[1.5.2] Desolation Magic vs. Machine [1.0.1] [ModPack]

TheMap

Jul 29, 2019
DesPageSplash_zps74a85109.png
Server Code:
DESmvm
New Mods have been added check the website for info.
This modpack is for those looking for a challenge and balanced pvp. We created this pack to allow the user a choice between magic or guns, missles, a.k.a machines. While focusing on making it easier for the player to recover from a loss as well. Less complicated recipes and more pick up and go. With mods like Galacticraft, build your stronghold on the moon and defend it from intruders. The possibilities are endless.
We already have new packs in the works to be added to make the experience more diverse. If you stumble across a bug please report it on our forums. Thanks, and enjoy Desolation MvM.

Untitled-2_zps6a0a5063.png
The Mods and Permissions
Advanced Solar Panels - SeNtiMeL
Applied Energistics - AlgorithmX2
ArmorStatusHUD - bspkrs
AssemblyLine - Calclavia
AtomicScience - Calclavia
BackTools - iChun
BackPack - Eydamos
Biomse O’ Plenty - ted80
TheBorderlandsWeaponMod - IrunoHatake
bspkrsCore - bspkrs
CodeChickenCore - chicken_bones
CoFHCore - KingLemming
DamageIndicators - rich1051414
DimensionalAnchors - Immibis
DirectionHud - bspkrs
FlatBedRock - powercrystals
Galacticraft - micdoodle8
GunCus - Stuuupiiid
WholyGunPack - wholy
IC2NuclearControl - Shedar
ICBM Contraption - Calclavia
ICBM Explosion - Calclavia
ICBM Sentry - Calclavia
Immibis Core - immibis
ImmibisMicroBlocks - immibis
IC2 - Alblaka
Inventory Tweaks - Kobata
IronChests - cpw
Mekanism Core - Aidan
Mekanism Generators - Aidan
Mekanism Tools - Aidan
MFFS 3 - Calclavia
MineChem - ljdp
Minegicka II - Will.Eze
ModularPowerSuits - machinemuse
MPSA - powersuits addon - Andrew2448
NotEnoughItems - mistaqur
ObsidianPlates - Myrathi
Player API - Divisor
PowerCrystalsCore - powercrystals
PowerConverters - powercrystals
ProjectBench - bau5
Rei'sMiniMap - ReiFNSK
SecretRooms - AbrarSyed
SmartMoving - Divisor
StatusEffectHUD - bspkrs
StevesCarts 2 - Vswe
Thermal Expansion - King Lemming

Thanks for checking the pack out. This pack will be updating frequently so keep an eye out for new updates.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool, but magic vs machine isn't very true so far as, as far as I can see there is only 1 magical mod in this pack, I'd recommend adding Ars Magica

MikeCraftian

Jul 29, 2019
Looks cool, but magic vs machine isn't very true so far as, as far as I can see there is only 1 magical mod in this pack, I'd recommend adding Ars Magica

Acctualy the current magic mod is very big and powerfull Themap wants to add more but he needs mod authors permissions

TheMap

Jul 29, 2019

We considered Ars Magica and tested vs guns and it didn't even come close. Having Minegicka mix with Ars Magica would add an extra set of keybinds that wouldn't be worth the hassle due to the mod lacking any oomph. Minegicka has a nice set of very useful spells that can compete with guns if you know how to use them. For example the shield spell blocks bullets, gernades and RPG's. The AoE heal spell is great for team battles, just toss up a shield and AoE heal your group. The list of spell combinations can go on and on.

We may add Elemental Tinker if and when it works properly and also The Runic Dust mod we are awaiting it to be updated so we can implement it.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
We considered Ars Magica and tested vs guns and it didn't even come close. Having Minegicka mix with Ars Magica would add an extra set of keybinds that wouldn't be worth the hassle due to the mod lacking any oomph. Minegicka has a nice set of very useful spells that can compete with guns if you know how to use them. For example the shield spell blocks bullets, gernades and RPG's. The AoE heal spell is great for team battles, just toss up a shield and AoE heal your group. The list of spell combinations can go on and on.

We may add Elemental Tinker if and when it works properly and also The Runic Dust mod we are awaiting it to be updated so we can implement it.
Actually yes that's a good point, too many keybinds is never very good, and if Minegicka has spells anything like Magicka then it'll be good. However, Elemental Tinkerer is no longer maintained, so adding that won't be very useful as it can't be updated, however Runic Dust is cool :)