Seeking: BuildCraft Gates & Pipe Wires guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoch

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all,

We are looking for some guides covering the function and usage of BuildCraft's gates and wires. Some example guides would be:
  • Normal Gates vs Autarchic Gates. AND vs OR Gates. Comparing the different kinds of gates (Regular, Iron, Gold, Diamond).
  • Useful examples of gates and/or pipe wires in use, e.g. using a gate to self-regulate the heat of a combustion engine and make it turn off, or controlling liquid flow when a tank is full.
You don't have to cover all the points above; you can just cover a small portion or provide one example. We may combine and edit multiple contributors' work.

Some notes:
  1. Keep the guide objective (no use of "I"s), straightforward, and to the point. No additional fluff or filler please.
  2. Do not copy a guide from another source.
  3. No need to worry about recipes, links, or formatting. We will add them in the final article.
  4. Tables and images are optional, though please keep images to a minimum number. They may be used if they contribute to the article. If you include images, please use screenshots with the default Minecraft skin.
You will receive credit for your work, but the wiki team reserves all rights to make edits to content and format as we seek to keep the wiki consistent.

Thank you

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Some quality articles that may be added in the unofficial wiki
There are no copy write issues here copy what you want.

There may not be copyright issues however a lot of the information on that site is very inaccurate and/or out of date. This is a result of people copy pasting from out of date wikis. We'll take our time and deliver accurate content.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
It's OK to make mistakes, we check every edits for them.

But you'd better create accurate and well-formatted articles if you're looking to join the team. We're always looking for exceptional, active and cooperative writers, we invite such editors on the wiki to the team from time to time. Interacting with the wiki team on the wiki IRC along with making good edits is a good way to start.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
I think I gotta practice a little more before looking into joining the team, so just helping out by making small bits of articles is fine for me. Maybe once I am a little more expirienced I can do the whole thing myself.

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure if it saved properly, at least I cannot see any sign that I edited that article, even though I did :/
Will have another go at it if it didn't save.

Jinbobo

Jul 29, 2019
I did, but it started blabbering about the page not syncing.
Anyhow, if you can see it did not submit properly, I'll just go on and write it over.

Try editing the sandbox first, see if you can save the page.
wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Sandbox

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Try editing the sandbox first, see if you can save the page.
wiki.feed-the-beast.com/Sandbox

Good idea, will do that now[DOUBLEPOST=1375791921][/DOUBLEPOST]Seemed fine on the sandbox, gonna try my luck on the gate page

There we go! I got a picture too, but I couldn't upload it. It said something about not editing it in the API

Status
Not open for further replies.