best way to get rid of flux

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hermos

Jul 29, 2019
so i have noticed a high flux at my base
and its not that big of a deal since i have my golems which will take down every wisp
but sometimes my villagers gets killed by the wisps before the golems have defeated it
the problem that these wisps are starting to kill all my important villagers i had
and am afraid that they might even kill the most important villager of them all
the one which i consider him my emerald farm
so i trapped him inside a house and now he cant get out just incase the wisps come back
please tell me how to get rid of the flux
and they are annoying

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
If it's just the wisps you're worried about, you can encase the node that's spawning them with glass to keep them contained. The wisps spawning is what's going to clear up the flux, but it takes a while. Pure nodes from silverwoods help too, but they're also slow.

Moonridden

Jul 29, 2019
Theres a number of methods. If you caused the flux yourself, then I find it against my better judgement to help you. But other people have this issue too, due to poor home placement / lack of exploration.

A bee exists called the Pure Bee, which is part of Thaumic Bees. These bees pull aspects from the node, reducing it's flux levels over time. If you do not have an issue with cheating, a simple alveary with an auto bee breeder and a void pipe to take care of all their production is a great way to clean up flux until you can find a fix legitimately. This of course requires you to find the node responsible.

Another fix is to make a small pure node that resides inside your thaumcraft room. Pure nodes automatically remove flux that they contain, over time. Do this using Silverwood saplings, and a hoe of growth if you are excessively impatient.

Further, another fix (assuming you have an unstable node) is to swallow that one with a bigger standard or pure node. This removes the flux generation properties and can boost your current aura levels in the area. Would recommend following this up with crystal capacitors or a cycle of a restorative bee.

Reactions: MigukNamja

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know that wisps attacked villagers. I've had villagers in the same room with a large node and the wisps never bothered them. What's up with that?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need a pure node for flux to dorp over time. But it helps tons. All nodes have a sort of mimium flux they will try to get to and they do this by bleeding flux of by making wisps or events. Pure nodes can completely clear themslves of flux. While normal nodes will hang on to a little flux and dark nodes will actively keep all their flux and just keep spitting out wisps until the end of time.

To be honest the best thing you can do is box your node up that will remove wisps as being a issue just make sure you have space in side your box for the wisps to spawn otherwise they get pushed out. Getting a purse node is helpful but be careful the act of growing a silverwood tree itself creates some flux so go slow with that.

Also as pointed out there are some bees that can help if you want to go down that line.

A small side note Flux is prety much impossable to advoid while using TC. It is created anytime the amount of Vis does not make the Vis cap for a node. Plus or Minus the act of a node trying to get back to its default level is what is making flux. Also anytime you dump aspects unused into the envorment also creates flux.

Best advice I can give to any would be TC mage... don't rush it. Go slow. and if you do need to spam a bunch of flux go do it far away from your base.

Reactions: MigukNamja

hermos

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know that wisps attacked villagers. I've had villagers in the same room with a large node and the wisps never bothered them. What's up with that?

i dont know but i always see my villagers get attacked by flying wisps and my golems rarely defeat them in time

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
i dont know but i always see my villagers get attacked by flying wisps and my golems rarely defeat them in time

They also kill golems. I've a lost a couple straw and wooden golems to wisps. I have a normal node about 100 blocks from my house that refused to drop below high flux. So it was spitting out wisps. Eventually I went the pure bee route. With 6 hives next to the node I was able to get the node down to moderate flux. BTW: my TC experiments are done about 200 blocks away with other nodes between this on and where I have my mage tower at. So this node was naturally high flux as far as I can tell.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
They also kill golems. I've a lost a couple straw and wooden golems to wisps. I have a normal node about 100 blocks from my house that refused to drop below high flux.

While the bees where a good work around. It was most likely becuase the chunk the node was in was not being loaded all that often. Time is the great flux remover but for that to happen the node has to be in a loaded chunk. When I find random nodes like that near my base I just slap a chunk loader on them for a day or two and it clears it right up. .... Unless it is a dark node.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I usually try to do my TC stuff in a separate dimension. Sort of a "Not In My Backyard" policy.

Don't Chaos Nodes produce flux as well? Are they as bad as Dark Nodes?

