FTB & 1.6.4

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryahn

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to find anywhere there is a post or information on feed the beast support up to 1.6.4 and possibly using Voltz (or something along those lines). So far all the searching has lead me to nothing that would give me an answer, so I thought I ask here to get some information on the case.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, there's been no official announcement about official FTB 1.6.x packs yet, but word on the streets is "Soon™".

Reactions: Ryahn

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, there's been no official announcement about official FTB 1.6.x packs yet, but word on the streets is "Soon™".

well, slowpoke had the intention of not releasing a 1.6 pack and instead move straight onto 1.7, but he hasn't been saying that anymore recently and there are words of new packs being worked on so...

Ryahn

Jul 29, 2019
I will keep my eye out for the newest update. I am liking some of the items in Voltz. Thanks for the info.

SuperLuigi10

Jul 29, 2019
Have there been any posts regarding the progress of the new launcher recently? I have not heard anything. With Ars Magica 2 coming out very soon I think that Direwolf20 will be ready to release a 1.6 pack when the launcher is ready.

herbycanopy

Jul 29, 2019
I can wait as long as it takes for the new launcher but it is the lack of information that is a shame...but Herby to the rescue...lol. Here is a conversiation I had with a staff member.

I understand that but as of the last word on the launcher is sounds like the launcher is finished but you are not releasing it because you are now working on making the mod packs. The thing that you all are forgetting is that you are not the only people that use the FTB launcher for making mod packs.

It would help out lots of people if one of the many many people that are involved in the FTB project would take 5 minutes every two or three months and give an update on large projects like the launcher. On May 27th, 2013 there was a great topic that gave great information about this new laucher. Then July 1st, 2013 Minecraft 1.6.0 came out and since then the launcher has not been updated to play 1.6.x.

Since then the only real news about the laucher was this "p.s. yes there is a new launcher, yes it is coming soon, yes we are working on packs for 1.6.2. more details will come over time." Posted on the launcher ob September 27th, 2013...as an after thought.

It just seem like you all care more about trying to turn this into a way of making money then you do about the product, game, or people that use your product. If not then why has no one spent 5 minutes to let people know what is going on May 27th was a long time to just wait for news...and for people like me we just want to know every few months what is going on...I did not think that was to much to ask for but it must be.

its not finished yet, we showed everyone a sneak peak of what we have done so far, but we have been releasing progress updates with the launcher almost every month (you just must not be seeing them since you are one of the very few people who are complaining) and the guys who make it sometimes even streams making it. I am not entirely sure of the progress done on the launcher since that is not my department. But here is why it is taking a long time:
  • Completely new minecraft structure
  • Completely new authentification system
  • A lot of new features being added
We are aware that we are not the only people using the modpacks and you cant expect us (who have a team of around 20 and only 5 working on the launcher) to whip out the new launcher. Ever heard of the common problem in software creation where you aim to release your software so quickly that it just creates problems in the long run? that happened with our original launcher. We had many problems because of a bad authentification system. Updates would not be rolled out correctly and so forth. That is one thing we want to do properly this time, and that needs a lot more attention payed to it.
Now about that last comment. Only one person is doing the whole business/money thing and that is slowpoke. He does NOT make the launcher, he only assists in the development of packs and is the main social media for our information. I should also point out that none of us are getting paid and it is not our obligation to work, but we are doing it for the love of the game and our affect on the community. If something happens in real life, then why should we just put down real life to work on the pack? We do work long hours, (not much for me since there are no new packs) there is usually someone working on this every moment of the day.
Our Updates:
May 27:
Our Ideas for how the program will work
Jun 28: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/1h9knz/ftb_launcher_devs_aua/ This was an AUA
Aug 25: http://www.gamrmag.com/exclusive-new-ftb-launcher-and-website-preview/
Sep 5: http://puu.sh/4ju36.jpg info about being able to skin launchers
Sep 27:
Current Status
Most of this is found on the feed the beast reddit and twitter
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/
Twitter FTB: https://twitter.com/FTB_Team
Twitter Slowpoke: https://twitter.com/Slowpoke101

well I am not in charge of getting information out, if you wanna talk about this, talk to slowpoke. All i do is changelogs

True true...Thank you for you time in both talking with me and your work that you do for the modding community. I hope that you know and understand that even though I can be blunt at times I really am only trying to help the same modding community because to me communication is the most important part of any and all companies.

Mahalo Braha
Herby

As you can see I do not think they care if we (the customers) get information or not because the expect us to look all over the web for news updates when it would make more since to make the customers come here for the news updates not to websites like poop...oops I mean puu. I do not have time to look at every gaming website like gamrmag just in case FTB whats to inform us of the news there.

