Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel Factory (Unleashed Survival SMP)

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I do use power converters too. But some servers do not like the "over-powered" aspect of the mod.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I do use power converters too. But some servers do not like the "over-powered" aspect of the mod.

Unless they remove all of mystcraft, dartcraft, soulshards, mfr, thaumcraft, reliquary, gravisuite, mps, compact solars, advanced solars, parts of IC2/TE/Forestry/Factorization and a few others I can't remember it is hard to take server admins like that seriously. Balance is probably the rarest resource in modded Minecraft, they're not going to magically produce it by banning a few blocks. Minecraft is a sandbox, FTB is just a sandbox with more toys in it. I say the more toys the better. :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Fah. People would have a lot more fun if they played the game and didn't complain about things being overpowered.

Are you manually placing the panels?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
The 320 I put on top of the factory, yes. I haven't placed any other ones. They're just piling up. I pull most of them out of the system and throw them into a warded chest once a day.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
This project is awesome :)

I specially like the part where you removed the flowers outside for performance issues LOL.

Im always scared of building anything big because i dont know if my server can handle it :(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
The 320 I put on top of the factory, yes. I haven't placed any other ones. They're just piling up. I pull most of them out of the system and throw them into a warded chest once a day.

automate the placing of the panels :p

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Its a block that breaks silk-touched ores with a configurable level of fortune (up to 3).

Its basically a partner for the drill, because it extracts the silk-touched block instead of the drops.

Oh. What do you think I should do with the Nether Ores? Will the Silk Touch work on them also?
Never mind.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
So, since it wasn't answered before I'll ask again in case it was missed.

Any chance of a world download for this?

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
So, since it wasn't answered before I'll ask again in case it was missed.

Any chance of a world download for this?

It is on a server I don't have admin for, the map is over a gig, and my upstream peaks at 60kb/sec, so there is no chance of me managing an upload.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
It is on a server I don't have admin for, the map is over a gig, and my upstream peaks at 60kb/sec, so there is no chance of me managing an upload.

That just makes me sad, but I understand. I would have loved to explore this properly myself. Perhaps more pics then?

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Well lets see, I'm not sure. I don't use texture packs myself but I can (more or less) see what things are with Sphax. When I asked for more pictures I didn't really think about what I'd really like to see besides absolutely everything, but that could be a lot of pictures. You asking the question made me go back through the picture you have posted and look at them and think what I wanted to see in greater detail and came up with the below. In any case, this is a really great job you have done.

I'll pose what I want various questions,

• I notice you don't have much lighting visible, is this intentional or because of the magnum torches not required? I noticed the adding of some lights in the later pics.
  • You get some idea from the pictures but how does it all connect together? (Floors and such) Like how do you get from the basement to the top level (I think I see some stairs in one pic)
  • Is it just one really big basement or does the basement have layers?
  • Things next to the magnum torch near the essence production are spot loaders I take it?
  • The generators in the machine room were an early design choice or just ways of using up all the coal coke?
  • I'll make this one the last question for now, How are you actually crafting the panels? You mention the level emitter setting up the build order but does that mean you have many emitters
Well thanks in advance for the above.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'll answer the questions first and then backfill with pictures.

I didn't have any lighting at all other than magnum torches for most of it. Added those redstone lamps in the floor/walls of the basement later on just so pictures wouldn't be so dark. Looking back at it I see a lamp one level too high, will fix.

Is just the basement and first floor, with one staircase. I have MPS so I just fly through the hole over the tree farm most of the time. Put the stairs in for any visitors who can't fly. Should probably put a ladder in for rooftop access but don't like how any of the ladders look. Maybe I'll let some vine grow on one of the outside walls.

Yeah, I have 6 spotloaders. I eventually covered those up with slabs. I use spotloaders because I've never had a chunk reset with them whereas I've had a few with chunkloaders.

There aren't any generators in there. Maybe what you're thinking are generators are the recyclers up on the wall? I stopped using scrap because of a bug in 1.1.3 and I have enough panels in the roof that I don't need it at this point in either case. Mass fab is even more bugged in 1.1.4, unfortunately, so I have to break and replace it every day.

I have a level emitter set to always craft a panel whenever there is > 500 refined uranium in the system. I have a bunch of other level emitters controlling soime pre-crafting for stuff like carbon plates, refined uranium, coal chunks, etc., just so the crafting isn't really slowed down by waiting on all the compressing that needs done. Lastly there is a bank of level emitters that dump excess materials into a row of chests which a router then empties into an enderchest going back to my main system. That is why most of the storage monitors are around 5k, that is the tipping point for those emitters.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Some pics with vanilla textures.

Recyclers, disconnected from main power.
iG5JK4T.jpg

Basement.
jIkjMip.jpg

Xoz8ghB.jpg

Inside high.
Ds3oRfj.jpg

Outside high, with chunk boundary overlay. Put the external walls in unloaded chunks to maximize internal floor space. Didn't end up needing it.
7e8Yp6m.jpg

Molecular Assembler Chamber patterns. Been using Sphax so long that this view is very confusing. Looks like I have some weird recipes in there but I do not.
ZLn84Wn.jpg

Tinker's Construct Drawbridge door with iron bars. Separates the front entry area from the rest of the factory. These drawbridge blocks are a lot of fun.
xMwUpZX.jpg

Level emitters controlling dump of excess materials back to main base, row of iron chests, router, ender chest. Probably a cleaner way to do this.
CQllMeK.jpg

Current stock of panels. :) You'll notice we've added Waila to the modpack.
DrfxRZW.jpg

Reactions: PhantomRage

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I love WAILA, it's so friggin darn useful, though it's sad it kind of bugs out with Thaumcraft trees and plants :(
but I really love what you're doing with your base now, I'm playing a thaumcraft centered pack right now for 1.6.4 but seeing this makes me want to go back to Unleashed

I don't know how good you're at computercraft, but for the iron fence door you could use a player detector like direwolf is using in his forgecraft series right now. it'll detect when a certain player gets close to it and will release or disable a redstone signal, much cooler then a lever IMHO :p

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
That makes everything look different, guess I don't know my sphax textures as well as I thought with the recycler mess up.

You can craft native ore clusters? I didn't know you could.

This gives a much clearer view on how everything is put together, thanks for this.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
That's what I meant by looks weird, those aren't native ore clusters and that isn't a thauminomicon. :) I'll do a shot in Sphax.

Hmm, they were messed up with any texture pack. I don't know how these installs seemingly mess themselves up without me doing anything but playing the game. I did a force update and they're back the way they should be.

Here are the MAC patterns in 64x Sphax.

sslv4Vr.jpg

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
now that looks more like it would create the solar panels, with the other one I just assumed you had them crafting from an interface, even tho you haven't used very many of them.