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
my TC experiments are done about 200 blocks away with other nodes between this on and where I have my mage tower at. So this node was naturally high flux as far as I can tell.
It may have started naturally high, but working with TC can cause flux in nodes a decent distance away. As you work and the nearest node drains, it draws from nearby nodes to charge, then they draw from other nodes to charge, etc etc, causing flux the whole way. The safest way to do TC is in another dimension, even better a dedicated Mystcraft age.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I usually try to do my TC stuff in a separate dimension. Sort of a "Not In My Backyard" policy.

Don't Chaos Nodes produce flux as well? Are they as bad as Dark Nodes?

Choas, Dark, Fugly, or what ever you want to call it. if it looks like it is a black hole it is bad news.[DOUBLEPOST=1377120004][/DOUBLEPOST]
It may have started naturally high, but working with TC can cause flux in nodes a decent distance away. As you work and the nearest node drains, it draws from nearby nodes to charge, then they draw from other nodes to charge, etc etc, causing flux the whole way. The safest way to do TC is in another dimension, even better a dedicated Mystcraft age.

And this can even effect nodes that only load rarely so as you move around your base nodes on the outter edge of your range and load/unload builid up flux but not having any chance to get rid of it.

Remeber if the Node Vis is diffrent from its base level it is making flux. Does not mater why it has more or less.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
While the bees where a good work around. It was most likely becuase the chunk the node was in was not being loaded all that often. Time is the great flux remover but for that to happen the node has to be in a loaded chunk. When I find random nodes like that near my base I just slap a chunk loader on them for a day or two and it clears it right up. .... Unless it is a dark node.

Yeah... that is what I thought as well. So my 1st solution was to put a chunk loader right under the node. Kept it there for a long time and the node did not clean up. I've had the bees there for a few weeks now with a chunk loader and still the node stays moderate. I've never seen it a low or normal. I sometime wonder if moving the nodes around caused this? I created a pure node of about 300 right in front of my main base. Then moved that node around to absorb two other normal nodes. Eventually the pure node was placed in my mage tower.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
Chaos Nodes are not the same thing as Dark Nodes. Although apparently they're called Unstable? I must be thinking of the texture file being labeled chaos or something.
Both are nasty though. And the effects are similar enough if left unchecked, the only real difference is dark nodes spewing more wisps.

Terrible to live near either way. On my latest world I found a great spot to live, only to discover a bit later that my new house was ~30 blocks from a barrow hill with a 750ish vis dark node. Growing silverwoods to overpower it was a slow, painful, dangerous process.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Chaos Nodes are not the same thing as Dark Nodes. Although apparently they're called Unstable? I must be thinking of the texture file being labeled chaos or something.

Not saying they are the same thing. They are jsut all bad. If it looks evil it basicly will wreck your flux levels and bury you in wisps. Basicly it is has a swarling hole look to it you best box that thing up and move away

EDIT: probly should have advoided the term black hole. Both the dark and unstable have spirals one light one dark. Both raise flux levels. So both are bad news unless you can burry them in bees.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
In my most recent world I didn't have any aura where I set up my base the nearest was around 60 odd in any direction so all of the nodes I draw from are pure (and wasn't it a PITA growing the chain of trees to accomplish that) so flux is not something I'm worrying about at all, that said I am a very dirty thaumaturge and regularly dump lots of aspect into the aura but I make certain it is only things like herba\lignum\messis which even at stupidly high levels only have neutral or possibly even beneficial effects. I likes seeing pretty green wispys flying around the red and purple ones however...... eat Railgun lol.

OmegaJasam

Jul 29, 2019
I would actually NOT recommend sealing up the node to prevent spawns. Wisps spawning drops flux, and high amounts of certain types of flux can result in giant zombies and flaming bats. Both of which have a much wider spawn area.
Normally you need either a pure node or pure bees and time. I (think) that bigger nodes are more effective?
Also, make sure that you have no crystal clusters running.

I once made the mistake of creating more passive flux via clusters then I was cleaning up with my pure node. And then leaving the server running for a month.

The sky when I returned was full of flaming exploding bats. And my Golems were struggling with dozerns of giant zombies.

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I would actually NOT recommend sealing up the node to prevent spawns.
The trick is to not box it up too tight. If there's enough space the wisps still spawn, but they stay contained in the box until they despawn. Thay way the flux still goes down but it's safer to be in the area