Electric engine power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Section9Chief

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so I had electric engines running just fine on ftb ultimate but they don't seem to work so well on unleashed. Namely, I have two electric engines running off an mfe with glass fibre cabling, but even though the mfe is almost full, when I watch the ee interface, it intermittently pops up that there's no fuel and the quarry only seems to work sporadically. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
It may be that they need more packets for the engines to do their work. Like overclocking machines but not adding a battery upgrade. So just plonk down a LV transformer adjacent to the MFE or a wire and make it 3 dots face the MFE's current and then just use either side(s) of the transformer. Then the engines can get smaller packets faster.

Section9Chief

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I tried putting in an LV-Transformer and this did improve the situation but only just. I still get "No Fuel" from time to time. I'm confused :(

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Though I have no experience with EU in 1.5.2, adding the transformer shouldn't make a difference.

The electrical engine can accept all voltages of energy, aside from ultra-high and will produce the same amount of power, regardless. The only problem I can see from this situation is that you don't have enough energy going into your MFE. How you've set up the MFE -> Engine part should be correct, which leaves the EU -> MFE connection. How are you generating this EU?

I don't think you are required to generate 256 EU/t, rather you need at least 256 EU in your MFE every time the engines request energy from the MFE, since the engines will be requesting 128 EU packets from the MFE. To my understanding, if you look at the pulsing bar inside of the ee's interface, you will see that it'll pulse more slowly as your EU packets get larger. This is where I have come up with this conclusion.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
What tubes do you have in it? Aren't standard electrical engines only 2-4mj a tick? Your quarry might be acting up becasue it's just not getting enough MJ. I know they are bit cheap but you might want to use power converters if you have that option.
Quarries in vanilla BC have a Max intake of 60Mj/t and apparently GT upps that to 100Mj/t. 2 electric engines doesn't sound like it will cut it.

Draemor

Jul 29, 2019
I have a 1x2 room with my generator, quarry, electric engine all my pipes and the chests they go to. I jumped in today and a creeper had spawned inside this innacessible room, thus destroying about 3 hours work. Rightfully infuriated, I switched on creative mode an set about fixing it. However when I placed down my engine it would not take power from the generator, from cables or otherwise. It would give power to the quarry if supplied, but it would not receive energy from the generator itself. Any reason why my setup suddenly doesn't work anymore?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Try and post a screenshot of what you are trying to do. A picture tells a thousand words.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Necro much?

ZBK2xgw.jpg

Reactions: TheAbstractHippo