per Network ID.

Public numbers would be the most complicated. First you would have a 3-5 call sign Hub ID. This routing ID tells you the abstracted route you took from the center portal to the portal hub where you land. Second is a 3 call sign Portal ID. The main hub with nice structure around it would have a default 000 type Portal ID. This is useful if their are fun or useful features near a particular hub. It would also add some coherence to any server maps that are eventually made.

I see two possibilities for how public portals are arranged.
First is the Cartesian grid. The Hub ID would be the next step you take (N/S/E/W/SW/SE/NW/NE/0). It is easy to calculate where new hubs should be located and write numbers. Unfortunately there would be a lot of possibilities for each number, although a lack of numbers should not be an issue.
Second is the Polar grid. The Hub ID would be a radius and which quadrant relative to the center the Hub is in. This would require a little trigonometry to figure out new hub locations. Also reading the hub address would not give you as much a sense of journey as the Cartesian grid. However it would use less numbers making creating numbers easier.