Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to know the range of the ExtraUtilities Ender-Thermic Pump?
Not sure, but an easy way to test it is to go into creative, find a large lava lake, attach a redstone energy cell to it and a void pipe to void the lava

That should make it chew through 1 source block per tick, you'll soon find out about the range I would imagine

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I've heard people say "why would you want more than one matter fab, just feed it more power". Clearly that is not correct.

In 1.4.7 the matter fab would run as fast as you could power it, so it was true then. But the production speed got limited in 1.5.x versions of GregTech.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.4.7 the matter fab would run as fast as you could power it, so it was true then. But the production speed got limited in 1.5.x versions of GregTech.
From hear-say (not from verifiable sources) it was reduced to using 8192/p and 8192/t.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
It can accept up to 8192 EU/p - that's packet size, not power.

It can accept an infinite amount of EU/t - that's power - from any side you wish. sso long as you stay within the packet size limit.

However, no matter how much power you feed it, it will only produce UU-matter at a rate of 8192 EU/t drawn from its internal buffer. You can fill the buffer as fast as you want, but the machine will never produce faster than that.

Oh.. So if i supply it more than 8192 on each side it is kind of useful then?

Packet size means that max input allowed on each side?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
From hear-say (not from verifiable sources) it was reduced to using 8192/p and 8192/t.

Yes, that's precisely what I said above.

Oh.. So if i supply it more than 8192 on each side it is kind of useful then?

Packet size means that max input allowed on each side?

Don't you mean "useLESS"? :p

Packet size is independent of sides. A machine either accepts a packet of a certain size or it does not (and summarily detonates).

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that's precisely what I said above.

Don't you mean "useLESS"? :p

Packet size is independent of sides. A machine either accepts a packet of a certain size or it does not (and summarily detonates).

Ah yeah typo from the auto correction lol.

So if i want to add more powers to the matter fabricator i must not inputted more than 8192 eu on each side then?

Because i still don't understand the meaning of packet

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, any know if there's a problem with the MFR harvester 1.5.2 dropping harvesting seeds? i don't know if its a 1.5.2 bug. my wheat has slowly been reducing to nothingness. i know in 1.4.7 and previous versions hitting wheat and therefore harvesting wheat (or plants in general) would produce more than one drop. i'm getting a very slowly dying harvests which i'nm finding weird. if not, irritating as i'm trying to setup seed oil for bee production. should i just swap out to multi-farm?

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, any know if there's a problem with the MFR harvester 1.5.2 dropping harvesting seeds? i don't know if its a 1.5.2 bug. my wheat has slowly been reducing to nothingness. i know in 1.4.7 and previous versions hitting wheat and therefore harvesting wheat (or plants in general) would produce more than one drop. i'm getting a very slowly dying harvests which i'nm finding weird. if not, irritating as i'm trying to setup seed oil for bee production. should i just swap out to multi-farm?

No problem on my side. Maybe you set it up wrong?

I even use the mfr farm on 3 different kind of farms and it works well

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to go around the mycelium's inability to be tilled or planted on?
I'm aware that replacing mycelium with dirt works.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Because i still don't understand the meaning of packet

A block outputs one packet per tick.

One ADSU can output 8192 EU/t. In that case, packet size is 8192 EU/p because there is 1 packet per tick. Sixteen MFSUs can also output 8192 EU/t. In that case, there are 16 packets of 512 EU each tick, thus the packet size is 512 EU/p.

So despite the fact that in both cases you have the same power of 8192 EU/t, you have different packet sizes. It's not just the amount that matters, but also how it is transported. 8192 EU/t @ 8192 EU/p is different from 8192 EU/t @ 512 EU/p. For example, the latter will work with glass fiber cables while the former will melt anything short of superconductors.

reddvilzz

Jul 29, 2019
A block outputs one packet per tick.

One ADSU can output 8192 EU/t. In that case, packet size is 8192 EU/p because there is 1 packet per tick. Sixteen MFSUs can also output 8192 EU/t. In that case, there are 16 packets of 512 EU each tick, thus the packet size is 512 EU/p.

So despite the fact that in both cases you have the same power of 8192 EU/t, you have different packet sizes. It's not just the amount that matters, but also how it is transported. 8192 EU/t @ 8192 EU/p is different from 8192 EU/t @ 512 EU/p. For example, the latter will work with glass fiber cables while the former will melt anything short of superconductors.

Ah now i get it thanks :D.

So if say i want to supply 8192eu on the matter using ultimate hybrid solar panels i still can use the fiber glass cable to supply it instead of using the superconductors right? Because ultimate solar have 512eu / p

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
What are you trying to extract the seeds with? I've had issues with an import bus - had to switch to transport pipes.

A harvester doesn't have an inventory (which an import bus needs to pull from), it puts the stuff it harvests in an adjacent inventory (or drops it on the ground), so you have to use an interface to get the stuff into your ae network (or put an inventory like a chest close to the harvester and import from there, but that requires more work and space).

Reactions: Museli

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019

It's setup exactly the same as 1.4.7 build. AE export plus power in = planter. Import out, power in and liquids ts out. Set on the same axis = harvesters. I e two farms recently setup and neither seem to be producing seeds.[DOUBLEPOST=1378125529][/DOUBLEPOST]

It's setup exactly the same as 1.4.7 build. AE export plus power in = planter. Import out, power in and liquiducts out. Set on the same axis = harvesters. I set two up farms recently setup and neither seem to be producing seeds.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is the harvester putting the stuff in the chest? And you have the provider pipe on the chest? Do all your pipes have enough power? (Four green little square dots). Are the sections of pipe which connect to the inventory red and the section connecting to the rest of the pipes green?
Is this an isolated section of your l.p. system, and if so, do you have inventory connectors to connect it up to the rest of your system (this is just in case you haven't done that, if it's a little isolated system then it will need another power junction, but if it's connected via pipes or an inventory connector and something like a tesseract, then it doesn't need a separate one).
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
It started working for no apparent reason some time yesterday. I'm sure I didn't change anything, but now everything's being pulled from the chest. This little planter/harvester rig is my only LP system so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1378130216][/DOUBLEPOST]
...irritating as i'm trying to setup seed oil for bee production. should i just swap out to multi-farm?
Have you tried growing pumpkins on IC2 crop sticks? I've heard that MFR harvesters can harvest them, and they're a great source of seed oil, but you have to craft them into seeds first.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
What are you trying to extract the seeds with? I've had issues with an import bus - had to switch to transport pipes.

ok, this makes more sense. i'm doing exactly that. currently, basic import bus. did you change up on the different buses. cause i was about to do that and see if it made a change. not up to scratch on LP yet but given the situation and advise may need to implement something of that kind.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
It started working for no apparent reason some time yesterday. I'm sure I didn't change anything, but now everything's being pulled from the chest. This little planter/harvester rig is my only LP system so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1378130216][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried growing pumpkins on IC2 crop sticks? I've heard that MFR harvesters can harvest them, and they're a great source of seed oil, but you have to craft them into seeds first.

haven't done that since tekkit. found to be a pain, albeit, theres a better reason to produce seedlings these days. i'll try swapping round the import system first and see what happens.