OpenBlocks 1.0.0 released!

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
presenting....​
OpenBlocks
by the OpenMods team
I'm please to announce OpenBlocks for Minecraft 1.5.2 is now released.​
OpenBlocks is a new open source mod that introduces a variety of ideas into minecraft, including hang gliders, elevators, awesome multiblock tanks, ghosts, trophies and more!​
OpenBlocks is a relatively new mod, so there's hundreds of ideas we're planning to introduce soon - but we had enough people requesting previews that we decided to release early so we can start on the next version.​
The best way to show off what the mod can do is a spotlight, so here's a spotlight courtesy of Wylker:​
OpenBlocks requires minecraft 1.5.2 and a recommended version of forge.​
All blocks and recipes can be found on our website, http://www.openmods.info

Seraph089

Jul 29, 2019
I'll definitely be checking this out. It looks great (especially elevators and those tanks)

Hollowfires

Jul 29, 2019
suggestion for inventory purposes:

Add a quick empty type of option. e.g. a tool or drain that can shift + right click the tanks.

Ghost seems a little powerful from what I saw in the spotlight.

Apart from that it looks neat.

chronos_qc

Jul 29, 2019
You sir are probably my favorite modder of all, you have tons of great ideas and i'll definitely download this mod, as I did for OpenCC and OpenPeripheral.
Keep up the good work mate :).

Btw sorry for bad English, french speaker trying to write in english.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Once again Mikeemoo, you astonish me with your brilliant mods, I have an idea that you might like in this mod, would be willing to hear it? Ill private message you it so no-one steals it.

I tried making it, but gave up since I'm not a good enough coder yet

hotchi

Jul 29, 2019
tested the mod really cool but i noticed the tanks don't emit light when lava is insight.
Would it be possible to impliment this?

Reactions: AshtenD

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
nice mod, already add to my server
ycpQJfk.gif

mikeemoo

Jul 29, 2019
tested the mod really cool but i noticed the tanks don't emit light when lava is insight.
Would it be possible to impliment this?

Good point. I'll look into it[DOUBLEPOST=1376904106][/DOUBLEPOST]A couple of new spotlights:

[DOUBLEPOST=1376904207][/DOUBLEPOST]I've also moved the "Bear Trap" into OpenBlocks, which was an idea I was messing around with before but never released it.

The bear trap is available on the latest snapshots:

http://www.openblocks.info:8080/job/OpenBlocks/

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Large tanks slaughter the server TPS horribly,

Code:
TPS: 3.2525852
tank.TileEntityTank -802,8,316:0 257.361 msec/t, 86.992%

That one had about 4 stack of tanks by my reckoning, wasn't mine and removing it at tps 3 wasn't fun :D.