A good FTBDirewolf20 1.5 Europe Host No-Lag?

alexionel

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah i am searching for a good FTBDirewolf20 1.5 Europe Host No-Lag for 20 players.
I don't know if http://www.creeperhost.net/ host the new direwolf 20 1.5 and i don't know if it's good for europe.
So please tell me in the comments.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
www.ovh.com dont go shared go dedicated, shared host make all ther money off you. They buy servers from OVH and host all your servers off it.
These are cheap but those are servers themselves. Unless your good at running a server from strach then these things are not worth a dime to you. It's like buying a luxury car even though you don't have your Driver's Lenience to drive it.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
These are cheap but those are servers themselves. Unless your good at running a server from strach then these things are not worth a dime to you. It's like buying a luxury car even though you don't have your Driver's Lenience to drive it.

There is really not much you have to do when you buy the server yourself. I train people on my staff how to do it and from no knowelege to being able to set up their own server, automatic reboots, shell scripting, filewalling, and a few other personal preferences takes under an hour..

Managed hosting does not bring much but a single start stop restart and usually a somewhat easily accessible terminal (and even rarer good support which most of the time involves them googling your issue/here on the forums to find a fix)

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yea but Managed hosting does really helps if your buying from the right host. (Fragnet's from my own experience their customer support is minutes away from a reply to you, and they even have McMyAdim included for any game server you buy from them) The trade off with those cheap dedicated servers is time and more effort than usual counterparts. Also if your not careful some servers are not designed for gaming. If you do it right yes you'll save bucks at the cost for more time and efforts every now and then than being able to play with others.

cjm721

Jul 29, 2019
Yea but Managed hosting does really helps if your buying from the right host. (Fragnet's from my own experience their customer support is minutes away from a reply to you, and they even have McMyAdim included for any game server you buy from them) The trade off with those cheap dedicated servers is time and more effort than usual counterparts. Also if your not careful some servers are not designed for gaming. If you do it right yes you'll save bucks at the cost for more time and efforts every now and then than being able to play with others.

And from my experience of helping others with their servers these forums are just as helpful, just only thing you usually get from Managed is something who can come in and fix it for you instead of telling you how. And personally my dedicated servers are much easier to keep running then any managed as I have full access so I can have them setup exactly how I want, and I don't know of any managed hosting that gives the option of a remote desktop style connection (makes transferring files so much faster when you don't have to type out all the directories, not to mention opening those 50MB server logs from a crash without having to download).

Either way its a thing with upfront effort. I put about 30 minutes into any new server I setup and I don't have to change much of anything from that point on (Yes I realise I done it before so for others its going to take longer), but most time with managed your using less efficient ways of doing what you need to the tables start to turn there.

Then you get into the method of thought that if you can't figure out how to run a server from scratch you probably should not be host anything of any size as it shows your work ethic, but that is an entirely other train of thought.

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Yep I agree it'll save you money but can be a hassle if you don't have a clue how to run the server itself without control panels and customer support that'll help you beyond server problems. Some like myself prefer to have a control panel to all the basic operations (start, restart, stop, backups, running backups, automated server tasks done and server resource usage). Then just do all the files and stuffs from a client FTP (like FileZilla) and then usually your ready to roll. But sometimes you may need a hand and that's where a good customer service comes in and help/does what's you need done/having issues with. I do also agree that times they may not be helpful so hey they're not prefect human being. There are bad "managed" servers on the market but so far from my experience Fragnet is doing good at it. Now if I could just install a minecraft server control panel on one of those server then I could then see why it's wouldn't be so much a hassle running a server from strach.

Mr Chris

Jul 29, 2019
Yep I agree it'll save you money but can be a hassle if you don't have a clue how to run the server itself without control panels and customer support that'll help you beyond server problems. Some like myself prefer to have a control panel to all the basic operations (start, restart, stop, backups, running backups, automated server tasks done and server resource usage). Then just do all the files and stuffs from a client FTP (like FileZilla) and then usually your ready to roll. But sometimes you may need a hand and that's where a good customer service comes in and help/does what's you need done/having issues with. I do also agree that times they may not be helpful so hey they're not prefect human being. There are bad "managed" servers on the market but so far from my experience Fragnet is doing good at it. Now if I could just install a minecraft server control panel on one of those server then I could then see why it's wouldn't be so much a hassle running a server from strach.
Anything that you need hep with with regard to minecraft hosting or CentOS backend is easily available on the Web. Stuff like Mcma can be installed within 10 minutes, stuff like installing a webserver, teamspeak and the rest are a matter of downloading unzipping and running. You can install Apache in 30 seconds with yum etc etc. The money saved/extra performance for same cost is well worth the 30 minutes spent at the start setting up your panel and other things.