(Unleashed) The Abstract Challenge Map [WIP] [Skyblock]

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
Progress is slow right now, guys. Sorry. School is really intense right now, but hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. What do you all think about having a 1.6 version?

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
Progress is slow right now, guys. Sorry. School is really intense right now, but hopefully I'll get some time this weekend. What do you all think about having a 1.6 version?
I would play it! :)

EDIT cus I just saw this bit:
[THINGS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION]:
1. The "Got Stuck?" portion of the map. This one will be slightly difficult. The plan is to unlock the area once a player dies. However, right now I have no idea how to do that. :)

I think the best way to do that would be to set it up so that when the player dies, they spawn in a new area with a button (labelled "Unlock Got Stuck Room" and linked with wireless redstone or something to open up the got stuck area. Or even just a gold key and lock the got stuck area with warded stuff) and a mystcraft portal (which leads back to the starting room), and probably a bed. Basically, set the spawn in that death room, then just save the map while standing in the starting room. That SHOULD work, I think.

Couldn't hurt to put one of those chandelier things in the death room, too, just to keep mobs out.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
If you want to do what narc said but have the get stuck requirement get unlocked after completing a certain challenge, you can use a command block to reset the spawn point after completing a certain challenge.

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I think the best way to do that would be to set it up so that when the player dies, they spawn in a new area with a button (labelled "Unlock Got Stuck Room" and linked with wireless redstone or something to open up the got stuck area.

Problem is, how would I "set that up"? I know a MiscPeripherals peripheral can detect chat stuff, but can it detect when a death message comes up on the chat? All I need is a way to detect deaths, and output an RS signal. That is something I can work with.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea. I was actually thinking of vanilla mechanics. Basically, you set the default spawn to the "Death Room" using a bed or something. Then, before you upload the map, you just move to the spawn room, turn off creative, then Save and Exit. The death room should have a button that unlocks the Got Stuck area, and a mystcraft portal that leads back to the spawn room, using an intra-linking book.

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
If memory serves one of the original Feed the Beast maps had a death chest feature that was unlocked by standing and breaking an obsidian block that is on top of a chest. You only really wanted to stand and break the block if you had lost something when you died otherwise it's something like 5 minutes to break the block by hand. You could even do it with a command teleport block and some mffs security to take all the stuff in the players inventory to make sure that people can't use any kind of tool to break the block.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
If memory serves one of the original Feed the Beast maps had a death chest feature that was unlocked by standing and breaking an obsidian block that is on top of a chest. You only really wanted to stand and break the block if you had lost something when you died otherwise it's something like 5 minutes to break the block by hand. You could even do it with a command teleport block and some mffs security to take all the stuff in the players inventory to make sure that people can't use any kind of tool to break the block.
Not the point of the request. He's trying to detect death because it will be needed for a challenge, not resupply lost items.

Bungzi

Jul 29, 2019
[THINGS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION]:
1. The "Got Stuck?" portion of the map. This one will be slightly difficult. The plan is to unlock the area once a player dies. However, right now I have no idea how to do that. :)

I'm sorry if I misunderstood this but it sure sounds like to me to he's trying to help people who are "stuck" and either can't figure out how to get something or lost something in a death, thus the point of unlocking only after a death.

OldDogy

Jul 29, 2019
I must ask how long would it take to make a map like this: http://imgur.com/a/ezXAB
with no in-game challenges only one rule, how far can you get, but without using the mistcraft... because that's just plain cheat mode for challenge maps of this type :p (of course no item spawning and cheating at all)

OldDogy

Jul 29, 2019
I know how to make an void world and add a block in it with mcedit, but i have no idea what needs to be done to make the rest of the world's like nether and twilight forest , is it as simple as going around and deleting chunks ? in a certain radius ? in every world or what :?
I just want to make a challenge like that so that a few friends and I would be forced to explore some mods deeper, and increase our knowledge of the unleashed mod-pack, and our ultimate challenge would be get to the endgame with every mod.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The problem with that is relying on random loot. I would rather not wait until I get just the right loot bag with just the right items to progress. Having that bottleneck is really deterrent.

And to make that? superflat world with only one layer of air, then angel block and NEI. (you might have to go into vanilla creative mode to actually get the bedrock, but still.)

For other dimensions, you can either simulate them with mystcraft, and do a bit of RP where when you make the portal, replace it with the linking book to the void age of that dimension, or just generate a bunch of chunks in the dimension and MCEdit the blocks out. If you delete the chinks, they will just regenerate with natural world generation. The latter method gives you a limited amount of void space, while the former requires mystcraft books and good age-writing. To ensure that your age is not corrupted, before you hop in for the first time, make sure cheats arre on and do "/myst-toggleWorldInstability false"

OldDogy

Jul 29, 2019
but those bags are exactly what makes it interesting, when you get a certain item in the loot bag then you explore what you can do with it and how you can use it most efficiently. :)
when you have only certain items given, then there is only that one way that the map creator wants you to get to a certain point
i want the freedom :D of hitting my head up gains the wall o_O

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
necro, and it has been around half a year, so it probably just broke at some point

nat2601

Jul 29, 2019
looks nice dude!!! problem though, when i click the link it says it has been moved or deleted