Have there been any posts regarding the progress of the new launcher recently? I have not heard anything. With Ars Magica 2 coming out very soon I think that Direwolf20 will be ready to release a 1.6 pack when the launcher is ready.
I think FTB and DW20 are kinda waiting on each other before they release so that when the launcher is ready then the pack will be ready. Without news though all we can do is hope that the coding for everything goes as smooth for the programmers.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
There will be no FTB packs for 1.6 until the new launcher is released, due to changes in the way mods are installed. Also, IIRC during Slow's stream a couple days ago there will be Unleashed for 1.6. They are also waiting on a few mods to update.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
I recommend ATLauncher if you want 1.6.4 now.

Oh, thanks - I've been trying to figure out a way of playing Resonant Rise for a while now, and just gave up after my Googling wasn't providing any results - every source basically just said "It's not ready yet" or "private testing only" or similar.

Glad to see it's finally been released! I've been needing my 1.6.x Tech mod fix. :p

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, thanks - I've been trying to figure out a way of playing Resonant Rise for a while now, and just gave up after my Googling wasn't providing any results - every source basically just said "It's not ready yet" or "private testing only" or similar.

Glad to see it's finally been released! I've been needing my 1.6.x Tech mod fix. :p

It's been released for months.

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
Disregarding the launcher updates (I think the new look is really cool),

I am curious as to why an official MC 1.x update isn't enough to warrant an official statement(like in news and all) on whether or not FTB is planning a version for that specific MC version.
From past experience it would seem that while time is taking for config editors to configure a config, and modpack managers to decide what mods end up in a pack, this has never quite been a reason to not update the "people" on what's what in FTB packs.
Now I'm not asking or demanding updates from the FTB team concerning 1.6, nor am I wondering why there has not been a 1.6 pack, I'm merely conveying ideas about how the team could go about informing their rather large user base about how relevant they consider a new Minecraft release vs an entire mod pack built for it no questions asked.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I have been trying to find anywhere there is a post or information on feed the beast support up to 1.6.4 and possibly using Voltz (or something along those lines). So far all the searching has lead me to nothing that would give me an answer, so I thought I ask here to get some information on the case.
Voltz? Here we call it ampz.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
sadly RR is always too laggy for me, even after trying to mess with permgen and such :(

I have tried to play RR. some of the mods i like, some i don't, that is just a matter of taste, but the thing that get's me every time i have tired it is the horrible lag i get from time to time. i suspect TC4... but there are just too many mods to figure out in a short timeframe. I'm on the verge of making my own modset tbh. i suspect it might be a faster way to get into 1.6.4 when all you really want is a particular set of mods you use often.
RR for me, feels a bit bloated with the sheer number of mod's added. but hey. i feel that even unleashed seems a tad bloated at times. there are several mods in unleashed i just never really use.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
I have tried to play RR. some of the mods i like, some i don't, that is just a matter of taste, but the thing that get's me every time i have tired it is the horrible lag i get from time to time. i suspect TC4... but there are just too many mods to figure out in a short timeframe. I'm on the verge of making my own modset tbh. i suspect it might be a faster way to get into 1.6.4 when all you really want is a particular set of mods you use often.
RR for me, feels a bit bloated with the sheer number of mod's added. but hey. i feel that even unleashed seems a tad bloated at times. there are several mods in unleashed i just never really use.

Yeah, I tried it and HOLY WOW it was laggy.. I eventually just gave up and pick-n-chose my favourite mods out of the available to make my own little bundle. Fixed the lag issues, and lots of the mods I would never have used aren't there anymore! (As much as I like mods like Railcraft and Steve's Carts.. I never find myself using them :<)

I'm surprised it was laggy considering this PC runs Sonic Ether's Shaders on Ultra / Far / Fancy at 60+ FPS.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

I ended up doing that, but the modlist I put together right now is just mostly on the magic side. I'd love to be able to put together a pack like Unleashed myself, but it's quite hard to get everything working together, have everything balanced and ontop of that, have everything running smooth.

but yea, RR is quite... packed. it'd be nice if RR could have a subpack for testing purposes and trying out new mods instead of having just 1 pack that changes so much.
people can always say to just stick to an older version, but we've got to get our hands on new shinies!

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up doing that, but the modlist I put together right now is just mostly on the magic side. I'd love to be able to put together a pack like Unleashed myself, but it's quite hard to get everything working together, have everything balanced and ontop of that, have everything running smooth.

but yea, RR is quite... packed. it'd be nice if RR could have a subpack for testing purposes and trying out new mods instead of having just 1 pack that changes so much.
people can always say to just stick to an older version, but we've got to get our hands on new shinies!

I used to do it myself. man is it a lot of work, not only that. whenever there are updates you got to do it all over again. it's kinda... frustrating.. after a while, but once you got everything set up like you want. damn is it a lot of fun. and by all means. a lot more balanced than most large packs ever gets.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I used to do it myself. man is it a lot of work, not only that. whenever there are updates you got to do it all over again. it's kinda... frustrating.. after a while, but once you got everything set up like you want. damn is it a lot of fun. and by all means. a lot more balanced than most large packs ever gets.

I'm usually kind of stuck when deciding I want to play the game easy, hard, challenging or most efficient, so that always makes me not able to make a decision when it comes to configurations xD

Status
Not open for further replies.